Grinchmas 2015 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Grinchmas 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unlike Disney, Universal has sort of dug themselves into a hole with the holiday overlays. At Jingle Cruise they can throw hats on some animals and put up tinsel and lights for decoration. Universal banked on 3D movies which probably cost millions of dollars to produce. It's not as simple as doing some set dressing. While I would love for them to do some overlays, I can't see it making sense for them at the moment. I would love some freshness in the park for the holidays though. Don't get me wrong. Now... Puting some Santa hats on those dinosaurs at Jurassic Park I can see. That would make me laugh for sure. Makes as much sense as Welcome to the Jungle on Halloween, or bushes that spit water on you.
The closest thing to that I saw (and I dont think has been mentioned so far) was when I went on the JP Ride last Friday. The Dilophosaur in the boat has a santa hat awkwardly strapped over the animatronic head. So I guess...christmas?

Yea when I rode JPRA Saturday night (Dec 12th), there was no santa hat on said dino... otherwise I would've gone on JPRA a second time just to get a pic of it. Kind of seems lame for them to throw it on there the week of xmas... but at least they did make a very small effort.

Overall, I wish they'd make more effort to fully decorate the park rather than just certain parts here/there. (always been a complaint for Universal Orlando as well, especially compared to what Sea World does for the holidays)

Pretty disappointed in Grinchmas this year, and that's coming from someone who is a big fan of The event. The performers were amazing as always, the talent that Universal hires is always fantastic. But the scenery, activities, and details were very lackluster compared to even last year. It just wasn't extravagant and a lot of the scenery was very cheap. Its only sad because I KNOW Universal could do so much more. Thank goodness for the world class talent for keeping the event's main redeeming qualities alive. I hope Universal puts more effort back into Grinchmas after Potter opens. If they can create a world class Halloween event, i know they can do the same for Christmas.

I don't understand why they don't just evict SES and put on that Grinchmas show from UOR in there. It's such a huge thing over there.
I've suggested that many times. It'd be a perfect show that would pack the house for every performance, and it's adjacent to Universal Plaza. I'd gladly give up the backlot mini show if it meant a more grand Grinchmas on the upper lot.

As someone who doesn't know that much on how HP will be as big of a success here, it could be the thing that makes Universal move some of their Grinchmas festivities to a place like the Castle Theatre. Its just a guess, but I see the change happening as soon as next year.

I don't understand why they don't just evict SES and put on that Grinchmas show from UOR in there. It's such a huge thing over there.

I've suggested that many times. It'd be a perfect show that would pack the house for every performance, and it's adjacent to Universal Plaza. I'd gladly give up the backlot mini show if it meant a more grand Grinchmas on the upper lot.
Oh man. I've never thought of this and think it's a GREAT idea! Especially since the "Tree Lighting" ceremony is a shell of its former self. The Upper Lot could do with a full-blown Grinchmas show in there. That's probably what I miss most from earlier versions of Grinchmas: the longer Tree Lighting show that used to be in the former Wild Wild Wild West Stunt Show arena. The ceremony that they have now is very short and guests are often wondering, "is that it?" when it's done.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see what, if any changes, come to Grinchmas later this year, after Harry Potter is open.