Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 142 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh... And I'm not sure if this Hollywood side is aware of my method this year. Rick and Morty gifs are house clues.

And the one I've given you is the only movie Orlando isn't getting a house for...

So is that the only change or is there more?

Who's to say that Thing may of not been in the cards after-all? It was a possibility, but then got muddled for a time.

Perhaps that was just a "safety" IP, encase if anything larger fell?

The Thing would be a really expensive safety-IP if that's the case.

My guess (if they are nixing the Thing) would be something like, they realized they didn't have the budget to do The Thing and Stranger Things, so they cut their losses and recycle the Purge. I can't imagine those brick-wall "alleyway" sets are getting much use this year outside of maybe the (dubiously happening) IT maze, so they just toss that in, throw in graffiti, recycled props, some cars, lady liberty...Hell, the maze basically writes itself.

My guess (if they are nixing the Thing) would be something like, they realized they didn't have the budget to do The Thing and Stranger Things, so they cut their losses and recycle the Purge. I can't imagine those brick-wall "alleyway" sets are getting much use this year outside of maybe the (dubiously happening) IT maze, so they just toss that in, throw in graffiti, recycled props, some cars, lady liberty...Hell, the maze basically writes itself.

I would argue IT would be a potentially expensive IP, just on rights. Especially as it's revival, has been a large success for King adaptations, I can see why IT may not be on the table.

That said, I hope I'm wrong, as I would love for IT to come to the event. But something has seemed off in my eye's, especially when looking at Orlando's lineup.

Just for the LOLs, I was so hoping they'd "Purge-ify" an existing IP maze like Scream/Purge, Conjuring/Hive and Ouija/Purge at HHN Orlando :tease:

But what if The First Purge flops? It’s being released in July and if it tanks it won’t make sense being there. I’m sort of ok with it though since Hollywood usually does well with Purge. Hoping it won’t be all recycled content though.

So with that would our lineup be: Asylum, UCM, Halloween, The First Purge or Thing, IT or The First Purge, TrT, and TWD? I’d be fine with that

Just for the LOLs, I was so hoping they'd "Purge-ify" an existing IP maze like Scream/Purge, Conjuring/Hive and Ouija/Purge at HHN Orlando :tease:

See the TURTLE of USA's girth,
that the New Founding Fathers had given its birth
to, as he treds on the poor and downtrod,
Sworn to his duty in the land under God

I can see it now: Wealthy purgers holding an auction in a sewer, a purger in the storm gutter, a giant Purge Parade Float coming out of a projector for some reason, a warehouse full of people getting set on fire, a Purger getting blood sprayed in her face from a sink faucet. There's an old dark house with a well and a poor security system, which the purgers have broken into. Then, have a giant purger with spider arms leap out of the sewer for some reason. Hell, this writes itself!

At this point I'm praying that this is a Leatherface situation of misinformation. A 1982 Thing maze is way overdue, I doubt anybody needed a full maze devoted to the 4th Purge movie.

Especially after Purge was in a maze last year & sort of in 2016. Plus it’s been at the event every year since 2014 and everyone’s sort of over it

See the TURTLE of USA's girth,
that the New Founding Fathers had given its birth
to, as he treds on the poor and downtrod,
Sworn to his duty in the land under God

I can see it now: Wealthy purgers holding an auction in a sewer, a purger in the storm gutter, a giant Purge Parade Float coming out of a projector for some reason, a warehouse full of people getting set on fire. There's an old dark house with a well and a poor security system, which the purgers have broken into. Then, have a giant purger with spider arms leap out of the sewer for some reason. Hell, this writes itself!
Don’t forget the hoarde of Purgers, the Purger with the giant bulky arms coming out at us, or the Purger popping out of a hole with a seizure strobe in a black hallway with strings hanging down! Can’t have an HHN maze with black walks and strings hanging down!

Reactions: rageofthegods
Don’t forget the hoarde of Purgers, the Purger with the giant bulky arms coming out at us, or the Purger popping out of a hole with a seizure strobe in a black hallway with strings hanging down! Can’t have an HHN maze with black walks and strings hanging down!

Vortex hallways, my friend. Never forget the vortex hallways.

But what if The First Purge flops? It’s being released in July and if it tanks it won’t make sense being there. I’m sort of ok with it though since Hollywood usually does well with Purge. Hoping it won’t be all recycled content though.

Let's be honest with our selves; the First Purge ain't gonna flop. It's got brand recognition and incendiary politics going for it, plus a gimmick weekend. It's also a Blumhouse film that probably cost two dollars and a ham sandwich to make. It's only horror competition for a while was the Nun, and that got moved to September. It'll carve out a niche for itself, that and the TV-series (I forgot about the TV series was happening; could the maze get inspiration from that?)

Even if it did flop, I mean, that didn't stop Crimson Peak or Dracula Untold, did it?

Especially after Purge was in a maze last year & sort of in 2016. Plus it’s been at the event every year since 2013 and everyone’s sort of over it
FTFY ;)
I don’t know about all this things being swapped and stuff. Reminds me of last year when Conjuring was scrapped and we were running like chickens with our heads cut off trying to figure out what it is. I’m gonna stick to my gut about the originally speculated lineup/leak. May come back to bite me in the butt, but eh it’s just speculation doesn’t matter too much

Okay and since I can’t figure out how to post more quotes after editing it. To respond to rageofthegods;
Dracula Untold and Crimson Peak we’re both based on movies coming out during the events run do them flopping or not didn’t really have an effect on it coming or not cause they were already gonna be there before the movie was released. With the first purge the movie will be released months prior so if it flops people wouldn’t understand it being at the event

So with that would our lineup be: Asylum, UCM, Halloween, The First Purge or Thing, IT or The First Purge, TrT, and TWD? I’d be fine with that

The Purge, to me, isn't an IP that is "failable", per say.

It gets the eye of the GP, and that it is popular at HHN for a reason. I do think, a Purge maze, would actually have potential, especially if it's more of an original concept like TCM 16' and on it's own merits (and NOT attached to another IP). If there is one team I think can do it, it's Murdy's.

Reactions: horrornights789
FTFY ;)
Okay and since I can’t figure out how to post more quotes after editing it. To respond to rageofthegods;
Dracula Untold and Crimson Peak we’re both based on movies coming out during the events run do them flopping or not didn’t really have an effect on it coming or not cause they were already gonna be there before the movie was released. With the first purge the movie will be released months prior so if it flops people wouldn’t understand it being at the event

Fair enough. I'm confident that First Purge isn't gonna flop though.

(Hoo-boy, this thread is about to go nuclear.)

UCM, IT, the Thing, Asylum. Halloween is considered safe, at least according to Legacy. Asylum is almost definitely coming.

UCM, IT, the Thing.

Spin that wheel, folks.

(Unless the first Purge is the tram, but that's just wishful thinking)
Oh... You thought only one of those is getting replaced? I've said that Hollywood is only getting ONE single-movie-exclusive house.

So we're sharing 4 IPs. Stranger Things, TrT, and (from the Orlando thread), R&M clues 4 & 9. PLUS you're getting the house I clued in for y'all.

Reactions: Horror Lover
Oh... You thought only one of those is getting replaced? I've said that Hollywood is only getting ONE single-movie-exclusive house.

So we're sharing 4 IPs. Stranger Things, TrT, and (from the Orlando thread), R&M clues 4 & 9. PLUS you're getting the house I clued in for y'all.

So we’re getting the shared StrTh, TrT, Poltergeist, Halloween, and then UCM, TWD, Asylum & The First Purge?

dear oh dear, Original houses at Hollywood? Excuse me while I spontaneously combust.

No way I can ever see Murdy letting his pet project (UCM) fall by the wayside.. especially if it's his final year doing HHN.. so Poltergeist and the R&M clue 9 replacing IT and Thing?

i knew the purge was going to come one way or another
tyuB7NW.png

No way I can ever see Murdy letting his pet project (UCM) fall by the wayside.. especially if it's his final year doing HHN.. so Poltergeist and the R&M clue 9 replacing IT and Thing?

From what’s been hinted at over there some form of Halloween is Clue 9. Poltergeist and The First Purge would replace IT & Thing. For his last year it’s not quite as grand of an exit, but we still have StrTh, UCM, and Asylum which should be pet projects.

As far as locations would Poltergeist go in the 747 Queue or would Purge? I feel like Purge would attract longer lines but Poltergeist would be a longer maze

Edit - New Line’s gone 2/2 as far as a big property getting pulled close to the event. Wonder if it’ll limit how much Universal works with them in the future(if not RIP Conjuring)