Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 510 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A certain DL fanboy on twitter had the nerve to compare this to Slinky Dog Dash and I’m like dude seriously get your facts straight. It really pissed me off yesterday that he really was coming off kind of like a jerk talking about he hit a nerve with some people. Only thing the rides have in common is that their both family friendly and that’s it. :thud:

DizNoids being Diznoids.

Needs about 75% more trees and cowbell.

giphy.gif

Watching the Aerial made me realize how complete this ride is already. They do need to add a lot more trees though. You are actually much higher off the ground than I was expecting.

Exactly what I thought! From previous top view aerials and previous side views from Hogsmeade, I not realise (a) so much of the track is elevated nor (b) that so much open air all around the track ... the views across to the Abbey etc will be epic!

Aren’t Motor cycles typically loud though? Maybe the on board audio will have a motorcycle engine sound ?

If anything the only audio that should be OBA is dialogue and music. They could do what Cars Land does and have speakers embedded into the planters so that it sounds like cars (motorbikes in this case) are vrooming by each time a ride vehicle passes.

I can't imagine it will be more than Everest, inflation adjusted. Remember, they built two completely different foundations, one for the mountain, and one for the Yeti!
Inflation adjusted, you're probably correct. Plus....especially since Imagineers costs are probably 2 to 3 times what UC pays for the same work. And...kind of apples to oranges whenever comparing Disney high costs to Universals' seeking value in construction philosophy..

So they say grand opening is June 13..... am I safe to book a trip for that weekend? Like we’re really expecting it to open on the 13th. I’ve never been to a ride opening. Expect hella crowds right?

So they say grand opening is June 13..... am I safe to book a trip for that weekend? Like we’re really expecting it to open on the 13th. I’ve never been to a ride opening. Expect hella crowds right?

You should be fine but nothing is guaranteed and it is Intamin.

Having said that, it sounds like ride testing is now in full swing and the coaster part is probably the thing most likely to go wrong. For Universal to make the announcement with an opening day, early tests must be promising and performing like they want.

The final AAs are getting installed and then it's more testing and landscaping.

Overall, things are looking good and Unviersal don't want a repeat of Gringotts. If I was to give a percentage? 99%+ chance it will be up and running for opening day.

Fighting the crowds though is all on you.

You should be fine but nothing is guaranteed and it is Intamin.

Having said that, it sounds like ride testing is now in full swing and the coaster part is probably the thing most likely to go wrong. For Universal to make the announcement with an opening day, early tests must be promising and performing like they want.

The final AAs are getting installed and then it's more testing and landscaping.

Overall, things are looking good and Unviersal don't want a repeat of Gringotts. If I was to give a percentage? 99%+ chance it will be up and running for opening day.

Fighting the crowds though is all on you.

The line might be five hours, but I’m guessing it’ll be open when say it will.

After this past horror nights I ain’t afraid of no crowds. Thanks for the insight!!!!

It doesn't really matter but just out of curiosity. I watched the Theme Park History video about Everest:

Obviously this is a way more complex coaster with multiple launches, moving platforms, reverse section, a switchtrack and a drop plus multiple AAs but Everest does have a giant mountain with Disney priced rockwork.

If I had to guess, the actual coaster itself in comparison to Everest is more expensive. That’s factoring in the track length and multiple launches, and launches increase the price of a coaster. I’m not sure about Everest’s mountain itself though. Considering its size, it’s probably still more expensive overall than Hagrid.

You better be ******* kidding me:clap:There's no way. This is a major coincidence or sh** just got deep lolol!

That's brilliant marketing, holy poop.

Damn. That's a great find by @RevFreako .....definitely has to be a Universal plan behind this....Could make for an excellent Media scene featuring Hagrid and whoever else they deem to use for a Grand Opening Media Event. :thumbsup: Kudos to the RevFreako :cheers:

If that was intentional, props to Universal's marketing and everyone for wanting to pull this off.

Just to be clear @RevFreako retweeted a post by @Schmoofy that was the find

Your good, this is Potter we’re talking about. No way Universal announces an opening date without being 100% confident in that date. Diagon Alley more specifically Gringotts made them think that whole process through again. If I was you I’d go ahead and book it.

Status
Not open for further replies.