Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the decision to take out Dragons was purely from an aesthetic point of view...If you think about it, no matter how classic, DD was an eyesore in the HP universe...It made sense at the beginning when IOA had the full LC area...

I say, if you think Universal has lost its edge, consider that they completely re tracked Hulk rather than taking it down...I think that means something
Plus DC was falling apart & required daily expensive maintenance. It needed a complete rebuild. Made sense to put a brand new different better themed attraction in there to replace it, and ridership wasn't anywhere near where it was when it dueled.

Reactions: Alicia
^I would have much preferred that. They could have easily dueled it again with the metal detectors IMO.

Maybe I've been reading too much TPR, but yeah.

EDIT (to stay on topic): Even though I understand why they didn't do it this way, what I personally would have done is re-theme RNRC to GOTG, and have Tron go where GOTG is actually going.

More than anything I just really want an Cranium Command-style Inside Out show in the Imagination theatre!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
Except MB basically cost pennies to convert whereas the Epcot ride is going to cost over $300M. Somehow.

Tron too.
Seems like they should be able to do so much more than one not overly special attraction (Guardians) for so much money. The Imagineering costs are so off kilter.

Reactions: belloq87
This might be somewhat of a controversial post, but Disney building family coasters sits better with me than Universal replacing a more teen/adult oriented pair of coasters with a family coaster. The reason being, I just see Universal as better off being the yin to Disney's yang. To me, you can't beat Disney at its own game, and I see Uni tearing down Dragons and replacing it with a family coaster as them trying to do just that. The thing that got me into Uni in the first place was the fact that they were an edgier, adult-oriented contrast to Disney. And I'd love to see them stay that way.

Again, JMO.

Totally agree, I’ve argued this point in the potter thread a few times.

While I'm fine with GOTG at Epcot, it just bothers me a little that the park's only three "thrill" rides are literally right next to each other. Maybe it's part of Epcot's overhaul? Have one side of Future World, or whatever they are thinking of calling it, a thrill side and the other side being family?

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Probably the best aerial view of the cleared site we've gotten so far (via ORLParkPass). As Joe pointed out above, most of the clearing is for the new retaining ponds.

DT7MKuAX0AE-2KU.jpg

As a reminder, here's what the permits show:
energyplan1-jpg.5616

Last edited:
The Guardians of the Galaxy Take the Stage at Epcot – StarLord, and Gamora from “The Guardians of the Galaxy” will join an alien band, taking guests on a journey through the cosmos. The party will feature hits from Awesome Mix Tapes 1 and 2 – fun and favorite tunes from the two movies’ soundtracks – building the anticipation for a new Epcot Guardians of the Galaxy attraction.

Walt Disney World Resort’s ‘Incredible Summer’ Will Bring New Experiences to All Four Parks | Disney Parks Blog

So are we still going to pretend this thing fits in Epcot?

70s/80s cover bands are a Summer staple at EPCOT. Real question is do they get a dedicated food booth/drink stand.
There's been talk of wanting to do a Summer festival for some time now. I truly believe that by the time this ride opens, the park is going to be just one giant festival year round. I think a lot of people take issue with that in the wrong way though (some just don't like that they exist). I think the Festivals actually fit the theme of Epcot as a permanent World's Fair. What I take issue with is them using festivals to make boatloads while not investing much in the park.