Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Definitely learning a lot here, thanks for sharing everyone. Been lurking for a little bit, finally decided to join. Still feel like Us and Halloween ‘18 are simple wins that would make amazing houses but if the rights are difficult, then that’s another thing entirely.
First off, welcome to the chaos of HHN speculation
Second, re: Halloween 2018, John said that he tried to bring it to the event last year but it didn’t work out so we instead got Halloween 4. We all thought Halloween 2018 was for sure a lock since Michael Myers is popular and the GP always clamor for him to return, but it isn’t that simple as “universal owns the rights to this, they can use it” unfortunately. Could something change for this year? It’s possible. But part of me thinks they wanna give the slashers a break since they’ve been consistently around from 2015-2018 (Halloween, big 4, titans of terror, and Halloween 4)

Extremely unpopular opinion: but with the way thing are going, I wouldn't be surprised if Halloween 5 had the better chance of coming to HHN before 2018's.

Now this is interesting:

Check out @HorrorNights’s Tweet:

Can we expect more mazes like this in the future?

I mentioned this, but it would make a lot of sense.

This year honors the beasts of the Universal Monsters: The Beast of Science being Frankenstein's Monster, as the Beast of Nature is The Wolf Man. I can easily see them doing the same with characters like Dracula and Phantom, or Creature and Hunchback; and it'd be easy way's of tackling the Classic Monsters, while also making things easy for Universal.

__

Facade will be the once planned Gypsy Camp scene from last year's maze that got cut.

That said, perhaps it may be better to discuss it on the proper thread?

Edit: To fill in for fun, Crypt TV has commented with the eye's, when asked if they may be involved in some shape for HHN.

Crypt TV is founded by Eli Roth and Jack Davis, with financial backing from Jason Blum and NBCUniversal.

Last edited:

This year honors the beasts of the Universal Monsters: The Beast of Science being Frankenstein's Monster, as the Beast of Nature is The Wolf Man. I can easily see them doing the same with characters like Dracula and Phantom, or Creature and Hunchback; and it'd be easy way's of tackling the Classic Monsters, while also making things easy for Universal.

__

Facade will be the once planned Gypsy Camp scene from last year's maze that got cut.

Edit: To fill in for fun, Crypt TV has commented with the eye's, when asked if they may be involved in some shape for HHN.

Crypt TV is founded by Eli Roth and Jack Davis, with financial backing from Jason Blum and NBCUniversal.

I made that comment here because I thought it had more to do with other mazes that might come, y'know? Although you're right that it might be better in the other thread.

__

Would love to see Crypt TV maze or scarezone.

OOF imagine how gorgeous the maze would be with some French influences and some scenes that would probably include Notre Dame, the paris opera house and of course a masquerade ball. Definitely would be a beautiful maze :love:
Tbh sorta been brainstorming a fan-treatment for it, could call it Universal Monsters: Nightmare in Paris or something like that, I hope they actually do it somewhere down the line

so what do you guys think the speculated houses will be located?

Thought a lot about this.

What we know:

Parisian: Holidayz in Hell
Metro: Frankenstein meets the Wolfman
SS 29: Stranger Things 2

What I'm speccing:

Waterworld: House of a Thousand Corpses. This was the traditional location.

Tram Garage: Mexican Original. Going on Legacy's clues.

Mummy Queue: Klownz. Just makes sense.

FDTD Tent: Creepshow. It's got a big enough tent to fit the entire movie, but it's hidden behind a facade. I feel it wouldn't make sense to put the big people eater (Ghostbusters) behind a facade with limited queue space, so by process of elimination Creepshow ends up here.

747 Tent: Ghostbusters. As mentioned in the FDTD tent place, big properties like AvP, Poltergeist and FvJ have all been located here, probably because it's got a nice, big area all to itself and adequate queue space. Ghostbusters is massive, so it makes sense to put it here.

So are we just running with HOTC as a property for Hollywood? Not that I have a problem with it, but just seems off. Maybe @Legacy could help steer us in the right direction if he’s allowed to say, but was it ever on the spec lineup for Hollywood?

So are we just running with HOTC as a property for Hollywood? Not that I have a problem with it, but just seems off. Maybe @Legacy could help steer us in the right direction if he’s allowed to say, but was it ever on the spec lineup for Hollywood?
It was on the Spec lineup for Hollywood and I believe it would be coming. Makes sense with the comments Murdy during Q&A's when asked about working with Rob Zombie again.

It was on the Spec lineup for Hollywood and I believe it would be coming. Makes sense with the comments Murdy during Q&A's when asked about working with Rob Zombie again.
If you’re allowed to say, is the Mexican original also on the speculated lineup for Hollywood, or is that the only maze slot we don’t really know about?

If you’re allowed to say, is the Mexican original also on the speculated lineup for Hollywood, or is that the only maze slot we don’t really know about?
I mean it's weird to describe. Me and Legacy have heard 2 different mazes for that venue but I'm very very positive only 1 is happening. So I don't know. The hint he gave out for Tram Garage is one of them.

Just out of curiosity, what are the logistics of a maze in the tram garage? How big is it (compared to other locations) and how high are the ceilings. Is it equivalent to getting another soundstage maze or completely different?