Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Grinchmas 2013 Official

I don't think they will. Uni is screwed unless they get very, very creative but most of their space is far too valuable to themselves to "waste" it on Grinchmas. For instance, the Globe Theater plausibly could be a great place to set at the very least the snow play up. But those two times they have an event to hold there during teh holidays is way more enticing than that.

Can you imagine if they upped the budget and made HoH into the Grinch's lair this year and have a snow play area in there as well? That'd be like an entire new attraction. If Disney can have attraction overlays, so can Universal.

think i figured out the whole situation. looks like the pavement around the plaza wasnt finished 100 percent and wont be until grinchmas starts. looks like they really rushed it for hhn... i think thats the problem with the grinchmas situation.

Can't possibly be true. Otherwise there would be no tree, and it certainly would not be featured in the Plaza if that was the case.

Each year USH has added to HHN and it gets more and more popular. Each year they have added to Grinchmas. Then this year they skimp. For whatever reason. And the reason won't matter to the paying guest. "Sorry, the plaza wasn't ready." "Sorry, we're building other things". But maybe in their eyes it doesn't really matter because in two years the attendance will soar.

BTW: I'm sure you all saw the TEA report. DCA up 22.6% in attendance and USH up 15% - the second highest of all parks. Disneyland down 1.1%

Can't possibly be true. Otherwise there would be no tree, and it certainly would not be featured in the Plaza if that was the case.
where the tree is isnt where the problems are.

honestly i can see it coming back next year and have bigger bleachers going over the awinings that they have in the plaza

no no no, OVER them. Im sure they have some sturdy bleachers they can get somewhere that never touch those awnings. Of course then they would just put some barricades to make sure people do not go under them. kinda like what they did at tom sawyer island for the POTC 4 premiere.

There were some temporary lighting rigs going up in Plaza yesterday. Don't know if that means anything.

Probably lighting for the tree.  I can imagine the water fountain will be off all season and photo opportunities will be going all day and night.  Poor dogs.

Well we all kind of knew there was no lighting tree ceremony but now it's official. The email sent to advertise Grinchmas only says about photo op with the grinch, whoville on the backlot and that they will have a tree, nothing else. If you want snow you can go to Citywalk where it will snow every hour in the afternoon and I think they'll have real snow with Santa....

I started talking around with a few friends and I was pleasantly surprised at how many people actually knew about Grinchmas. Their favorite thing? The snow play area.

It'll be interesting to see the reactions of normal park guests after they see this year's regression. Having said that, CityWalk having snow might be enough to appease the crowds.

I don't get the fascination with snow, but whatever works I guess.

Last edited by a moderator: