Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 514 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they going to try and squeeze a gift shop somewhere in here or just allow Hogsmede to be the "shopping location"

I think I answered my own question...

But I'd really like some new merch with this ride

Reactions: natespf
But I'd really like some new merch with this ride

I'd like to see some merch that actually has the name of the attraction on it. I think Rowling must not want any attraction-specific product (to preserve "immersion," perhaps), because I've looked for "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" and "Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts" pins on all of my recent trips, and I've never encountered any.

I would guess that Tron's price tag includes all the other work required with relocating the canal, expanding the pond, building the retaining wall in front of the park for the berm/railroad tracks, rebuilding the railroad tracks, etc, etc, etc. There is a lot of prep work going into making this happen. Of course it will still run over budget and they'll have to cut a bunch of the bells and whistles anyway (like the upgrade to the raceway they had planned originally).

There are no bells and whistles to Tron. I was really hoping this would be a fully Plussed E ticket Tron, not just Shanghai's coaster in a neon box again. Still hoping...

I'd like to see some merch that actually has the name of the attraction on it. I think Rowling must not want any attraction-specific product (to preserve "immersion," perhaps), because I've looked for "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" and "Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts" pins on all of my recent trips, and I've never encountered any.
My only thought is that this is technically the first real expansion on either land that doesn't star Harry Potter and therefore should have its own merch

I just want a mug....and an IOA mug

I could see the Ollivanders in Hogsmeade leave. There are 2 left in Diagon Alley add the carts to it and that location could potentially have additional stuff related to the Hagrid coaster ride.
Why there isn't the Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop is beyond me, I love to have a high tea in the park.

WOW! The train looks awesome. Super detailed, and actually looks like a real motorcycle. Looks way better then I was picturing in my head.

I still think a short"stop" on the Spike, would have been more fun, but I can see why it's not feasible. The track will need to switch quickly though.

The curve is going at a decent speed and tilt.

This ride is gonna be fun...

I just want to add..this is why you don't wait until the last minute to unveil your rides. Eventually this stuff leaks out without the way you want to present it to the public. This shouldn't be the first time we are seeing the coaster train in "real life"...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.