Ghostbusters | Inside Universal Forums

Ghostbusters

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 23, 2008
Staten Island, NY
Steve Carell and Seth Rogen will suit up for a third Ghostbusters movie, according to Dread Central.

Backstage.jpg

Rumours suggest that the new film will bring together original Ghostbusters Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson, who will hand over their business to four younger paranormal experts.

Speculation regarding a third Ghostbusters film has been rife for years, but the possibility looked slim because of Bill Murray's reluctance to return for another sequel.

However, the original cast members, including Murray, have all lent their voices to the forthcoming Ghostbusters: The Video Game, due for release this autumn.

Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a117612/carell-rogen-to-star-in-ghostbusters.html

I had a feeling this was going to happen. A passing of the torch of the old GB's to the new. Bring on Jason Segel and Paul Rudd as the other 2. Have Jonah Hill as the "Luis Tully" of the group and Leslie Mann as the "Jeanine Melnitz" type.

I had a feeling this was going to happen. A passing of the torch of the old GB's to the new. Bring on Jason Segel and Paul Rudd as the other 2. Have Jonah Hill as the "Luis Tully" of the group and Leslie Mann as the "Jeanine Melnitz" type.

:bang: Exactly what SHOULDN'T happen to this classic of a franchise.

But seems the teens will love it. :doh:

Sign me up for the tired of Seth crowd. I was thinking that while reading the Pineapple Express thread, but thought saying would show me to be uncool, but since Peaches brought it up.
Anywho, I had heard about the Ghostbusters thing a couple of weeks ago, but heard the sticking point was that Rick Moranis was holding out now that he is a giant megastar.

I could not be happier, for all of you are tired of seth, I understand. He has been in way too much lately. I still love the whole and keep bringing on the movies.

I think this would be a great idea and I am all for it.

It will no doubt be funny. But by the time it comes out, the Apatow crew may be tiresome.

I still stick to my guns, "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" was funny as hell though.

I could not be happier, for all of you are tired of seth, I understand. He has been in way too much lately. I still love the whole and keep bringing on the movies.

I think this would be a great idea and I am all for it.

I do like him, I think he is funny and all, but he just seems like the same character in everything he is in and I tend to get tired of actors like that easily...
i.e. Ben Stiller and Jack Black.
The only reason I wanna see Tropic Thunder is for Downey Jr. ;)

I do like him, I think he is funny and all, but he just seems like the same character in everything he is in and I tend to get tired of actors like that easily...
i.e. Ben Stiller and Jack Black.
The only reason I wanna see Tropic Thunder is for Downey Jr. ;)

yeah his characters are all the same. He is funny but I dont think the GB is for them.

Yes I agree his characters have all been the same, well the cop in superbad was a little different but not much. However his characters are starting to get different. Observe and Report is supposedly a racist cop of some kind :lol: . Funny People, is going to be a little different, he is playing a comedian who is not funny or something like that. I think that green hornet will be different too :lol:

However, I hope he does change a small bit. He is going to turn into an Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, or Jim Carrey type of actor where alot of it is just the same character, but they are still funny. ( Will Ferrell has not been for me in awhile :lol: )

Yes I agree his characters have all been the same, well the cop in superbad was a little different but not much. However his characters are starting to get different. Observe and Report is supposedly a racist cop of some kind :lol: . Funny People, is going to be a little different, he is playing a comedian who is not funny or something like that. I think that green hornet will be different too :lol:

However, I hope he does change a small bit. He is going to turn into an Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, or Jim Carrey type of actor where alot of it is just the same character, but they are still funny. ( Will Ferrell has not been for me in awhile :lol: )

Amen. But Green Hornet seems ridiculous to me. Dude better loose some weight. The character just doesnt fit AT ALL to me. :shrug:

Amen. But Green Hornet seems ridiculous to me. Dude better loose some weight. The character just doesnt fit AT ALL to me. :shrug:

Well he has said that, green hornet does not have a real fanbase or websites or anything, so they are going to take it in a whole new direction. The idea they have at the moment is a sidekick being more popular then the hero. Cool idea.

But anyway, I need the original 4 guys to be in one scene or have some role and Rick Moranis too.