Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 559 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if this has been answered but will some sort of flame effect come from the back of the coaster?

I feel like this is way more interesting than Everest

Maybe, but the climb up the mountain followed by the backwards spiral down in pitch black is still a great thrill. As someone else said, this won't have any "major" drops, which is a little disappointing, but I think the overall speed around corners will make up for it.

PS - Im lucky/old enough to remember what the Yeti was like when it was moving, and it was pretty incredible. Sigh...

There really are a ton of oddly placed maintenance buildings littered all over the length of this ride. Will be interesting to see the final product. It looking like there are a few tight areas where its going to be tough to really hide everything.

I'm not sure a possible soft opening has anything to do with this, but I just checked the room (King Suite) I previously booked at Royal Pacific for mid to late May, and the Stay More Save More rate for 7 nights went up $157 a night, which over 7 nights translates to costing an additional $1,099. That's a tremendous jump in price. I booked this room back in January and I'm damn glad I did. Like Wow.

I'm not sure a possible soft opening has anything to do with this, but I just checked the room (King Suite) I previously booked at Royal Pacific for mid to late May, and the Stay More Save More rate for 7 nights went up $157 a night, which over 7 nights translates to costing an additional $1,099. That's a tremendous jump in price. I booked this room back in January and I'm damn glad I did. Like Wow.
Could that have more to do with supply and demand? You booked it relatively far out. Kind of like booking a flight at the last minute? There might be very few rooms left and still plenty of demand. Just a thought. :grin:

Reactions: HPFred
Could that have more to do with supply and demand? You booked it relatively far out. Kind of like booking a flight at the last minute? There might be very few rooms left and still plenty of demand. Just a thought. :grin:
Actually, all of RP's rooms had a pretty large price increase for that period, which is usually listed as a non peak, non holiday, period. These are peak season prices though. In the past I've checked this out for my reservations and the room prices generally stayed the same, even though I booked some months ahead. Of course, as you said, it could be anything, maybe even a late scheduled business convention.(Also, keeping in mind that all room classifications are still available, and Universal states that their resorts are on average booked 90% plus, so it will ultimately fill up). But coupled with the unprecedented longer May hours for both parks, it seems those are possible indications that they plan to open this attraction before it's official date, as long as there's no issues popping up.

Last edited:
Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Would it make sense for room rates to jump that much when they probably arent running Express for this at opening? Especially at soft opening.

Really hoping Express is up and running by December for this though. Staying at the Royal Pacific for a night on a stopover and expecting wait times to still be pretty heavy for this.

Would it make sense for room rates to jump that much when they probably arent running Express for this at opening? Especially at soft opening.

Really hoping Express is up and running by December for this though. Staying at the Royal Pacific for a night on a stopover and expecting wait times to still be pretty heavy for this.
Express would actually make things worse for the first couple of months

I'm not sure it affects room rates too much as they are still selling express during that time

Express would actually make things worse for the first couple of months

Agreed, Im not really sure on the usual protocol for Express but id be surprised if you can use Express on this before the end of the summer season. Although id imagine there'll be a few annoyed families staying in the deluxe's when they realise thats the case.

Before Kong, Universal was slow to institute Express (RRR & FJ took real long and Gringotts was a couple of years). But with Kong, Fallon, and F&F they've opened them to Express within days of their openings. So, it will be interesting to see how this plays out with Hagrid. Will they go with recent Express decisions of near immediate Express, or will they return to their old way of taking a long time to install Express?

Last edited:

I don’t think they know when it’ll soft open, if at all. And I don’t think the hotel staff or the computer software would either. But if I was a computer program adjusting rates based on bookings and saw several suites book for that time frame for let’s say an opening event then I would raise other suite rates too.

I don’t think they know when it’ll soft open, if at all. And I don’t think the hotel staff or the computer software would either. But if I was a computer program adjusting rates based on bookings and saw several suites book for that time frame for let’s say an opening event then I would raise other suite rates too.
they raised all the RP room rates though, it appears. It just seems peculiar since I've never seen them do that before. Rooms are still available. Expectations for something, maybe some kind of business event instead, who knows, but it is interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Status
Not open for further replies.