Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 118 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not to totally derail the conversation, but watching the panel again convinces me that Holidayz from Hell will be a gauntlet scarezone. They kept mentioning "scenes."

So based on whatever was said at the panel, is it safe to assume there'll be 3 scare zones again this year, or maybe John was able to do some convincing with Lower lot, Baker street, and/or French?

Im curious to know how each maze announcement videos are gonna look like. Maybe for The Thing, it will show a a staff member being assimilated like the scene with Bennings? What do you guys think each maze video is gonna look like?

Hopefully they keep the videos in style of the ST one(where it’s set in the Studio). The only one I’m %100 on is that the Asylum video will have the Crying Nun(or any nun) & Bloodyface

If the next maze announcement isn’t IT, it’s probably safe to assume it’s not coming this year.
I disagree. I think they’d want to save it for the end or towards the end
They just dropped stranger things and it’s literally the biggest announcement to happen for HHN ever. If they dropped their two biggest announcements back to back, then everything else would go unnoticed and nobody would really care for Trick r treat or Halloween or The Thing. But, if they dropped a big one now, let the hype build up with the other properties, and then dropped IT, it would be a huge boost for the event. Similar to how in 2016 they announced The Exorcist first as a huge name then waited and waited until the end to announce AHS since that one would be a huge hit with the fans who have requested it for so long

Reactions: rageofthegods
I think IT will probably be announced at a big, GA-friendly event like SDCC or something like that. Next announcement will probably be a breather of some kind, like Asylum or maybe AvED last year.

Hopefully they keep the videos in style of the ST one(where it’s set in the Studio). The only one I’m %100 on is that the Asylum video will have the Crying Nun(or any nun) & Bloodyface
I hope they keep that format. It gives the feeling that horror is coming to the theme park instead of saying like "Hey guys The Thing is coming to hhn"

I’m not sure if ST is gonna have a comic con panel this year, but if they are, I’m surprised we didn’t get the announcement then, that would of been a big deal.

I’m not sure if ST is gonna have a comic con panel this year, but if they are, I’m surprised we didn’t get the announcement then, that would of been a big deal.

I guess they wanted a big opening announcement just to make some headlines. Also, if ST maze was announced at Comic-con, it probably would've been buried under a bunch of other entertainment news, whereas announcing it in April while it's quiet means that Universals can hog the lime light all to themselves.