Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Well since we don't know what the scarezones are gonna be, I really want to know what the Killerz story. Their costumes look badass and I'd like to know their backstory. I hope they bring in some of their unused concepts. What scarezones would you like to see?

I'd love a 50s B-movie scare zone with aliens, giant bugs, and weird-looking robots. Sort of an elevated version of Orlando's Invasion scare zone from a few years back. I think lower lot would be a perfect location because it allows for closer spaces but still with enough space for larger props like flying saucers or even a small drive-in theater setup.

I always thought some more gothic Vampire type Scare Zone in the Gauntlet area would be awesome. Possibly a blue/Purple dark smoke with coffins all around and some Vampires that come around and Vampire Hunters with some Vampires on the Stakes. Thought that would be cool (Kind of like the tone of Orlando's Hive)

A full decked out Pumpkin Scare Zone on French Street would be cool (Just a idea) with all of these pumpkins and multilated Characters covered in Pumpkin Guts and having Pumpkin Heads.

I have always thought instead of Strobes for the Tunnel they should have more so just red lighting throughout just to give a more ominous feeling and having some type of Catacombs type Scare Zone in there would be cool.

Just some ideas that I thought would make cool Scare Zones.

I wonder if they’d do a universal monsters scarezone for the gauntlet since FMTW will be in the backlot this year

I wonder if they’d do a universal monsters scarezone for the gauntlet since FMTW will be in the backlot this year
Probably not because Murdy said all Original Zones this year but I did just have a thought.

Since Holidayz won't be having a Day of the Dead/Dia de los Muertos section (Due to cutting because of space) what if there will still be Day of the Dead at the event but as a Zone for the Gauntlet? Again just a idea but I could see it.

I'd love a 50s B-movie scare zone with aliens, giant bugs, and weird-looking robots. Sort of an elevated version of Orlando's Invasion scare zone from a few years back. I think lower lot would be a perfect location because it allows for closer spaces but still with enough space for larger props like flying saucers or even a small drive-in theater setup.
I had a pretty similar idea for that sort of thing but for Terror Tram, I feel like using it there would sort of come full circle for what Dreadtime Storiez was trying to be, and many of the sets would lend well to it. (I dont wanna make a massive post so if you wanna read more about the terror tram version I thought up its in the "Make Your Own HHN" thread from a few months back)

Probably not because Murdy said all Original Zones this year but I did just have a thought.

Since Holidayz won't be having a Day of the Dead/Dia de los Muertos section (Due to cutting because of space) what if there will still be Day of the Dead at the event but as a Zone for the Gauntlet? Again just a idea but I could see it.
Could work as the entrance zone as well and just make the whole upper lot tie in with the holidayz theme

Could work as the entrance zone as well and just make the whole upper lot tie in with the holidayz theme

Idea: the opening zone is the based on the OG idea for the female icon Urban Legend house that was going to be in Tram. Next year, when it's more established, it comes as a maze.

EDIT: If it is what I suspect it to be, something surrounding the Quinceanera celebration like some kind of Mexican "Omen" riff, then it also fits with the "holiday" or celebration conceit.

Last edited:
DUMB IDEA INCOMING!
look, i love hollywood, but they need to put in queue videos. a perfect queue vid should
  • gives people in line entertainment
  • show what the plot is
  • show what "Big Scenes" will be in the maze to get people hyped up, or to make sure this isn't a persons type so they can skip the maze
i thought to myself what will fit for a queue vid, then i came up with a dumb idea. Why not have some Dead Meat videos playing at the queue

Lemme explain.
  • he fits all the things i mentioned
  • his humor fits WELL for hhn
  • most of the vids he's done have been movies featured at hhn
  • very popular youtuber
  • it's dead meat

DUMB IDEA INCOMING!
look, i love hollywood, but they need to put in queue videos. a perfect queue vid should
  • gives people in line entertainment
  • show what the plot is
  • show what "Big Scenes" will be in the maze to get people hyped up, or to make sure this isn't a persons type so they can skip the maze
i thought to myself what will fit for a queue vid, then i came up with a dumb idea. Why not have some Dead Meat videos playing at the queue

Lemme explain.
  • he fits all the things i mentioned
  • his humor fits WELL for hhn
  • most of the vids he's done have been movies featured at hhn
  • very popular youtuber
  • it's dead meat

It's a fun idea, but it presents problems when, say, they do a maze for a movie James doesn't like. (ex: what if they had it for Halloween 4?)