Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy - Awesome Mix Live!

images

Here's a video of the first show yesterday. For all intents and purposes it is the exact same show, which given the popularity of it last year, is a smart play. The main singer seems to have a lot more soul than anyone I saw last year in the role.

Here's a video of the first show yesterday. For all intents and purposes it is the exact same show, which given the popularity of it last year, is a smart play.

Given rumored behind-the-scenes issues, not a surprise, but also pretty much confirmation this will be the last great theme park show in Orlando.

That would be a very solid show... in Tomorrowland.

Is it really more out-of-place than a Bee Gees cover band tho?

I mean, this is honestly the first time I'm hearing about a Bee Gees tribute band, but I do think there's a distinction between real musical acts that exist in the world and a show centered around an alien civilization that has no connection to the real world.

I don't think saying this would be a better show for Tomorrowland than for an area dedicated to real cultures is somehow controversial. And I said that, as a show on its own, it's solid.

I mean, this is honestly the first time I'm hearing about a Bee Gees tribute band, but I do think there's a distinction between real musical acts that exist in the world and a show centered around an alien civilization that has no connection to the real world.

I don't think saying this would be a better show for Tomorrowland than for an area dedicated to real cultures is somehow controversial. And I said that, as a show on its own, it's solid.
The reason tribute bands were brought up was because for their summer concert series, they used to just bring in a bunch of tribute bands for popular bands. I don't disagree that it would fit Tomorrowland, but it's not there. Clearly Disney wants Epcot to be where the Marvel stuff is and whether it fits or not is almost irrelevant to the conversation due to that.

I understand your issue with it in WS, but if it has to be there, at least the show is good.

Given rumored behind-the-scenes issues, not a surprise, but also pretty much confirmation this will be the last great theme park show in Orlando.
Why do you say that? That's a pretty big statement.

The reason tribute bands were brought up was because for their summer concert series, they used to just bring in a bunch of tribute bands for popular bands. I don't disagree that it would fit Tomorrowland, but it's not there. Clearly Disney wants Epcot to be where the Marvel stuff is and whether it fits or not is almost irrelevant to the conversation due to that.

I understand your issue with it in WS, but if it has to be there, at least the show is good.

I get it. And as I've said before, I would be much more forgiving if Disney would finally explain what they want the new "theme" of Epcot to be, beyond their "More timeless, relevant, family, Disney" line. What is this park? And what makes it different from just an overflow area for attractions Disney doesn't want to put in the other three parks?

I just want somebody in the company to articulate a coherent thematic concept.

Here's a video of the first show yesterday. For all intents and purposes it is the exact same show, which given the popularity of it last year, is a smart play. The main singer seems to have a lot more soul than anyone I saw last year in the role.

It's pretty much the exact same cast as last year. The male lead singer in the video is hands down the best.

When people ask why Epcot is by far my least favorite Disney park, its cause of crap like this. Sigh, wish I grew up during the golden age of Epcot.

I think Disney really wants to condition guests to associate the Guardians with Epcot in advance of Cosmic Rewind opening.
Oh I understand this is the case but idk, until Disney proves me wrong I just wish Universal had all the theme park rights to Marvel, AND, the MCU. This is just disappointing to me and I absolutely love the Guardians. Im glad people are enjoying the show however.