Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (HHN 2024) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (HHN 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m going to come out and say actively wanting “kids” and “families” at HHN *IS* an issue! This is not an event catering to a general audience, it’s a GA that finds amusement in horror and adrenaline through getting scared, if not being absorbed by the atmosphere alone! Saying you welcome GB because it extends HHN’s hand to that audience only asks for neutering of the event in Hollywood’s eye which is already MUCH more difficult compared to the liberties and quick changes HHNO can make for their daytime crowd.

I’m going to come out and say actively wanting “kids” and “families” at HHN *IS* an issue! This is not an event catering to a general audience, it’s a GA that finds amusement in horror and adrenaline through getting scared, if not being absorbed by the atmosphere alone! Saying you welcome GB because it extends HHN’s hand to that audience only asks for neutering of the event in Hollywood’s eye which is already MUCH more difficult compared to the liberties and quick changes HHNO can make for their daytime crowd.
Yep, agree with this completely. And isn't this part of the reason for that rumored summer after-hours event? I love the idea of a Universal Studios Popular Intellectual Property Night where people can hang out in immersive settings based on family-friendly popcorn movies like Ghostbusters and E.T. and The Blues Brothers. That sounds really cool, I'd go in a heartbeat. Let's keep HHN focused on horror.

Me coming back after a while and visiting this thread excited to see what everyone is thinking will be in the maze, only to find four pages of everyone arguing about its mere existence instead:

View attachment 22451
I want a giant Garraka puppet, some clever usage of Slimer for nostalgia, a neat shimmery ghost effect for the Melody character, and hopefully some creative monsters possessed by the red little poltergeist that hopped into the stone lions in the movie.

So just like the 2019 house, this will feature a lot of franchise references (except the animated series). It's Frozen Empire: featuring the Ghostbusters greatest hits.

Curious to see all the special effects implemented. And it's crazy that the event is so close & they're still scrambling around to complete the house/set details.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I like how the team is leaning into the houses genre and not just trying to create the same thing in each one, playing to their strengths

This is the one upside of getting articles from different media... there's always different photos of the same things revealing new things.

Sewer dragon & finale are what I want to see most now. Obviously

Can we talk about how the facade seems to have two animated figures? One for Slimer, and one for the Taxi driver?

Genuinely--in love with that; and in love with how layered the facade is. It looks like a backwall corner tucked away in the big city.
I could be wrong I think the Taxi Driver was at the last house. Glad Slimer will be there away well to entertain people as they wait

I finally got around to finishing this movie in preparation for the event. I've seen almost every movie an HHN maze has been based on prior to the event (with the exception of Dracula: Untold, which still puts me to sleep to this day, and I honestly don't think I'll ever finish but hey, the maze was great). I figured I couldn't let the "haven't seen" record go any higher than just the 1, so I pushed through Frozen Empire. After 3 tries, I finally successfully completed the movie (walked out in theaters the first time about 35 minutes in, watched it on the high seas up until 58 minutes and gave up again, then finally completed the last hour just now on Netflix with the assist of 1.5x speed for the climax because I just couldn't take it anymore).

I gotta say, this is genuinely the worst movie an HHN maze has been based on lol I am including the sequels smashed into compilation mazes, like some of the crappy Jason and Freddy sequels. I would consider the film "Leatherface" to be the worst, but since it's just a character in the TCM maze and the film itself isn't being replicated, that one is skating by on a technicality. The first 2 Ghostbusters films are obviously great, but just didn't make a good maze, so my hope here is obviously bad-movie-into-good-maze. I really didn't think my expectations could get any lower for this one, but low and behold, they did. Saw the preview pix and it's not helping either.

My anticipation is very low and I almost wish I didn't finish the movie before so I could at the very least be surprised lol. Less than a week away, so we shall see how this goes.

I feel like the "past" scene with the frozen dining table is unnecessary. Out of all the media preview photos, that one leaves me feeling "meh".

After watching a POV of Orlando's house, I'm hoping ours is better. They seemed to "look" very samey-same/shared adaptation though rather than completely different. :eyes:o_O