Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 337 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant tell if this thing is progressing more rapidly than other projects or if it just seems that way because I cant check this site everyday. Either way im excited. Where is that concept art? I want to know whats going on in the queue!

Reactions: Ryno27
I cant tell if this thing is progressing more rapidly than other projects or if it just seems that way because I cant check this site everyday. Either way im excited. Where is that concept art? I want to know whats going on in the queue!

There is no concept art. With the way Universal's been doing it lately, the construction photos will be more close to finished before we have the art.

I was thinking they could replace Dreamworks Theater/WaterWorld with this then did a size comparison and it's still larger than that area.

Yeah, to put it simply..it's not possible for there.

My guess, if they were..it wouldn't be to the right side of Hogsmeade for them: but being a bit more..thematically consistent with placement of a few things.

I have ambiguous feelings when I see all these images. Don't get me wrong, I believe that Bio does a fantastic job bringing all these images to us (I'm grateful for it) but sometimes I miss the concept art. I mean we're practically seeing the final product and we end up losing that magical look and fell that the concept art brings to us.

I have ambiguous feelings when I see all these images. Don't get me wrong, I believe that Bio does a fantastic job bringing all these images to us (I'm grateful for it) but sometimes I miss the concept art. I mean we're practically seeing the final product and we end up losing that magical look and fell that the concept art brings to us.
I think Uni doesn’t like getting people hype anymore ever since the F&F negative reception.

Reactions: WowFactor

One issue is that the coaster part is the easiest part to build. Dig footers, install supports, install track. After that, just the LSM's (or LIM's as I can't remember which one this ride will have) and brakes. Pouring concreate, sculpting it, and installing the pretty stuff (ex. AA, screens, placesetting) takes far longer. Even redesigning the queue and doing a new overlay of the castle will take a decent amount of time.

I get where you coming from and I don't disagree but I rather have this then the disappointment that Disney every time seems to deliver with huge downgrades in visual fidelity (Toy Story Land) or over promising (Avatar Land). I expect Galaxy Edge will also disappoint me with all the aliens in the cantina and the promises of impact in the world connected to how you do in the rides.

Reactions: WowFactor
Status
Not open for further replies.