Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which, if it's a singular RV, is why I imagine the Anglia to be more likely than the motorcycle or threstral ideas. I'm picturing an RV similar to the size of Mummy and Gringotts if they go the Anglia route though. It'd be the only way to have it make sense imo.

The SFX coaster previews have cars with 4 people in the front row and 5 in the back row. Don't know if that's the biggest it can get, but that's what they show off.

EDIT: Never mind. Dynamic has a pic of a cart with 18 riders on its site

SFX Coaster |

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S and Nick
someone mentioned a spell allowing people to see them, however seeing something hideous and scary doesn't fit the family friendly that people been stating Universal needs.

We've seen them in the movies. They're skeletal and weird but no scarier than a dragon or spider. Plus the babies are kind of cute. I'm not saying we'd have full-blown thestrals pulling our carts, just that a glimpse of one explained as a side effect of some spell would be cool.

Adding scary creatures like dragons, dinosaurs, spiders and thestrals are one way to make a family ride or attraction more thrilling without making it a level 5 thrill ride. Raptor encounter is the very definition of a family attraction, even though that thing is kind of scary to some of the smaller tykes. And the Gringotts dragon is one of the most beloved facets of Diagon Alley in spite of its terrifying appearance.

In fact, when Diagon Alley was being built, there was a lot of discussion here about how the dragon didn't belong because of its association with some of the darkest parts of the Harry Potter series. But when Diagon Alley opened, it immediately became a crowd favorite. I guess guests are able to compartmentalize the murder and mayhem that was occurring in the 7th book and view the dragon as simply another magical creature roosting on the roof of Gringotts. And they'll do the same thing with any dark creature present in the Forbidden Forest if it's introduced as part of a "family" attraction.

Reactions: JMalez and Andysol
What I meant by 'been there done that' with Star Wars is that we've already seen Star Wars attractions...and while the land may be great, the only reason it's happening is because of Potter's success. Building a land with two rides is great and all, and I'm sure the general public will eat it up, but they're going to have to do something super amazing to get my attention. Falcon is a simulator....Star Tours version 3 as far as I'm concerned. The battle escape ride MAY be the good one. We'll see.

I am kind of excited for Nintendo. That's going to be different at least. Maybe this new Potter ride will be a next level wow too...I just don't know.

I dunno...maybe I'm just getting old and jaded and it takes a lot more to wow me nowadays.

Reactions: Obi Ubamba
What I meant by 'been there done that' with Star Wars is that we've already seen Star Wars attractions...and while the land may be great, the only reason it's happening is because of Potter's success. Building a land with two rides is great and all, and I'm sure the general public will eat it up, but they're going to have to do something super amazing to get my attention. Falcon is a simulator....Star Tours version 3 as far as I'm concerned. The battle escape ride MAY be the good one. We'll see.
The general public will eat up F&F. SW:GE will be a smash hit across the board.

I am kind of excited for Nintendo. That's going to be different at least. Maybe this new Potter ride will be a next level wow too...I just don't know.

I dunno...maybe I'm just getting old and jaded and it takes a lot more to wow me nowadays.
Remember how well "Flight of Passage is just Soarin' 2.0" went?

I raise my hand in favor of Thestral and Thestral Carriages. They can take us anywhere, from the Forbidden Forest to London. We have never seen them do interiors however.

I wonder if they do windows...

Do you mean windows on the RVs? I would assume if the RVs are thestral carriages, they'll be based on the open-air version from the movies. I love this idea, btw. It fits perfectly into the IP.

HE_thestral.jpg

Reactions: Magistra
Maybe a death eater can avada kedvra someone during the ride. That way we can see the thestrals maybe towards the end of the ride.
Obviously kidding but I'll be bummed if we don't get to see a skeletal winged horse AA. Grawp, The centaurs, unicorns, trolls, werewolves....so many creatures in the source material we havent really seen in the parks yet

Do you mean windows on the RVs?

That was a joke based on the old TV house maid line that, "I will take care of everything, but I don't do windows!"

Yeah, I think Thestrals would have the fans coming out in droves, more-so than the car or motorcycle. The mention of Thestrals will startle the imagination.

Now watch UC come up with flying pumpkins or blast-ended skrewts ride vehicles.

I like the idea of multiple ride vehicles but sounds like an operation nightmare as people want to pick and choose what they ride.

No. It's so much better that I can't see Soarin' the same way again. Like how after visiting a park like Disney or Universal would make a local of Six Flags feel.
I think Soarin is great and a 2.0 version is not an insult in the slightest...I think it improved on it in every way possible..Anyway, not the topic for it

No. It's so much better that I can't see Soarin' the same way again. Like how after visiting a park like Disney or Universal would make a local of Six Flags feel.
My exact thoughts when I first rode the ride. One of my first comments was "Soarin' is like Dumbo compared to that".

Reactions: Jones14 and Mike S
This would end up being a cluster but thatd be fun to have an Attraction vs. Attraction thread

Yeah well I wasn't anywhere near as impressed as everyone else seems to be. It was good, but definitely not Disney's best work. Forbidden Journey is still above that one.
The only thing Disney has arguably done better in FL is ToT. Personally, I have FoP, Gringotts and ToT in a three way tie for third best in Orlando behind Spidey and FJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.