Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Grand Theft Auto 5

Heading to Gamestop after work tomorrow. Dropped in today to pay it off and my store.. which is small.. says they have 842 preorders. Unreal.

I love Gamestop! I got group B, was in and out by 12:02. But dang there was a huge line behind me, maybe a thousand people but IDK what % were just friends of people getting the game. About halfway through the install, going quicker than I thought. :thumbs:

That's crazy the amount of pre orders, so there actually gonna carry close to 1000 copies in store? Gonna look to get this later in the week, hopefully it's not sold out everywhere

So I did about 3 missions, then preceded to spend about the next 3 hours stealing planes. I can not stay focused.

So I did about 3 missions, then preceded to spend about the next 3 hours stealing planes. I can not stay focused.

I have yet to steal a plane, but it is so hard not to keep going "sight seeing" between missions :rofl:

Checked out the Santa Minica Pier (you can ride the rollercoaster), Grauman's Chinese Theatre, and a few other things. They also have spoofs of In & Out Burger, Ripley's Believe it or Not, Guinness World Records Museum and IDK what else. Though I have yet to see a certain "Vinewood" themepark :'(

But so far it seems like there is going to be a good variety in missions, and a lot of mini-games like the older GTAs. That and how annoying your friends (dating) are is what I did not like so much about GTA4. Plus in this one you can always go back and replay just your favorite missions whenever you want, I will never understand why that was not included in all GTAs?

I guess I was wrong about the install time earlier. It was maybe 10 - 20 min, but I wasn't paying attention so it "seemed" like maybe 3-5min. But since most of the loading while your playing the game was cut out it seems like a good trade. There is no delay or flash between gameplay and cut-scene. You walk up and it takes over, plays out much more like a movie.

Too bad this game came out when I am super busy with other stuff, so I haven't logged a lot of play time. Seems amazing so far, I'll let y'all know after I've got a better feel for the game.

Played about 2 hours and absolutely love it!!!! so many choices and things to do!!! cant decide who i want to be... and keep getting sidetracked....hopefully can play more tonight.

I freaking love this game, who knows how many hours I've put into it so far. Although I think the cops are a little ridiculous. I accidentally walked into a police officer trying to get my car out of the impound and immediately got 2 stars. That led to a 15 minute 5 star police chase that I took to the military base as I watched tanks blow up cops aiming at me. Long story short I got away in a jet thanks to Trevor's special ability, and now I have a billion dollar jet stored in my hanger =D.

I think its funny that the "Hot coffee" hack in San Andreas was sooooo controversial but this game takes that to a whole different level lol and I havent heard about it in the news at all

The hype for this is real, though not a 10/10, more like a 9.5

I agree... I like it a lot but not as much as I enjoyed previous ones. I find myself more likely to play Madden than GTA.

Part of the problem for me is the excruciatingly long load time to start it up on PS3.

I made Michael into Walter White in my game. :lol:

555850_10200637307759171_730496800_n.jpg

Sorry for the bump but theres 2 things.

Lindsay Lohan has Sued RockStar Games due to a character in the game called Lacy Jonas which is a minor character that's really just in one quick

thing. And I have GTAV on PS3 so if anyone wants to make a gang then i'd be happy to do it.

I went to Target the other day and sold my 360 version. I've already pre-ordered it for the PS4. Once I found out that your online save data transfers over I was sold! Loved playing online and with even better graphics this time around it should be awesome!