Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel like this is gonna end up like Frozen at Epcot. It didn't belong and was a push by the executives, but at the end people found it ok and not as bad as they thought it would have been.

I suppose there's always a chance in a few years when Disney has blown their Marvel wad, Iger is long gone, and the new land has been open for a couple of years, they'll change the theme back to Tower of Terror. Maybe sans Twilight Zone, I could see them doing something of a hybrid between the original and the Tokyo version.

Mice Chat has a new photo display of it today, just about completely unveiled. It sure is garish. I guess you need to be a fan of that look. I imagine some people will like it, but it's not my cup of tea. It's sure going to dominate the skyline, good or bad.

Mice Chat posted a large new photo display on the Tower. Just an observation, but that back corner of DCA where Hyperion Theater and the Tower resides has to be one of the ugliest, poorly themed areas of any Theme Park. Gawd, that section of the park is a visual disaster. So much for immersive theme. Heck, Six Flags would be ashamed of that area. :lol:

Mice Chat posted a large new photo display on the Tower. Just an observation, but that back corner of DCA where Hyperion Theater and the Tower resides has to be one of the ugliest, poorly themed areas of any Theme Park. Gawd, that section of the park is a visual disaster. So much for immersive theme. Heck, Six Flags would be ashamed of that area. :lol:

Thanks for the tip John.

source: MiceChat - Disneyland Resort, Features - Disney California Adventure Update - Tower of Broken Dreams

IMG_3144.jpg

legitimately looks like one of the imagineers grabbed their old satellite dish from out back and spray painted it blue.
IMG_3150.jpg

wonder if those are lights that will blind you when the doors open, maybe a flash?, maybe air cannons/water?
IMG_3159.jpg

blast hole
IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3168.jpg

Thanks for the tip John.

source: MiceChat - Disneyland Resort, Features - Disney California Adventure Update - Tower of Broken Dreams

View attachment 4038

legitimately looks like one of the imagineers grabbed their old satellite dish from out back and spray painted it blue.
View attachment 4039

wonder if those are lights that will blind you when the doors open, maybe a flash?, maybe air cannons/water?
View attachment 4040

blast hole
View attachment 4041

View attachment 4042
You're welcome Joel.

Reactions: Joel
I was actually at DCA about a week or two ago ( passholder) while I am not happy with losing Tower. Pictures don't really do this justice. While I am in firm agreement that this is a hastily thrown together overlay that Tower of Terror ended up pulling the short stick on. I did stand across from it for about 20 minutes just soaking in all the details ( and there are a lot that just don't translate through photographs.) While I will mourn Tower like everyone else and will for some time I am quite excited for Guardians of the Twilight Zone: Mission Terror.

Reactions: 12th Man