Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

If anyone’s wondering, this is why we don’t have half the stuff Orlando does. This year they have a damn dominatrix and we have shadowlands light getting yelled at for being insensitive. I’m a really progressive guy, but sometimes mature events need to be attended by mature audiences

Holy heck, the event hasn’t even started and someone is already offended! IT’S A NEW RECORD!

This is ridiculous. HHN decides to honor the cool lore that Eastern culture has and someone throws a fit that it’s appropriating that? What about the several Hispanic lore mazes HHN has done?

USH better have some skin over this. It’s Halloween Horror Nights for Pete’s sake. Does that sound like the kind of event where everyone gets a hug and a cry from being upset over stuff?

Everything is racist.

Holy heck, the event hasn’t even started and someone is already offended! IT’S A NEW RECORD!

This is ridiculous. HHN decides to honor the cool lore that Eastern culture has and someone throws a fit that it’s appropriating that? What about the several Hispanic lore mazes HHN has done?

USH better have some skin over this. It’s Halloween Horror Nights for Pete’s sake. Does that sound like the kind of event where everyone gets a hug and a cry from being upset over stuff?

Everything is racist.
2017-The Best Nightmares Never End
2018-We Know What Scares You
2019-Maximum Screamage
2020-Everything’s Racist

Everything is racist.

Grrr...must...resist...turning into my avatar...

They already pulled some of the props (Buddha, etc.). Not sure if the full scenic got pulled or what.

I'm under the impression that much of the zone is staffed with people of Asian descent, for what it's worth.

EDIT: Also, since someone asked, Frankenstein Meets Wolfman is very good. Great scenic and some fun scares/show moments. Slash score is even more restrained and thoughtful (speaking as someone who loved the score last year).

They already pulled some of the props (Buddha, etc.). Not sure if the full scenic got pulled or what.

I'm under the impression that much of the zone is staffed with people of Asian descent, for what it's worth.

EDIT: Also, since someone asked, Frankenstein Meets Wolfman is very good. Great scenic and some fun scares/show moments. Slash score is even more restrained and thoughtful (speaking as someone who loved the score last year).
From what I've heard it was just the religious imagery, but hopefully it wasn't the whole thing.

I don’t think it’s really hit me that HHN starts tonight. I’m so pumped. I’ll once again be posting my thoughts on twitter, my handle is the same as my username.

Man that hot dog looks disgusting,
I’m actually so sad they didn’t bring back the big waffle donut from last year :(

I mean it might be back, since I'm sure theres some stuff they didnt show. But yeah that hot dog is kinda horrific, I'll probably try it at some point