Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

It's a big horror movie coming out this year, it's Guillermo Del Toro and it's an IP that's produced by a studio that hasn't closed the door on working with HHN.. So it has a fair shot of coming.. now whether it's a shared IP or Hollywood exclusive is anyone's guess...
Probably Exclusive just like Crimsom Peak was and I don't think any of the Orlando codenames seem to be hinting at it.

I'll be honest I don't see it coming. In fact, if we're getting any exclusive I'd wager it being The Wall if that happens... it's a Murdy dream prop.

This. Plus we don’t know how well Scary Stories is gonna do at the box office and Murdy’s only reason for Crimson Peak was to work with Del Toro for the first time. I’d like the IP adapted eventually but I don’t see it this year

This. Plus we don’t know how well Scary Stories is gonna do at the box office and Murdy’s only reason for Crimson Peak was to work with Del Toro for the first time. I’d like the IP adapted eventually but I don’t see it this year
Scary Stories is pretty popular so I see it doing fine. Most of the reasoning I see for if they were to do it is A. Could be a Big Movie. B. Murdy loved working with Guillermo. Also the trailer hasn't even dropped and isn't dropping till Sunday so we will see if it could work at HHN or not.

Scary Stories ain’t happening this year. Maaaybe next year.

This is not necessarily for this year but more regarding future HHNs: Do you really think WB has permanently shut the door on HHN? They’ve always had a fairly good relationship with them. They can only do Conjuring and It so many times before just keeping it to themselves would be kinda pointless. Do you really see It and Conjuring off the table even after five years?

This is not necessarily for this year but more regarding future HHNs: Do you really think WB has permanently shut the door on HHN? They’ve always had a fairly good relationship with them. They can only do Conjuring and It so many times before just keeping it to themselves would be kinda pointless. Do you really see It and Conjuring off the table even after five years?

IMO we’ll get It before Conjuring. Maybe in about 4-6 years when a Conjuring or Annabelle 5 or something comes out we’ll see the first one.

IT is gonna only have two films, one of which has already been done at HMH twice and the other being done this year. Next year they’ll probably do it again but 4 years in a row of IT is hard to market. Conjuring on the other hand is gonna have a lot more sequels with all of the spinoffs released so WB can hold onto that one longer; much to my dismay since I wanna see Valak at HHN

Now I'm starting to question the WB thing too.. In the future, I can see Universal making WB an offer too good to refuse on something else.. but one of their conditions being that WB IPs have to be usable for HHN again..

Probably not for awhile but I think it's interesting to think about for Future HHNs. And that it makes a Solo HDD maze even more likely because there's already a 3rd film in development.
I feel like if they wanted to do a completely solo HDD maze they might wait for the third movie rather than doing it this year, unless they want to bring it back as a solo again in the future like Insidious

Don't really have time to read the last 6 pages that I missed (film industry is a 16 hour a day thing, y'all), but can anyone fill me in on what's going on so far this year?!

Don't really have time to read the last 6 pages that I missed (film industry is a 16 hour a day thing, y'all), but can anyone fill me in on what's going on so far this year?!

Likeliest Properties:
- Stranger Things
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space
- Hellraiser

Don’t be Surprised, it’s been hinted at:
- Haunting of Hill House
- The Thing
- Pink Floyd’s The Wall
- HDD2U or Blumhouse 3

Possible but might not be this year:
- Child’s Play 2&3
- Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
- Mexican Original
- Universal Monsters 2.0
- Literally anything
- Halloween 5: The Revenge of Micheal Myers(jk)