Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 238 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the video posted by @AliciaStella , this sounds really great! The lack of Dragon Challenge in the park leaves a big void this year. But next year and the year after with the JP coaster, IOA is going to be without a doubt best theme park on the planet (if it’s not already, which I think it is)

In Orlando, yes. But I agree that Disneyland is still best anywhere.

In Orlando, yes. But I agree that Disneyland is still best anywhere.

I’ve never been to Disneyland so I can’t say it is or isn’t. But with it adding Star Wars, I think you can make a case. Really want to go there one day

The one thing that doesn’t make IOA the clear runaway favorite is probably the water rides. I only come down in the summer so it’s always a good time for them. But I can’t imagine what it’s like in the colder months. That’s a good chunk of the park that would have to be skipped over

To keep this on topic, I feel like this will finally make Hogsmeade a complete area. It always didn’t feel right with it just having Dueling Dragons renamed. Now it’ll finally have its own unique attraction. I loved the ride but I feel like this was a long time coming

Reactions: Magistra and Mike S
I watched the video posted by @AliciaStella , this sounds really great! The lack of Dragon Challenge in the park leaves a big void this year. But next year and the year after with the JP coaster, IOA is going to be without a doubt best theme park on the planet (if it’s not already, which I think it is)

Ehh, I love IOA, but it still needs more indoor, relaxing rides before it can be considered world’s best. And a full nighttime show would help too.

I'm really happy with the whole loading and two drop tracks thingies. I salute a theme park that takes their guest experience serious. I have the feeling Disney is building photo genetic rides that purposely have low capacity to up sell "solutions" instead of investing in high capacity rides.

Almost all forthcoming Disney rides have similar duplications (or quadrupled). Only major exception is Slinky, but really the other 8 have dual loads, elevators, show scenes, etc.

The problem is in the Orlando market sometimes duplication isn't enough. Occasionally quadrupled isn't even enough.

Bio put up some really nice aerials of the coaster. Fair amount of track has been added and starting to see the layout as described by Alicia..

Never mind. I'm a day late on posting this. Still, the aerials really show the beginnings of an interesting layout. The last brake run is fairly elevated as well.

Has anyone mentioned what the ride capacity may be? I’ve only looked at the last few pages which got me wondering what the guest turnover would be?

I'm not going to even pretend to know anything about construction but it does seem like the drop building had a foundation before the supports and track went in, the first circle building has no foundation yet. How do they go about building that?

Status
Not open for further replies.