Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It was interesting to see (from the Monorail) that the floor of the old UoE building has been dug out by like 3-4 feet below grade. I'm not sure if that was just part of removal of the old ride track or installation of the new ride infrastructure.

Reactions: Coasted
It was interesting to see (from the Monorail) that the floor of the old UoE building has been dug out by like 3-4 feet below grade. I'm not sure if that was just part of removal of the old ride track or installation of the new ride infrastructure.

Man, don't mention that on Magic. They had several pages for an argument that nothing was built below grade. Well, one person stating it and others refuting it.

Reactions: Mike S
Possible the “opening date” that’s been rumored is incorrect? Just seems odd that they are this far ahead. I mean, are they going to surround the ride building with rock work or something?

Reactions: Moose84
Possible the “opening date” that’s been rumored is incorrect? Just seems odd that they are this far ahead. I mean, are they going to surround the ride building with rock work or something?
It’s possible that it gets pushed up to 2020, but I wouldn’t count on it. They do seem to be extremely far along for this to be a 2021 opening, though.

I still think they should have tried to get Ratatouille open by the end of this year, and have Guardians be the big push for summer 2020, freeing up TRON to get the spotlight in the year of the 50th in Magic Kingdom.

I still think they should have tried to get Ratatouille open by the end of this year, and have Guardians be the big push for summer 2020, freeing up TRON to get the spotlight in the year of the 50th in Magic Kingdom.

This year has more than enough. Tron and GotG could easily open simultaneously if they so desired, which I think would be a pretty awesome marketing campaign.

Their marketing is going to be nuts for the 50th. They’ll still get to pimp avatar out, Star Wars/hotel, toy story, MMRR, rat and both coasters. Not to mention whatever events and stuff they’ll have. It’s a good time to be a Disney fan... if you can afford it, of course.

This year has more than enough. Tron and GotG could easily open simultaneously if they so desired, which I think would be a pretty awesome marketing campaign.

Their marketing is going to be nuts for the 50th. They’ll still get to pimp avatar out, Star Wars/hotel, toy story, MMRR, rat and both coasters. Not to mention whatever events and stuff they’ll have. It’s a good time to be a Disney fan... if you can afford it, of course.
I think it’s also worth noting that given Shanghai’s opening date and their 5-year exclusivity, we can conclude that Tron can’t open at WDW until after June 16th, 2021.

Reactions: Andysol and Mike S
I just think it's silly that Disney has artificially elongated the construction process of this because of other, fairly arbitrary factors.

Nothing we've heard about the contents of this ride would lead anybody to believe that it should require another 2+ years to finish.

Reactions: SkiBum