Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
USF used to be about ride the movies. Does that mean you want the Simpsons and Fallon to go and have Nintendo not come? Things change. Sometimes for better, sometimes for worse. And the better vs worse is subjective.

Murder She Wrote, Hanna Barbera, and a Nickelodeon TV studio were opening day attractions. You know this is a bad argument.

Reactions: Jones14 and Quint
It just occurred to me that there will be 3 launch coasters in the dark with glowing set pieces to zoom past once Guardians and TRON open.

Isn't that a bit of over-saturation..? Especially with how close to TRON Guardians will open?

So maybe they're not going that route...?

I think they will be different enough that it won't make too much a difference. I mean how many similar screen rides does UOR have?

I can't wait to start a nonsensical thread in 2021 complaining about blacklights. :look:

I was reading the comments about how the two coasters won’t be a problem because they’re in different parks and just can’t get the pages and pages of complaints about how Transformers is just like Spider-Man out of my head for some odd reason.

From Blog Mickey...

Guardians of the Galaxy Attraction at Epcot to be a Roller Coaster - Blog Mickey

This does not inspire confidence to me.

The new Vekoma Flying coaster system coming to Phantasialand is coming to this project.

If they decided to build one of my dream ride ideas, I'd be so pumped. The idea is basically a flying coaster (Maybe 4/6 across with 2 or 3 rows for capacity). The ride starts with a vertical launch so when you're on the ride, it's like you're just sitting in a seat and then after the launch it just becomes your standard flying coaster.

Instead of a launch, they could have something similar to Mission Breakout with the drops and using screens or practical effects. It brings the fun of that ride without an obvious TOT clone plus the coaster after.

If they decided to build one of my dream ride ideas, I'd be so pumped. The idea is basically a flying coaster (Maybe 4/6 across with 2 or 3 rows for capacity). The ride starts with a vertical launch so when you're on the ride, it's like you're just sitting in a seat and then after the launch it just becomes your standard flying coaster.

Instead of a launch, they could have something similar to Mission Breakout with the drops and using screens or practical effects. It brings the fun of that ride without an obvious TOT clone plus the coaster after.

So like Karnan from Hansa Park?

Reactions: Scott W.
Last I heard it’s not flying but I’m not 100% sure. Plus the vekoma “lay down” coasters are hot garbage for restraints.

I am not going to be surprised about that. Although, do we know the exact harnesses that are going to be used for that new Vekoma concept though?

I am not going to be surprised about that. Although, do we know the exact harnesses that are going to be used for that new Vekoma concept though?

I hope they move away from the laydown concept and to something totally new. But yeah, I think this would be way more restrictive than the bike coaster.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Murder She Wrote, Hanna Barbera, and a Nickelodeon TV studio were opening day attractions. You know this is a bad argument.

Take that up with the park. Their marketing, not mine.

11377272_10205606422231173_5479998960552107909_n.jpg

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I like that for a flying coaster launch. I just have trouble believing Disney would do a flying coaster. Those are about the most nausea inducing coasters they make. That just doesn't sound like it would fit the Disney fanbase.

I can't see it either. The idea of Disney even making ToT now is difficult to imagine never mind ToT EXTREME!!!!

Reactions: fryoj

This is an excellent editorial. I'm quoting this post so those who might have missed it can read it. Sums up my feelings quite well.

I think they will be different enough that it won't make too much a difference. I mean how many similar screen rides does UOR have?

Too many!

I was reading the comments about how the two coasters won’t be a problem because they’re in different parks and just can’t get the pages and pages of complaints about how Transformers is just like Spider-Man out of my head for some odd reason.

It's not truly a one-to-one comparison, but rest assured I'll be complaining if they're very similar.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
There is a difference between "marketing" and "mission statement".

And nothing I have heard leads me to believe that this is a flyer. I'm still leaning towards a spinning Mack.

The launched flyer could be in the works for DCA though.

That sounds a little backwards. Guardians, a movie that has jet packs and Captain America, a character who doesn’t fly.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush