Glow with the Show coming to WDW | Inside Universal Forums

Glow with the Show coming to WDW

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hockeyman55

V.I.P. Member
Aug 19, 2009
Palm Beach Gardens
Well I for one am excited about this, im a sucker for things that light up and glow :lol:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

Glow With the Show’ Ears Coming to Walt Disney World Resort This Fall

We’re excited to announce today that the interactive, color-changing “Glow with the Show” Ears introduced at Disneyland Resort last summer are coming to the Walt Disney World Resort – beginning on October 15.

‘Glow With the Show’ Ears Coming to Walt Disney World Resort This Fall
The magical Mickey Ear Hats will make their debut with Fantasmic! on October 15, a date that also happens to mark the 15th anniversary of the nighttime spectacular at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Also, beginning on October 19, “Glow with the Show” Ears will become part of “Wishes” fireworks and the “Celebrate the Magic” nighttime projection show at Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom Park. And during the holiday season, be sure to wear your Ears for special surprises during The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights and performances of “Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season.”
As Erin has shared with Disney Parks Blog readers, “Glow with the Show” Ear Hats employ leading edge technology to light up and synchronize with each entertainment experience in amazing and dazzling new ways, making members of the audience an integral part of the show.
Let us know if you’re excited to “Glow with the Show” at Walt Disney World Resort this fall.

This is cool. Do a lot of people get them at Disneyland? Just wondering if we will see a lot of cool things in the audience or a one off type of thing.

No.:lol:

And to be honest, they're more distracting than cool.
Every video I've ever seen except for the opening night they were used, only showed a few dozen people wearing them. From the posts I've read, they've been pretty much a failure thus far. They probably have a ton of old inventory to move, so they'll try them at WDW to see if it'll work there..

It's cool when everyone does it, but it hardly even works at DL, never mind WDW where you have a constant flow of tourists. Skip is right that they are distracting if not working the way they are intended to. I imagine they'll have a media event and that's one of the only times you'll see it working correctly at WDW.

I agree they seem to have failed at Disneyland. It looked cool in the video with the whole crowd wearing them, so I bought them on my trip to Disneyland. During World of Color I swear I counted maybe twelve people wearing them. Including me.