Green Eggs and Ham | Inside Universal Forums

Green Eggs and Ham

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 25, 2014
So this kinda' flew under the radar, a series of Dr. Seuss's Green Eggs and Ham. Apparently it was announced way back in 2015, each episode cost around 5-6 Million to make, is this just another whiff of a Seuss adaptation like we've seen before with alterations to the main story itself and whatever it adds to it? Let's see...

So the answer is a bit of a surprise, actually this entire series is a surprise!

First off, the animation. They took their time to do legitimate 2D traditional animation, and it looks amazing. It perfectly captures the look of Dr. Seuss and it's chock full of visual splendor and whimsical gags throughout the series.

Then there's the story/writing, and this is probably the biggest surprise of them all. It's really good! Naturally like the other modern day Seuss adaptations, the story is expanded. But unlike pretty much all the others, this one actually works with the odd couple of Guy and Sam going on quite the road trip to save a unique animal. An when it comes to referencing the source material, it treats it sincerely. On top of that, it's way more funny and witty then I thought it would be. An man, it get's downright poignant at times in ways I didn't expect.

Now yes, with this being a Seuss adaptation in the modern day, there are pop culture references, sayings etc. That can always be a YMMV kind of thing, but for me I was fine with the way they handled them. It never felt like they were trying to shove them in your face at any given moment, and the times they did use them fit the scene fairly well.

All in all, this series is beautifully drawn and animated, with a good story that's funny, witty and chock full of whimsical charm. I'm still stunned on how good this is, for me it's the best modern day Dr. Seuss adaptation out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: captainmoch