Grinchmas 2013 Future? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Grinchmas 2013 Future?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That'd be awesome! Personally, if it was up to me, I'd completely transform most of the upper lot into Whoville. From the entrance, all the way to Universal Plaza, I'd make it Whoville. I'd add temporary whoville facades to the outside of the stores in the entrance, make HoH into Mt. Crumpit and into the Grinch's Lair, give whoville facades to the cartooniversal store and NY facades, and of course make Universal Plaza the main Whoville location. Would be amazing :)

That'd be awesome! Personally, if it was up to me, I'd completely transform most of the upper lot into Whoville. From the entrance, all the way to Universal Plaza, I'd make it Whoville. I'd add temporary whoville facades to the outside of the stores in the entrance, make HoH into Mt. Crumpit and into the Grinch's Lair, give whoville facades to the cartooniversal store and NY facades, and of course make Universal Plaza the main Whoville location. Would be amazing :)
Correct me If I am wrong but aren't the Whoville facades in the backlot only made out of Styrofoam? Would it be too unrealistic if they were to move those set pieces to Universal Plaza for Grinchmas?

Correct me If I am wrong but aren't the Whoville facades in the backlot only made out of Styrofoam? Would it be too unrealistic if they were to move those set pieces to Universal Plaza for Grinchmas?
I think so. The sets are also in bad shape form being out in the open for years. If they were to repaint them then that would be great.

I'm starting to get more and more curious about Grinchmas, as well as excited. Best time of year for the park, even though the lines are nuts. I wonder if they'll fully utilize Universal Plaza for everything or if they'll maybe have some part of the event in SES or AA.

I also kind of wish that another part of the tour would have a Grinchmas segment. I actually LOVED the Mt. Crumpit overlay of the spinning tunnel a few years back!
i know this is unlikely but what about 3d grinch in kong. they could get illumination for it and it would be going down mt crumpit.

^ no way should they touch Kong and make it into Mt Crumpit. It's way too substantial and popular of an attraction to completely close for a month for a Grinch overlay. Doable, but not practical for USH.

I'd rather see Mt. Crumpit and the Grinch's Lair move back into HoH this year. That'd be fantastic.

And yeah, Bernard is right, it's in way too much of a bad and unstable condition to be moved.

I'd rather USH spend the money and completely do the front of the park as Whoville and have temporary Whoville facades for everything from the entrance to Universal Plaza, with the main event inside. HHN has a separate budget from the park for intricate sets, and I think Grinchmas should get a bigger budget too and make it a very lavish event.

Also, I'd give a holiday overlay to The Simpsons. Make Krustyland celebrate the Holidays too and have us go through Haunted Condo Holiday and Happy Little Elves in Holiday Panda Land, etc. I think it'd be a fun addition if they spent the money and reprogrammed the ride vehicles for new footage.

If Disney can go all out for the holidays with two ride overlays, I think Universal should do the same!

I'm starting to get more and more curious about Grinchmas, as well as excited. Best time of year for the park, even though the lines are nuts. I wonder if they'll fully utilize Universal Plaza for everything or if they'll maybe have some part of the event in SES or AA.
It's all Plaza.

I am looking forward to seeing this light system. I was looking around the other day and can't find where they are. Are the light towers similar in size to Fantasmic?

I am looking forward to seeing this light system. I was looking around the other day and can't find where they are. Are the light towers similar in size to Fantasmic?
I think they're hidden beneath some gray trap doors within the inner perimeter of Plaza. It'd be interesting to see how tall they really are.

How about giving the T-REX in the finalle of Jurassic park a huge Santa hat. can someone make a photo for me of that idea.... :mellow:
Please no! Hahaha it was bad enough seeing it on Kong once! Lol

I think they're hidden beneath some gray trap doors within the inner perimeter of Plaza. It'd be interesting to see how tall they really are.
Yeah, that's where they are, all around the perimeter.

Reactions: Alexshow.
I heard a rumor that there will be no Tree Lighting this year. Some speculation about not having the rights to do a show with the characters. Okay for theme and walk around, just not for a show. I'm thinking that's not it because they have the little "show" on the Studio Tour.

I heard a rumor that there will be no Tree Lighting this year. Some speculation about not having the rights to do a show with the characters. Okay for theme and walk around, just not for a show. I'm thinking that's not it because they have the little "show" on the Studio Tour.
The film was distributed by Universal, and Universal recently extended their contracts with Imagine Entertainment through 2016. I would be surprised if they had ANY legal problems with Imagine what-so-ever, the studios love each other.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
Doesn't the Geisel family own the rights to the characters? Imagine may have gotten the right for a movie that did not include stage performance rights.

Anyway, that's the rumor I heard. I guees since none of you have heard that, the Tree Lighting is still on. I hope I heard wrong. It would be sad to have no Tree Lighting show at Grinchmas.

So I was there today and heard the rumor again. No Tree Lighting. On the audition page they don't mention the Tree Lighting and the needed characters like they did last year. Only "Grinchmas Dancers".