1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Discussion in 'Halloween Horror Nights 2019' started by AlexanderMBush, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Spookies n' Stuff

Spookies n' Stuff Member

From a few friends who did it in past years, they were able to go on days they requested off, but they were pool so maybe that changes things. I imagine the ability of daytime workers to get into the park for free vs horror nights workers that don't probably makes a difference too.

Chris Galindo likes this.
  2. viking_wizard_eyes

viking_wizard_eyes Rookie

What’s everybody’s thoughts on the food? I ate at the Starcourt Mall tent both nights last weekend and wanna try the GB themed stuff. Anyone have favs? I liked the Demogorgon totchos and the Demodog but curious about other stuff.

3. Jerroddragon

Jerroddragon Rookie

I dont care

It literally doesn't make sense with the parks opening earlier now.

I feel the entire thing needs to really be executed differently next year. All Mazes open when ever the event is open, Bill and Ted Back and SLOP and Despicable me open at the very least to help crowds

4. Chris Galindo

Chris Galindo Veteran Member

lol Bill and Ted is never coming back. Despicable Me being open would be a waste since literally no one at the event would bother going... SLoP on the other hand...

Ryan and Freak like this.
  5. Jerroddragon

Jerroddragon Rookie

Simpson has a 40 Plus min line.....people for some reason go on rides...I dont know why but people do.

At least try opening other rides and see if any work...as for Bill and Ted the new films out and bet those shows are more packed than the crap we have now

6. Chris Galindo

You don't understand, Uni doesnt have the licensing for Bill and Ted anymore. Also, Hollywood's cliente is the reason they don't have it anymore because people got offended. Uni will not want to risk that again.

Rideguy70 likes this.
  7. Jerroddragon

Jerroddragon Rookie

I knew the second part (though honeslty who cares not like anyone would boycott HHN for a show, its too big) didn't know they didn't have the rights.

But not like I don't they could do a similar show with different characters, just anything over what they have now.

8. Spookies n' Stuff

Spookies n' Stuff Member

This year I've only tried the totchos and the egg sandwich, though last year I had the loaded mac and cheese and I assume it's the same this year. I think the totchos are probably the best in terms of what you get for the price, since its definitely enough food for 2 people, and it tastes pretty good, the egg sandwich was fine and I'd say I recommend it, though for what you get I think its really overpriced. I'm not sure if the mac and cheese is the same this year, but last year I thought taste wise it was pretty good, but it was barely a serving of mac and cheese, seemed more like a side than a main dish, especially for how much it costs. Really I wish they'd bring back the pulled pork grilled cheese they had back in 2016, since I think it was probably my favorite HHN food item I've had alongside the totchos.

9. Ryan

Ryan Staff Member Moderator

I had the chicken tenders from Starcourt. They were okay.

SLoP may be open next year. Despicable Me was open in 2014's event.

10. Paulio

Paulio Member

Uhh, it's because the Springfield area is massively popular as The Simpsons has influence pop culture, whereas Bill and Ted does not. It's just a fact.

11. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

Don't think I saw this posted anywhere. October 30th, a Wednesday, has been added. 1AM close.

12. SailwiththeTide

SailwiththeTide Member

Was hoping my Thur/Sunday pass would work for this added day but I doubt it.

Ok looks like it is good to go
    • Valid Visit Nights:
      • Sep: 26, 29
      • Oct: 3, 6, 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 27, 30
      • Nov: 3

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  13. rageofthegods

rageofthegods Veteran Member

So how have thursdays been this year? I'm going with a group but it has to be cut short (615-ish to 1230). Would that be enough to hit pretty much everything? Maybe leaving out Pandora?

14. Spookies n' Stuff

Spookies n' Stuff Member

if you arent starting till 6:15 you'll probably have to cut ST since it gets pretty long pretty fast. Thursdays have been decent, but there haven't really been any truly slow days this year.

15. viking_wizard_eyes

viking_wizard_eyes Rookie

This. HHN is just too popular these days. We probably won’t see “slow” nights until November, and even then, who knows? Would not be even a little bit surprised to see 60+ wait times for the more popular houses on those nights.

16. Chris Galindo

I'm actually surprised how consistently busy this year is... hopefully that means good things for next year

17. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

Don't hold your breath

Legacy, marip123, Freak and 1 other person like this.
  18. Spookies n' Stuff

Spookies n' Stuff Member

It means more cash in the higher ups pockets, and the same budget we’ve had for years.

Horror Lover likes this.
  19. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

Bringing that up, it's especially busy for tonight; as lines to get through security are all the way to Antojitos (!!!)

From Jonathan,

Personally, I'm...having some shed of hope, even if it'll probably be demolished once someone makes a leak.

__

A personal thought: I really hope the success of 80's Throwback Nights prove to Universal just the potential that the event could give, especially with the added amount of entertainment and fun opportunites for guests (even as an outsider for the next 2 weeks).

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  20. Horror Lover

Horror Lover Member

Exactly.. which is why I still don't think Murdy deserves ALL the blame for how HHN turns out.. even if he left and was replaced by Jon Cooke or one of the HHN Orlando guys, they and their ideas would still be at the mercy of USH executives and their penny-pinching ways..