Godzilla Ride? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Godzilla Ride?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well since he's so different from kong isn't that a bigger reason to add him into the park? Also rights can be worked out. It's not like they are trying to get a Disney property

I don't think I can see Godzilla coming to the parks.
A.) Godzilla is the exact opposite of Kong
B.) Universal doesn't have a contract with Lionsgate

Lionsgate? The new godzilla movie is made by Legendary Entertainment and is distributed by Warner, and if I am not mistaken, Legendary recently signed a new deal with Universal that will see them to be future distributor and will allow them to have theme park rights to their films.

Honestly guys I saw the Godzilla movie over the weekend and I just don't see a fit for a theme park. The movie lacked (plot holes galore) and for some reason I just can't imagine this being a ride. I firmly believe the Disaster ride should stay as is (classic, unique, and creative Universal ride).

Honestly guys I saw the Godzilla movie over the weekend and I just don't see a fit for a theme park. The movie lacked (plot holes galore) and for some reason I just can't imagine this being a ride. I firmly believe the Disaster ride should stay as is (classic, unique, and creative Universal ride).

You actually like Disaster?
I think Godzilla being branded here would have a bigger draw.

Disaster is weak. Disasters can happen anywhere. Hell Florida is prone to natural disasters so I don't see how that makes San Fransisco so special. Godzilla on the other hand does.

So you don't think that the subway/ train scene in Godzilla, where the M.U.T.O and Godzilla have their first encounter would make a good replacement for Disaster. All they have to do is re brand the scene with San Francisco instead of the Hawaii airport.

You actually like Disaster?
I think Godzilla being branded here would have a bigger draw.

Disaster is weak. Disasters can happen anywhere. Hell Florida is prone to natural disasters so I don't see how that makes San Fransisco so special. Godzilla on the other hand does.
Disaster's a fairly harmless ride, but I'd probably like Godzilla more. Universal probably needs some of the D-ticket stuff like Disaster and T2 3D. Wouldn't mind Godzilla, but the film wasn't exactly well received based on what the majority of people have told me about it ("Godzilla's not in it enough!", etc). It would have to be completely unrelated to the film.

Just think about how E-tickets USF will have, though.

DM
Transformers
Mummy
Godzilla (if it takes Disaster's place)
HE
Gringotts
MIB
Simpsons

8 at USF, 9 at IOA (with Kong)... crazy when you consider MK only has 7 after 43 years (Pirates, Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Small World, Big Thunder, Splash, and Space), Epcot only has 4 after 32(Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Mission - SPACE, Soarin'), DHS only has 3.5 after 25(Tower of Terror, Rock n' Roller Coaster, Star Tours and Great Movie if they ever fix it :lol:), and AK only has 4 after 16(Everest, Kali, DINOSAUR and Kilimanjaro).

Both could potentially top 10 at some point... :doggie:

I honestly do like Disaster. I mean its not a huge attraction but its what Universal needs in the area of family friendly, studio oriented rides. Its very interactive and easy for everyone. I honestly think it would be a shame if they got rid of it now when they are trying to orient their parks to families. My two cents.

I predict Both are definitely going to top 10 by the end of the decade, if I'm wrong I'll owe you a coke
Let's crank it up to 11 :lol:

Oh no doubt... USF and IOA are at 10 million guests by 2018. Could get over 11 million each by the 50th.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly do like Disaster. I mean its not a huge attraction but its what Universal needs in the area of family friendly, studio oriented rides. Its very interactive and easy for everyone. I honestly think it would be a shame if they got rid of it now when they are trying to orient their parks to families. My two cents.

The Godzilla replacement could be all ages like Disaster... especially since Kong is supposedly not going to have a height requirement. But I agree that Disaster is one of the few all ages attractions at USF

Last edited:
If you know me you know I hate anything with audience participation outside of a concert and disaster has to be one of the worst cases of that. I don't think it's a bad attraction by any means but I definitely can see it being a better attraction especially with 360 3D

Disaster should really be top priority since it was added in 2008. Later in the decade makes a lot more sense. Shrek, Twister, T2, Fear Factor and KidZone need to be addressed first

Just think about how E-tickets USF will have, though.

DM
Transformers
Mummy
Godzilla (if it takes Disaster's place)
HE
Gringotts
MIB
Simpsons

8 at USF, 9 at IOA (with Kong)... crazy when you consider MK only has 7 after 43 years (Pirates, Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Small World, Big Thunder, Splash, and Space), Epcot only has 4 after 32(Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Mission - SPACE, Soarin'), DHS only has 3.5 after 25(Tower of Terror, Rock n' Roller Coaster, Star Tours and Great Movie if they ever fix it :lol:), and AK only has 4 after 16(Everest, Kali, DINOSAUR and Kilimanjaro).

I know that an E-Ticket can be subjective, but I think Rip Ride Rockit at USF would be considered an E-ticket. And if you're going to offer up MIB as an E-Ticket then it follows that Toy Story Mania and possibly even Buzz Lightyear would make the cut. Seven Dwarfs is also a pretty clear E-Ticket at MK now, tame as it may be.

I know that an E-Ticket can be subjective, but I think Rip Ride Rockit at USF would be considered an E-ticket. And if you're going to offer up MIB as an E-Ticket then it follows that Toy Story Mania and possibly even Buzz Lightyear would make the cut. Seven Dwarfs is also a pretty clear E-Ticket at MK now, tame as it may be.

Rockit is, my bad!

Toy Story Mania is just TV screens with some spinning thrown in :lol: so it's a C ticket. Buzz is a solid D since there isn't full scale AAs. MIB has significantly better theming, sets, and AAs while the other two just aren't even close.

I'll give you SDMT only because of how intricant the exterior looks.

So USF could potentially have 12 and IOA could potentially have 11 by the 50th while MK will have 8, Epcot has 4, DHS has 3.5, and AK has 4. 3.5 more E tickets than the entire WDW resort. Isn't that just magical? :p

23 big boy rides in 2 parks versus 19.5 big boy rides in 4 parks. Am I the only one who's questioning a 5th gate? :lol:

Either way Godzirrah should replace Disaster or not come in at all... don't want MIB replaced

- - - Updated - - -

The E ticket system is incredibly outdated. Why can't we just call them big boy rides?

True, headliners or must-sees could be a better name, too