Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Given the fact that Ash vs. Evil Dead was butchered this year by content cuts, I'd actually be up for a round 2.

I’d be fine with it if they just copied and pasted Orlando’s version. Next year they’ll hopefully up the budget because the amount of black walls and dead spaces was disappointing

If if the Comcast/20th Century Fox deal is successful, think of all of Fox's IP and properties Universal could select from. American Horror Story would now be officially NBCUniversal's IPs. A stand-alone Alien movie based in 1979 or 1986 would be adopted (assuming Disney decided not to renew the Alien theme park contract). The Fly would also be a good addition to the HHN. That way, Universal would license fewer properties and it would make Universal less more selective with the IPs.
Universal could easily get all of those into HHN if they wanted. It doesn't ""seem"" like Fox is hesitant to let their properties be at HHN as well.

Saw a bunch of requests for Scream Queens because of the younger AHS fans wanting that property at the event. Honestly, it's not a decent property to fill up a spot. I'd take the Scream tv show over SQ

Food for thought regarding the whole Conjuring situation:

The court won’t make a final decision about who owns the rights until April/May. That’s too late in the game to wait around for it, but here’s the thing; they already have the maze designed. Why not prepare for the worst, stay in contact with WB, design a replacement just in case, and if the court rules in WB’s favor, it’s all good. If not, they have a replacement.

Reactions: horrornights789
Kinda shame Universal didn't do a HHN maze based off Grimm to honor the series with the most iconic creatures introduced on Grimm from its entire series.

Saw a bunch of requests for Scream Queens because of the younger AHS fans wanting that property at the event. Honestly, it's not a decent property to fill up a spot. I'd take the Scream tv show over SQ
Scream Queens only lasted for 2 seasons. Plus some prefer the movie Scream over the TV Scream.

As for Asylum they could have it set in 2012 were Briarcliff is shutdown thanks to Lana, and have the new Bloodyface be jumpscaring fans along with the mutated experiments.

Unrelated but I’m holding out hope that we potentially get The Thing this year; never saw 2011’s maze but everyone makes it sounds great. Plus the original is just made for HHN and owned by Universal. Another wishful property for me is The Fog... one can dream

It was really good honestly. Being that it was basically the first maze HHN Hollywood did revolving on a property with a complex monster, it kickstarted the optimism that HHN could pull of elaborate monster mazes.

As for Asylum they could have it set in 2012 were Briarcliff is shutdown thanks to Lana, and have the new Bloodyface be jumpscaring fans along with the mutated experiments.

If Orlando could do 1960’s Asylum, we most likely will(assuming we get it).

It was really good honestly. Being that it was basically the first maze HHN Hollywood did revolving on a property with a complex monster, it kickstarted the optimism that HHN could pull of elaborate monster mazes.

Yeah it looked really good. The original Thing requires a few more animatronic monsters that 2011’s rendition did, which is probably why it wouldn’t come. But still, the original has a lot less maze content to work with so I still think it would work.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
We shouldn't have a problem with Asylum, given that it was one of his main motivations for doing the one season per maze layout. That and I agree with the original Thing coming; I'd be down to see it arrive to the event. Personally I've always wanted Feast to be at the event, but given that it had a limited theatrical release and it's over 10 years old at this point, that's not gonna happen.

We shouldn't have a problem with Asylum, given that it was one of his main motivations for doing the one season per maze layout. That and I agree with the original Thing coming; I'd be down to see it arrive to the event. Personally I've always wanted Feast to be at the event, but given that it had a limited theatrical release and it's over 10 years old at this point, that's not gonna happen.

Yeah I’m way too eager to have Asylum come next year. I liked Cult, but *hypothetically* if we were to get The Stranger and Halloween as well it’d just be way too similar. Coven would be a great maze too, but I’m crossing all my dots and T’s that Asylum comes

Yeah I’m way too eager to have Asylum come next year. I liked Cult, but *hypothetically* if we were to get The Stranger and Halloween as well it’d just be way too similar. Coven would be a great maze too, but I’m crossing all my dots and T’s that Asylum comes

Asylum's atmosphere and characters are definitely the right brand for an HHN attraction; more enticing than Cult's environments and villains. Coven would be great as well, but I feel that they'll drag this brand out for a few more years, which isn't a problem with the different themes and such. Though if the slight possible rumors of Twin Peaks coming next year are true, I could get over Halloween and possibly the Strangers coming as well.

Asylum's atmosphere and characters are definitely the right brand for an HHN attraction; more enticing than Cult's environments and villains. Coven would be great as well, but I feel that they'll drag this brand out for a few more years, which isn't a problem with the different themes and such. Though if the slight possible rumors of Twin Peaks coming next year are true, I could get over Halloween and possibly the Strangers coming as well.

Im guessing Cult in the streets, Coven+Asylum in the s̶h̶e̶e̶t̶s̶ maze

I wouldn't be upset if they did more than one AHS maze next year to catch up to Orlando tbh.

Hell, just have the entire backlot by TV themed. AHS where it always is, Twin Peaks where Saw was, Stranger Things at the "cult-movie" spot. Move Trick R Treat to Mummy queue or something.