Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 104 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if Jabbowockeez will return this year considering last year’s show was kind of... meh.

I've always heard thatt they get rated highly in GSAT's quite often during the times they appeared during HHN. Honestly, I'd think it'd depend on simply contractuals, as I'd think they would likely now be at the point of renegotiating after being at the event since 2015.

Someday I would like to see some IP shows. Heres my idea that involves some ips.
This show is like a survival show. The show determines who is going to survive. Who will survive (Lets be honest, they're all gonna die). A crazy show host has captured some of the IPs this year, and are being used for his show to kill his victims (Demodogs, Ghosts, Firefly Family, Killer Klowns, Wolfman, and Frankenstiens Monster). The show is to determine who will survive. Will everyone survive?
Throughout the whole show, we see the contestents being slaughtered by them. Demodogs tear them apart, Wolfman rips a man's throat, Ghosts playing around their victim until they eventually kill them, Killer Klowns kill by using acidic pie, and Frankenstien snapping a neck. (I honestly can't think of a gory kill for him that is fitting for him)

Welp there you have it. What do you guys think?

I'd love to see a horror musical come replace the Wockeez. Specifically, if they brought Little Shop of Horrors, Phantom of the Paradise, or Evil Dead the Musical, I'd definitely make some time to see the show.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
I'd love to see a horror musical come replace the Wockeez. Specifically, if they brought Little Shop of Horrors, Phantom of the Paradise, or Evil Dead the Musical, I'd definitely make some time to see the show.

You had me at Phantom of the Paradise! Even if it's considered extremely niche (when placed in the context of the vast majority of HHN guests who aren't forum readers, die-hard film fans, or haunt enthusiasts) I feel like it's style and unique atmosphere would be enough to garner a lot of interest in a show at HHN

Reactions: Dr. Herbert West
Maybe just a good old fashioned "group seance" with an Elise Rainier actor? Just a short play with pyrotechnics and lights, sort of like the Insidious Experience a few years back. Wouldn't have to wrangle with rights.

Of course. Things can always change. The best example Hollywood side would be the loss of The Conjuring in 2017. He had already written the treatment when it went south so he had to write the treatment for Titans of Terror to replace it.
By far the best example over the course of the whole event is Scream at hhn 25 in Orlando that was already constructed and the rights were pulled very late in the game (August I believe)

Nothing is set in stone until it’s announced
Didn’t Murdy say that TOT was planned from the beginning? I swear I saw it in a tweet.

Reactions: rageofthegods
I remember sometime late December 16 or January in 17 Murdy tweeted something about writing a maze after he had tweeted that he had finished writing. That is when The Conjuring was lost and TOT started.

off topic, but i just saw a thursday screening of brightburn, and i personally liked it. tbh, there are several scenes in there that'll work for a very good maze. you guys think it might work?

off topic, but i just saw a thursday screening of brightburn, and i personally liked it. tbh, there are several scenes in there that'll work for a very good maze. you guys think it might work?

Not unless in a mashup. And unless it becomes a cult classic in the future I don’t think we’ll ever see it

Reactions: hhnlover
Not unless in a mashup. And unless it becomes a cult classic in the future I don’t think we’ll ever see it

Plus that old bugbear of horror nights: kid actors.
fair enough, just thought it'll be a neat maze, since there's tons of brutal and scary scenes in it. though, the maze will be very effects worthy, and probably go over budget tbh xd.