Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 667 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bet? Not that bad on a Thursday. Weekend will get messy as locals go.

I think word of mouth will drive the draw on this significantly more than marketing. I think once everyone realizes how incredible of an attraction it is, it will become the “must” first ride for all locals as well as tourist who did a second of research prior to going.

Think FoP levels with no Toy Story or Galaxys edge to pull some of the appeal off. Obviously FoP has the benefit of a much larger attendance pool; but even with that bigger pool I expect that level of madness for a while.

Reactions: Dhdhddh and Mad Dog
I've seen pics of the Bat(current, not former) with sections of the track rails cut out. I know of other coasters that it's happened on as well. While that is an older Arrow coaster, they used to bend these pipes in the field to build coasters. Just because they use computers to design them now doesn't mean they forgot how to do field repairs. And the weld does not have to be perfect. You just have to have the steel perfectly aligned when you weld it. That's not that hard. Even if you do a perfect weld, you would have to go back and grind it flat for wheel to pass over with minimal disturbance. I'd say the reason most people are unaware of these type of repairs, is it's typically an off season type repair, and no one is around to see it.

So, as I said, it's not something done overnight. It's not normal (you cite one example of a low tech track ride where track accuracy is not all that important, and the original track was of mediocre quality. I've seen pics recently of a coaster that received a few feet of replacement. Can't remember which one, but it wasn't an overnight secret job.

And a perfect weld doesn't just mean a code stamp quality weld, but a weld that puts the new track in the exact location in space. You can grind all day, but if the new track was rotated a bit when welded in place, it will create a new problem.

And there ain't no way Universal was creating new track pieces for a B&M invert, unless it was the brake run or station. Modern track is bent by INSANELY expensive machines. Not a portable pipe bender and a couple of maintenance guys.

So, as I said, it's not something done overnight. It's not normal (you cite one example of a low tech track ride where track accuracy is not all that important, and the original track was of mediocre quality. I've seen pics recently of a coaster that received a few feet of replacement. Can't remember which one, but it wasn't an overnight secret job.

And a perfect weld doesn't just mean a code stamp quality weld, but a weld that puts the new track in the exact location in space. You can grind all day, but if the new track was rotated a bit when welded in place, it will create a new problem.

And there ain't no way Universal was creating new track pieces for a B&M invert, unless it was the brake run or station. Modern track is bent by INSANELY expensive machines. Not a portable pipe bender and a couple of maintenance guys.

Y’all need to take this to your DMs. Lol

What is more possible/smart:

Wait for the Island to open at 9am and run to Hagrid or be at USF at 8am and wait til Hogwarts Express it’s open, so I can go to Hagrid?

Crazy insane rain rates tonight, but still nothing at Hagrids.
D8VfMQeU8AEbaya.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.