Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On a completely separate note, here's a phrase I never expected to completely unironically say at the start of the year: I really hope Ma shows up in at HHN sometime in the future.
Yes, please! I can see them making us take shots in the first scene and then we have to find our way out of the basement.

On a completely separate note, here's a phrase I never expected to completely unironically say at the start of the year: I really hope Ma shows up in at HHN sometime in the future.

Right?! The whole time I was thinking that if it was in a Horrors of Blumhouse about how disturbing it would’ve been. Weirdly enough it
Might’ve felt a lot like Saw. I was thinking that it could’ve gone through the basement, Ma’s Room, maybe a hallway, the vet, and then the burning basement with the passed out kids. Scares could’ve been Haley sewn up, Maggie with the knife, Ma in the castration scene and then Jeanine when she wore the mask. I really don’t This there would’ve been a lot of Octavia Spencer actresses if it could come as a maze, the way she scares in the movie isn’t really made for boo scares.

Reactions: rageofthegods
So I guess I would have to be in the room for me to believe GoT was ever coming to HHN, let alone believe that a rumor leak on this website caused it to go away.

It's happened before...

Are we even remotely allowing for the fact that this info was disseminated as a punishment for those that have leaked stuff or as a way to sniff out the serious leakers.

Saying a house is not coming, let alone in June, isn't how you flush out leakers.

Don’t want to derail this thread but is Ma worth seeing? I’m on the fence about it.

Yes. Don’t go in expecting a straight up horror movie though, first hour is a dramatic thriller but the last 30 minutes are :faint:. Some seriously disturbing stuff throughout though and Octavia Spencer is creepy as hell

Reactions: Clive
Don’t want to derail this thread but is Ma worth seeing? I’m on the fence about it.

I was very surprised at how brutal and nasty and disgusting it ended up being. Trust me, the trailer was hiding the best moments.

Also, it has to be said: Ma is surprisingly very emotional, especially if you knew one of those socially awkward people who wanted to party with the cool kids. It's kind of out of left field how much I felt for Ma.

I give it a recommend.

Reactions: peasoupprincess
I was very surprised at how brutal and nasty and disgusting it ended up being. Trust me, the trailer was hiding the best moments.

Also, it has to be said: Ma is surprisingly very emotional, especially if you knew one of those socially awkward people who wanted to party with the cool kids. It's kind of out of left field how much I felt for Ma.

I give it a recommend.

Very excited to go see this!

This is in the future also, but Blumhouse is doing an adaptation of a weird, German psychological horror novel called "You Should have Left." It's full of really creepy scenes and insane characters (There's a terrifying bit involving a baby monitor, and another involving a window), and I know test screenings for the film happened recently (I didn't go), so I'm assuming that given the typical Blumhouse turn-around rate, they can get this out by October.

Another thing: Damon Lindelof wrote a movie called "The Hunt," which Blumhouse made and is releasing in September now. The plot details are kinda under wraps, but I think it can be really subversive if it came out. I could be very wrong, though. That having been said, even the details they did officially release ("it's about a group of working class characters who are pursued by murderers in a game") sound very Purge-ish, and that could be something that shows up in a Scarezone depending on how the environments and characters turn out.

Upon thinking more of the thought of Beetlejuice, i'd have to think that there's a deal that only allows the Broadway show to be on Broadway, until the end of it's run.

Considering how new that show is, I'd imagine that they'd want to give the show some time in New York before it can be shortened/edited for any form of environment.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
Upon thinking more of the thought of Beetlejuice, i'd have to think that there's a deal that only allows the Broadway show to be on Broadway, until the end of it's run.

Considering how new that show is, I'd imagine that they'd want to give the show some time in New York before it can be shortened/edited for any form of environment.
I would expect something more in line with Graveyard Revue with more current pop culture references and edits if its real, since they probably still have a lot of the sets from that, and it would sorta act as a way to bring back the spirit of Bill and Ted without actually bringing back the show.

Right?! The whole time I was thinking that if it was in a Horrors of Blumhouse about how disturbing it would’ve been. Weirdly enough it
Might’ve felt a lot like Saw. I was thinking that it could’ve gone through the basement, Ma’s Room, maybe a hallway, the vet, and then the burning basement with the passed out kids. Scares could’ve been Haley sewn up, Maggie with the knife, Ma in the castration scene and then Jeanine when she wore the mask. I really don’t This there would’ve been a lot of Octavia Spencer actresses if it could come as a maze, the way she scares in the movie isn’t really made for boo scares.

I think there were enough Octavia scares in the movie, pretty much every major jump scare besides Genie was Octavia (the first time Maggie goes upstairs and when Maggie finds Ben's corpse

I was thinking that last bit with the couch pictures could've been alot like the Jigsaw ending of 2017, with actors on a "chain" leaping out from the tableau. That was literally my first thought when I saw Hayley wake up in the film.

Actually, if they wanna do the living poster thing, they could make the couch the opening scene, with some living actors on the couch. Base it off of this poster:

Ma Movie Poster (#2 of 2) - IMP Awards

Besides that, they could start with a small black hallway with "September" playing, and then a truck scare to kick off the section. Then, into a short facade section a la Ash vs Evil Dead, with all the cars and trucks for Octavia Spencer actors to hide amongst, and the cop corpse on the doorsteps.

Into a short foyer with a staircase and Ma in a newsboy cap and hoop earrings hiding in the bathroom, and into a short hallway that leads to the cage staircase with Genie in the mask as a scare. Into the Luke Evans dog-blood room (brrrrr) with Octavia with the knife, and into the burning basement for the finale with a hanging Maggie as a distraction and Octavia hanging around the corner with a clothes iron.

That would actually make a lot of sense, they would fit pretty well in there, could also see them repurposed as props for a scare in GB if that happens.
i mean, they can easily be redressed into the taxi driver ghost
Taxi-Driver-ghostbusters-20151256-853-480.png

So how will the Beetlejuice show be done? Will it be similar to the movie or pop culture references?

So how will the Beetlejuice show be done? Will it be similar to the movie or pop culture references?
I'm actually expecting it to be similar to Bill and Ted in a way with Pop Culture references but just Beetlejuice instead. Unless they decide to do Graveyard Revue again (Which I don't think they will).

Reactions: Clive and chris.g

This wouldn't be an abbreviated Broadway adaption, it'd be a Graveyard Revue-type affair. Think more Academy of Villains with Beetlejuice as the host.