Going to Florida in March, need help. | Inside Universal Forums

Going to Florida in March, need help.

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 24, 2009
Maine
Alright, so I'm going to Florida in March with my parents for a few days to go to a Red Sox spring training game, but I have 1 day to go to a park of my choosing. My problem is, I don't know which one to go to. I've been to Universal and IOA several times and recently so there's not a whole lot that's new since I've been there last except for the Transformers ride and Springfield. Busch Gardens Tampa is also on my list but I was just there a few years ago. The only issue I have with picking a Disney park is that I've always felt that if I was going to do 1, I need to do them all in the same trip to get the full experience. And then there's Sea World...I would love some input on where you guys think I should go as I'm totally stumped at this point in time. Thanks!

If it was 1 day, I would pick Universal and try and do both IOA and Universal. The others are great, you're just not going to be able to see the top stuff offered at the other parks in 1 day like you can at Uni if you rush.

It sounds to me like you're going to be near jetBlue Park, which is right next to my parent's place. I'd recommend hitting up BGT. For one it's a way shorter drive, and less of a pain-in-the-ass to get to. From jetBlue Park to the entrance of BGT is about 2 hours on the mark if you just take 75 north.

Are your parents going to go with you to the park? If so what parks would they enjoy more?

Since you said that you have been to Universal a lot lately I would skip it and go on you next trip when you would have multiple days and Diagon Alley open.

Me personally, I would choose SeaWorld just because with them just finishing Antarctica last year they probably won’t get a major new attraction for the next 3 or 4 years. So I won’t feel the need to go back there on my next visit. But also that would depend on if you like SeaWorld and how often you visit Orlando.

I also think Busch Gardens and SeaWorld are the best bet for a 1-day visit since I assume they don’t get affected as much by possible spring break crowds.

What attractions are you and your parents into? What are your interests? I think that has a lot to do with it.

Universal Orlando Resort is definitely my favorite because it packs the most punch per park or resort for a day. But, if you've done 'em a lot recently, and if you'd be able to come again soon, I'd save it for after Diagon Alley opens.

My next favorite is BGT. Beautiful park, a great selection of coasters, and a lot of exhibits if you're into animals and nature. Oh, just avoid Gwazi like the plague - it's the only bad thing about the park.

Then SeaWorld is another beautiful park with also a couple of great, must-do coasters (Manta is one of the best attractions in Orlando between the queue and the actual coaster).

Bottom of my personal list is Disney. I've done the four Disney World parks in a day, and it's not pleasant. For one park, you can do Magic Kingdom and get the most iconic dark rides and a great fireworks show at night. Or if you feel like going on a foodie and culture dash, and ride the new Test Track plus the iconic Spaceship Earth, Epcot is for you. Animal Kingdom to get some rides and also relax for a day in the nature / theming. Hollywood Studios has Tower of Terror...

I would add on that if you do try one of the Disney parks make sure you do some research on which park you have in mind. Some parks are completely my magic and fast pass + which can alter plans and some of the rides you want to go on may be nearly impossible without getting there early

Epcot I believe is full My Magic now with Soarin and Test Track as the brutal lines
Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Mania nearly impossible not to wait in huge lines unless you can get a fast pass near opening

I would go with Universal or BG. Disney is way to massive and I can't suggest just 1 park not knowing what you are into.

Are your parents going to go with you to the park? If so what parks would they enjoy more?

Since you said that you have been to Universal a lot lately I would skip it and go on you next trip when you would have multiple days and Diagon Alley open.

What attractions are you and your parents into? What are your interests? I think that has a lot to do with it.

Universal Orlando Resort is definitely my favorite because it packs the most punch per park or resort for a day. But, if you've done 'em a lot recently, and if you'd be able to come again soon, I'd save it for after Diagon Alley opens.

My parents are going with me but they like everything that I do which is roller coasters and thrill rides, I also appreciate good scenery and food as well. I was thinking the same thing about going to Universal on my next trip and maybe going to BGT or Sea World on this trip. Sea world I've never been to so there's roller coasters I haven't ridden yet, as opposed to BGT where Cheetah Hunt is the only one I haven't ridden there.

Thanks for everyone's input I really appreciate it!