Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 170 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Too late to create my own ranking? In a spooky mood rn so why not?

(Most to Least)
Ghostbusters
Killer Klowns
Creepshow
Us
Stranger Things
Holidayz In Hell
Uni Monsters
House Of 1000 Corpses

I gotta say, i'm very optimistic about this year's event. With the focus moved away from the tram and seemingly no weak-links in the roster, i think we're in for a special year.

The one exception to the rule is "Pandora's Box" which i have no idea what that's about. If the title has any indication, maybe a maze featuring ancient mythology?

Doesn't mean we can't have both!
True!

Idk, the fact that it's not happening this year is deeply curious to me. The timing this year couldn't be better. Unless they anticipate season two being another hit, which gives them the ability to mix elements from Hill House/Bly Manor. Otherwise, I do consider it a pretty massive blindspot on this year's lineup.

True!

Idk, the fact that it's not happening this year is deeply curious to me. The timing this year couldn't be better. Unless they anticipate season two being another hit, which gives them the ability to mix elements from Hill House/Bly Manor. Otherwise, I do consider it a pretty massive blindspot on this year's lineup.

It's possible Murdy and co were just gunning for bigger fish this year. The rumored Game of Thrones house is the most obvious example, though if they were talking to WB, I'd imagine they were also gunning for IT, Dr. Sleep, The Conjuring, things like that. Couple that with Ghostbusters and it's possible that something like Hill House (produced by Amblin, Paramount and Flanagan himself) was just too much of a hassle to get if they were gonna get it in time for this year.

It's worth remembering that Murdy explicitly stated that they were settling their 2020 slate right now, so expect Hill House to be part of that.

It's possible Murdy and co were just gunning for bigger fish this year. The rumored Game of Thrones house is the most obvious example, though if they were talking to WB, I'd imagine they were also gunning for IT, Dr. Sleep, The Conjuring, things like that. Couple that with Ghostbusters and it's possible that something like Hill House (produced by Amblin, Paramount and Flanagan himself) was just too much of a hassle to get if they were gonna get it in time for this year.

It's worth remembering that Murdy explicitly stated that they were settling their 2020 slate right now, so expect Hill House to be part of that.
Yeah, fair points for sure. I mean, in my mind, it would have 100% had to be something with overly complicated rights, otherwise it's just a huge misstep, IMO. Popular IP with great, great content; Netflix partnership to keep that relationship going; building a bridge to potential Paramount properties as WB gets stingier . . . It almost makes too much sense. Hopefully next year!

For what it's worth, I could complain until I'm blue in the face about the choice to pursue GoT/Ghostbusters over something like this, but that's neither here nor there, at this point, lol

Yeah, fair points for sure. I mean, in my mind, it would have 100% had to be something with overly complicated rights, otherwise it's just a huge misstep, IMO. Popular IP with great, great content; Netflix partnership to keep that relationship going; building a bridge to potential Paramount properties as WB gets stingier . . . It almost makes too much sense. Hopefully next year!

For what it's worth, I could complain until I'm blue in the face about the choice to pursue GoT/Ghostbusters over something like this, but that's neither here nor there, at this point, lol

Haha, at least it shows they're thinking outside the box. That's something.

Are there that many big Paramount properties besides A Quiet Place and Pet Sematary? The Cloverfield franchise is, I think, owned by Bad Robot, along with Overlord.

I’m not surprised if the HotC + 3 From Hell rumor comes true. The thing I’m be confused about is that the Firefly House facade is already up which means that Devil’s Rejects will be omitted. My bet is it’ll be like Stranger Things 2 where it’ll be Corpses with a finale from 3 From Hell
What do you mean by firefly fun house are you saying that a bray Wyatt Maze is coming

No the Firefly Family is the main antagonist family in House of 1000 Corpses

And the main two of the Firefly Family (Otis & Baby) are featured in Three from Hell & The Devil's Rejects (alongside Captain Spaulding).

I’m not surprised if the HotC + 3 From Hell rumor comes true. The thing I’m be confused about is that the Firefly House facade is already up which means that Devil’s Rejects will be omitted. My bet is it’ll be like Stranger Things 2 where it’ll be Corpses with a finale from 3 From Hell

If it's the case, I'm honestly thinking it'll be like how Jigsaw was represented, but with the preview scene involving that house raid seemingly teased for the new film.