Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think even if it is just a better version of The Mummy or Space Mountain it still is a BETTER version of them.

I think the problem is our expectations are too high. If you expect it to just be better than what we have, then I don’t see how anyone wouldn’t enjoy.
I'm looking forward to all the forward facing sections haha...The backwards launch is the only gripe I have thus far

Reactions: SukaVayne73
I think even if it is just a better version of The Mummy or Space Mountain it still is a BETTER version of them.

I think the problem is our expectations are too high. If you expect it to just be better than what we have, then I don’t see how anyone wouldn’t enjoy.

How do you put Mummy and Space Mountain in the same sentence?

As for expectations. I expect a HUGE coaster experience. The building is MASSIVE. If it is just a super sized version of Hollywood Dream (I haven't ridden, but it sounds similar), I just don't know if that will wow Americans.

I am tired of Disney thinking they can just do a huge "storytelling" queue, a drawn out preshows(s), then slap on a lightly themed ride at the end.

Reactions: Mad Dog
How do you put Mummy and Space Mountain in the same sentence?

As for expectations. I expect a HUGE coaster experience. The building is MASSIVE. If it is just a super sized version of Hollywood Dream (I haven't ridden, but it sounds similar), I just don't know if that will wow Americans.

I am tired of Disney thinking they can just do a huge "storytelling" queue, a drawn out preshows(s), then slap on a lightly themed ride at the end.
Because those are two coasters it’s been compared to in this thread. I’d say a better comparison is to Gringotts to be honest.

Because those are two coasters it’s been compared to in this thread. I’d say a better comparison is to Gringotts to be honest.

ONly if it has actual screens of the Guardians. If it's another coaster in a black box, just bigger than Tron, it is proof Disney has really lost it's mojo, with anything but dark rides. And that is only if MMRR and RotR are actually home runs.

Reactions: tielo
ONly if it has actual screens of the Guardians. If it's another coaster in a black box, just bigger than Tron, it is proof Disney has really lost it's mojo, with anything but dark rides. And that is only if MMRR and RotR are actually home runs.
I'm going to potentially get hate on this....But I feel screens are the best application for a fast moving launch coaster

Reactions: Mad Dog
Depends on what you're trying to do.
In this instance I'm assuming they are not trying to tell any sort of story that requires show scenes like Mummy or Gringotts

Rather, it is a cooky zip through outerspace with some goofy quotes from the cast.

Personally, I'm expecting something like RnRC, ironically

Therefore, screens would work best for this application...Unless it is trying to seriously rely on some kind of narrative requiring show scenes...I don't think this is the case..Although I could be wrong

Reactions: jrn14
In this instance I'm assuming they are not trying to tell any sort of story that requires show scenes like Mummy or Gringotts

Rather, it is a cooky zip through outerspace with some goofy quotes from the cast.

Personally, I'm expecting something like RnRC, ironically

Therefore, screens would work best for this application...Unless it is trying to seriously rely on some kind of narrative requiring show scenes...I don't think this is the case..Although I could be wrong

Im definitely expecting more than that. I think Disney building two coasters in basically black boxes as part of their 50th anniversary is absolutely just phoning it in.

I also have to wonder about the future of of Space Mountain. My guess is their are plans for a serious redo of SM after the 50th. Once TRON opens, it is going to be a fallback FP+ option, and nothing more. It will sort of be the second class Tomorrowland coaster that those not staying on site have to settle for as the rich kids get to ride Tron, the others will cry to their parents as they go in to the tired Space Mountain building.

Reactions: Andysol
I also have to wonder about the future of of Space Mountain. My guess is their are plans for a serious redo of SM after the 50th. Once TRON opens, it is going to be a fallback FP+ option, and nothing more. It will sort of be the second class Tomorrowland coaster that those not staying on site have to settle for as the rich kids get to ride Tron, the others will cry to their parents as they go in to the tired Space Mountain building.
This seems like a bit overkill. It is a beloved Disney ride. That’s not going to change when another ride opens.

This seems like a bit overkill. It is a beloved Disney ride. That’s not going to change when another ride opens.

Something will happen. Even if it’s a track replacement like Disneyland.

As coaster tech has improved, old rides just can’t hold up. When Vortex opened at Kings Island 33 years ago, it was state of the art coaster tech. Now, it’s old, unpopular, and has just days left before being torn down. Would I love to get a last ride on it? Sure. But it’s replacemet will likely be MUCH better.

Space Mountain has a line only because MK doesn’t have enough rides. And even now, it’s a very easy FP to get day of.

Disney is soon to have 4 coasters in a box with extremely minimal theming. The oldest one needs an upgrade. Universal is destroying Disney with themed coasters.

Im definitely expecting more than that. I think Disney building two coasters in basically black boxes as part of their 50th anniversary is absolutely just phoning it in.

They aren't just in black boxes, they will have projection :lmao:

I understand your point, but I'm expecting some screens, fast launches, and 80's tunes

Considering how Marvel has been treated at the parks, I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking

Something will happen. Even if it’s a track replacement like Disneyland.

As coaster tech has improved, old rides just can’t hold up. When Vortex opened at Kings Island 33 years ago, it was state of the art coaster tech. Now, it’s old, unpopular, and has just days left before being torn down. Would I love to get a last ride on it? Sure. But it’s replacemet will likely be MUCH better.

Space Mountain has a line only because MK doesn’t have enough rides. And even now, it’s a very easy FP to get day of.

Disney is soon to have 4 coasters in a box with extremely minimal theming. The oldest one needs an upgrade. Universal is destroying Disney with themed coasters.
I didn’t say I didn’t think they won’t upgrade it. I just don’t think it’s going to be a ghost town after Tron opens.

And Magic Kingdom could always use more capacity, but it already has the most rides of any park in Central Florida.

People like Space Mountain. They like the thrill of not knowing where they’re going in the dark. It’s a fun ride. A classic ride. Add more rides to MK, people will still like it.

Sorry, back to Guardians.

They aren't just in black boxes, they will have projection :lmao:

I understand your point, but I'm expecting some screens, fast launches, and 80's tunes

Considering how Marvel has been treated at the parks, I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking

I can pretty much guarantee there won’t be any 80s tunes.

I didn’t say I didn’t think they won’t upgrade it. I just don’t think it’s going to be a ghost town after Tron opens.

And Magic Kingdom could always use more capacity, but it already has the most rides of any park in Central Florida.

People like Space Mountain. They like the thrill of not knowing where they’re going in the dark. It’s a fun ride. A classic ride. Add more rides to MK, people will still like it.

Sorry, back to Guardians.

MK also has the most attendance. It certainly needs MORE capacity, desperately, as it hasn’t added much at all for 20 years, while attendance went up 50%+. Tron will be spitting in the ocean. A new, higher capacity, Space Mountain would be huge, and very few would care the old one was removed, if done right.

I though there were already rumors that the track was needing a major overhaul, if not replacement.

The Mix Tapes are 60s and 70s tunes. They are Star Lord's MOTHERs favorite tunes.

Ratso that’s blatantly false. Space Mt. is consistently one of the harder FPS to get.

I can get some for TOMORROW right now. Peter Pan, Seven Dwarfs, and Big Thunder are the hardest.

But of course, FP+ is itself the problem that makes FP+'s hard to get.

Does SM have track that crosses over or is each side it’s own thing?

They are definitely intertwined.

Reactions: Scott W.