Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Stranger Things 2 is the first announcment without a doubt. Unless they announce Hill House first to bring in the hype like last year with ST.
Probably ST. And with the whole very soon I would think this Tuesday or Thursday as a guess. As they do typically like to announce on either Tuesday or Thursday.

Reactions: Kadath
Quick thought vis-a-vis the curveball property:

What if it's Audition?
I have no evidence for this besides my idle, crazy speculation, but it does kinda feel like Twin Peaks with that insane dream sequence before the torture scene. Obviously, the torture scene is the finale, there'll be a black gauntlet with "kiri kiri kiri" playing over it at the end.

Beginning scene and facade can be the Bag-apartment with a vomiting Asami, then off to the ballet studio with a facade, headless corpse, and Asami; and the Restaurant with the chopped pieces and tongue and Asami; then the finale at the house. There's the dead dog from Halloween 4, the staircase from Trick R Treat, Asami with a syringe and spray-bottle, and maybe dead Rokyo standing in the window.

As long as they cut out the, ahem, stepfather parts, it should be golden.
Hearing kiri, kiri, kiri in a maze would be absolutely terrifying. Audition is a property I'd never think would ever be given the HHN treatment, but I'd be curious how they'd pull (or rather saw) it off.

Reactions: rageofthegods
I'd honestly laugh if a curveball for this year was ST 2 and Hill House were combined for some kind of "Horrors of Netflix" house. At least both properties would be in a sound stage then.

Reactions: Kadath

Thought this tweet was kinda interesting. Considering that I assume he means by 3. And one of them would be the Scrapped Hispanic Original which they need a artist for which I assume won't happen (I would assume next year).

Holidayz which I'm pretty sure is happening.

But what about the 3rd one? By using already popular original concepts as mazes for a test to see if they work (Ex: Holidayz). Hollywood Harry or Urban Inferno maybe? Maybe they will test the boundaries this year and try to do 2 Original mazes? Just a thought especially with Murdy saying that this year will be different.

Thought this tweet was kinda interesting. Considering that I assume he means by 3. And one of them would be the Scrapped Hispanic Original which they need a artist for which I assume won't happen (I would assume next year).

But what about the 3rd one? By using already popular original concepts as mazes for a test to see if they work (Ex: Holidayz). Hollywood Harry or Urban Inferno maybe? Maybe they will test the boundaries this year and try to do 2 Original mazes? Just a thought especially with Murdy saying that this year will be different.

we already had a urban inferno maze
This-is-the-End-at-HHN-2015.jpg

We had two originals in the past.. 2011/2012, Alice Cooper and La Llorona, 2013, Black Sabbath and El Cucuy..

Hearing kiri, kiri, kiri in a maze would be absolutely terrifying. Audition is a property I'd never think would ever be given the HHN treatment, but I'd be curious how they'd pull (or rather saw) it off.

Audition and Hereditary should honestly be in the same year. They're both intense, niche-y movies that involve a lot of face characters and gives alot of room for SFX-experimentation without alot of expensive puppets (Maybe they could try projecting subtitles on the wall for Audition? A new kind of distraction scare!). Plus, from a technical perspective, they could totally recycle the Halloween 1 "strangling Linda" gag for "piano-wire" gags. It could be the new horde scare! lol.

Thought this tweet was kinda interesting. Considering that I assume he means by 3. And one of them would be the Scrapped Hispanic Original which they need a artist for which I assume won't happen.

I feel like it's time for some kind of original maze. Maybe they take urban legends from different cultures this time? Maybe Chinese or Korean ghosts (shui gui or e gui) or West African or Indian vampires? Djinn from the Middle East, with Will Smith starring?

Edit: Or like, the original zombies from Haiti, with evil sorcerors and hypnotized dead people? That could be fun. A straight-up Wendigo maze to capitalize off of Pet Sematary? Armenian demons?

Last edited:
We had two originals in the past.. 2011/2012, Alice Cooper and La Llorona, 2013, Black Sabbath and El Cucuy..
I mean more so full on originals. Alice Cooper and Black Sabbath had original designs to them but they still had a brand name attached. Monsters is kinda the same thing. Mostly original but has a brand name.

I'm gonna voice an unpopular opinion... I do not like nor want originals at HHN Hollywood. I do not go to be immersed in originals, I go to be placed in the movies. One is fine I suppose but I do not like the constant demand for them. If you want originals, go to Knotts Scary Farm, Dark Harbor or Fright Fest (which has improved so much and no one ever talks about it). They work in Orlando because they defined the haunt genre. It's a tourist destination. HHN, being focused on movies, is what separates it and makes it work so well here. Not to mention the fact that when they do make originals, they're not always well received by the general public.

I'm gonna voice an unpopular opinion... I do not like nor want originals at HHN Hollywood. I do not go to be immersed in originals, I go to be placed in the movies. One is fine I suppose but I do not like the constant demand for them. If you want originals, go to Knotts Scary Farm, Dark Harbor or Fright Fest (which has improved so much and no one ever talks about it). They work in Orlando because they defined the haunt genre. It's a tourist destination. HHN, being focused on movies, is what separates it and makes it work so well here. Not to mention the fact that when they do make originals, they're not always well received by the general public.

I remember the demand for originals first spiked up in 2010 as a response to every maze being a repeat.. ironically enough, that was our first original maze.. Castle Vampyr in House of Horrors..

I LOVED the Terror Tram last year due to the comic book style nature of the different areas(and noticing all the 2017 stuff) and would love to see that in a maze. Holidayz in Hell and Hollywood Harry would probably be the best options to translate into a maze.

But all I really want this year is Suspiria. The ending alone is full of FX with all the breaking objects and walls

Reactions: chris.g
If we actually get a maze announcement this month, I can definitely see a pretty consecutive announcement schedule with 1 maze announcement a month until August, with the final 2 being released then.

If we actually get a maze announcement this month, I can definitely see a pretty consecutive announcement schedule with 1 maze announcement a month until August, with the final 2 being released then.
It depands on if there will be 9 mazes or not with Tram being gone and them possibly using the Tram garage as a spot for 2 mazes.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
Just thinking about this from a general public point of view. If we are getting one maze that is a cult classic then I doubt Hill House has the recognition needed for the event.

I was listening to a radio show where they were talking about "Haunting of" coming back as an anthology series (like AHS) and the hosts of the show had never heard of Hill House. While I think it will make a great maze I just don't think it has the awareness factor to attract the GP.