Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 159 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
DUUUUUUDE that'd be really freakin' cool, actually.
It'd be so creepy if at the end of the night they're lined up throughout the park all the way to the exit holding hands, and like the chainsaw chase out, when music goes off, they all attack at once and go back to holding hands.

It really does fit perfectly. Would make for a great opening ceremony as well.

Imagine being the scareactor who has to start the chain. He's just there at the entrance at opening with his arms out, and like every 5 minutes, another scareactor joins him until the chain is complete by the end of the night haha. Impossible because of logistics and labor laws, but it'd be absolutely amazing to see grow and be terrifying by the time you leave.
I didn't really like that movie but I feel like watching it again now haha

I'm a huge classic/cult horror fans, so the IPs that I am most excited about are Killer Klowns from Outer Space and Creepshow(if it is based off the movie).

Of the 3 consecutive years I have been going, 2016 was far, far superior to 2017 and 2018. I think 2019 might be another year at the same tier that 2016 was. 2017 was fairly bad all around except Titans of Terror. Ash vs. Evil Dead and Saw had issues, but I like those IPs enough that I thought those houses were decent. 2018 was really weak except for Universal Monsters and Poltergeist. Those two mazes were up there with the best 2016 mazes.

They usually plaster 3D onto the marketing because they see it as a selling point. I don't think we will see 3D back at HHN, tbh. It's died off in the industry. Mainly because it made no sense since you're literally in a 3D environment already and 2, because they probably realized it was harder for people to navigate while also appreciating the scenery. Honestly, they just made everything blurry for me and I barely saw any 3D, and would take off my glasses on any follow up run throughs of 3D mazes and have been doing that since the early 2000s.

They usually plaster 3D onto the marketing because they see it as a selling point. I don't think we will see 3D back at HHN, tbh. It's died off in the industry. Mainly because it made no sense since you're literally in a 3D environment already and 2, because they probably realized it was harder for people to navigate while also appreciating the scenery. Honestly, they just made everything blurry for me and I barely saw any 3D, and would take off my glasses on any follow up run throughs of 3D mazes and have been doing that since the early 2000s.
Six Flags is doing a pretty good job with their 3D right now, but that seems like the only place doing it anymore. I’m still going to hold out just in case, but it feels 50/50 the more I think about it

Reactions: spectatuh
DUUUUUUDE that'd be really freakin' cool, actually.
It'd be so creepy if at the end of the night they're lined up throughout the park all the way to the exit holding hands, and like the chainsaw chase out, when music goes off, they all attack at once and go back to holding hands.

This also has the potential to be not just scary, but a bit on the fun and creative side too- there were moments like that in the film like Tim Heidecker’s tethered character and Elizabeth Moss’s tethered character had a bit of humor too. Could make some really good guest interaction. Also from an financial standpoint too, easily will be the easiest and cheapest for the costuming department and fx guys- red jumpsuits, leather gloves, cast up some foam scissors, and dark eye makeup. Easy peasy.

This also has the potential to be not just scary, but a bit on the fun and creative side too- there were moments like that in the film like Tim Heidecker’s tethered character and Elizabeth Moss’s tethered character had a bit of humor too. Could make some really good guest interaction. Also from an financial standpoint too, easily will be the easiest and cheapest for the costuming department and fx guys- red jumpsuits, leather gloves, cast up some foam scissors, and dark eye makeup. Easy peasy.

Sidesteps the issue with the barkers from last year too. Can't offend someone with an insult if you can't talk!

(Though a Red barker who just makes speeches from a rampart and does weird dance moves would be crazy awesome.)

Sidesteps the issue with the barkers from last year too. Can't offend someone with an insult if you can't talk!

(Though a Red barker who just makes speeches from a rampart and does weird dance moves would be crazy awesome.)

There was an issue last year with the barkers? I didn’t even know that, but that makes sense