Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Goodbye Globe Theater

^ That was good and gave me a better understanding of what has gone on there and what will happen in the future. It seems the various parks are well on there way to becoming more homogenized; Vivo and I get the impression that HHN is slowly becoming more of an Orlando style bigger event on the west coast.

^ That was good and gave me a better understanding of what has gone on there and what will happen in the future. It seems the various parks are well on there way to becoming more homogenized; Vivo and I get the impression that HHN is slowly becoming more of an Orlando style bigger event on the west coast.
Which I don't necessarily see as a good thing. Hollywood really needs some unique rides... would really help to get me to care to go back to the park. Last time I went was over NYE 2012 into 2013 and I know the Upper Lot is practically unrecognizable now from then, but it's pretty much all stuff I can experience in Orlando, aside from the Studio Tour.

Which I don't necessarily see as a good thing. Hollywood really needs some unique rides... would really help to get me to care to go back to the park. Last time I went was over NYE 2012 into 2013 and I know the Upper Lot is practically unrecognizable now from then, but it's pretty much all stuff I can experience in Orlando, aside from the Studio Tour.

Yeah, but that's the consequence of being next to an actual Universal Studios which has been sitting on the mountains over a century ago, and being very limited on space. Funny enough, Walt Disney wanted to build Disneyland near to Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, but it was too small for such a large park, so plans went towards for Anaheim instead. But I think Hollywood is getting there in order to cater the needs of the fans and guests who are big fans of Universal and theme parks in general.

I get the impression that HHN is slowly becoming more of an Orlando style bigger event on the west coast.

Well, with Horror Made Here happening literally across the street at WB, and Knott's getting better each year, Universal will need to step up to Orlando's level otherwise they'll get crushed.

Which I don't necessarily see as a good thing. Hollywood really needs some unique rides... would really help to get me to care to go back to the park.
This x1000 ...it has been the main issue I have noticed lately. The park is trying to be something its not, can never be and was never meant to be. The cloning is terrible. At least when Disney does it (or used to), the rides/attractions would more or less be different with a few shared similarities. When Orlando was built & turned KONG, Earthquake, & JAWS into actual rides it was a fun new experience of a classic studio tour attraction. Now they just copy/paste & slap a fancy facade/queue infront of it and call it a day.

I think the Parisian Courtyard will go away, but for another attraction separate from Pets.

I respectfully disagree. SLoP has always been a 33K sq ft attraction, even when it was supposed to be on sS28. If you remove Parisian...the darn thing fits as the same size. Plus, this building is going to be huge and create an all new sight line from Universal Plaza. They cannot build down because it’s on top of the parking structure. All 2 stories will tower above everything in the Upper Lot.

I do believe the building will house a gift shop, restaurant, restrooms and a queue all on the first floor. I’m not saying I have seen final plans or anything, but it does match what I have seen in the past and can be very easy to port.

Baker Street will be eliminated IMO.

I think Baker Street isn't long for this world, but I'm not going to be shocked if they surprise us by being able to cram Pets within the area of Globe.

__

On bringing this up from the Pet's thread..looks like we may have footers.

From RyanTheme Park,