Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

Long time lurker first time posting.

I think the issue with The Conjuring had more to do with the fact that Warner Bros did a maze based upon it for their Halloween thing and less to do with the lawsuit.

They actually had plans to bring Conjuring to HHN this year for both coasts, but due to the lawsuit; it was pulled and Hollywood got Titans and Orlando got Hive.

Honestly, if there are any replacement's, I wish to see original mazes take over that void, so they don't have to spend money on a reused IP.

They actually had plans to bring Conjuring to HHN this year for both coasts, but due to the lawsuit; it was pulled and Hollywood got Titans and Orlando got Hive.

Honestly, if there are any replacement's, I wish to see original mazes take over that void, so they don't have to spend money on a reused IP.
I know that. I am saying that I believe they pulled it because Warners decided to do a maze on their own and not the lawsuit.

Last edited:
IF Conjuring 1 & 2 don’t come, Annabelle and The Nun combined would make a good maze; but idk what they would call it since they’re in The Conjuring universe and if you name it The Conjuring it sounds confusing. If they waited for the lawsuit to finish in April and then built it quickly they could make a Conjuring 1&2 maze. Sucks that one of the biggest modern horror properties is so hard to get

What didn't make into this year's event for both coasts? I know The Conjuring and Evil Dead 1 and 2 for sure but what else got the boot? I feel like at least one of these will worm its way into next year.

IF Conjuring 1 & 2 don’t come, Annabelle and The Nun combined would make a good maze; but idk what they would call it since they’re in The Conjuring universe and if you name it The Conjuring it sounds confusing. If they waited for the lawsuit to finish in April and then built it quickly they could make a Conjuring 1&2 maze. Sucks that one of the biggest modern horror properties is so hard to get

The Horrors of Warner Bros.

Also, seeing how Scream has multiple copyright owners makes me feel the same.

Warner Bro's wants to do its own Halloween event. I doubt they'll be working with Universal as much in the future. Especially after this year.

Kinda excited to see how that develops. Would be cool if it became a full event like Knotts or Universal as it progresses.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Warner Brother's Halloween thing in Australia? At least, I remember it features a property that's only really popular in Australia (Wyrmwood).

I think there's a small enough overlap in market that Universals can use their IPs too.

Edit: Yeah, WB's Movie World in Queensland, Australia.

Warner Bros. Movie World - Wikipedia

Looks like they have a Halloween event called "Fright Nights," featuring IPs that we've gotten before (F13, FDTD, Walking Dead, Evil Dead, Conjuring) plus some other cool looking IPs (Wyrmwood, Wolf Creek, Evil Within)

Regardless, I think there's evidence that IPs can be shared between parks.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Warner Brother's Halloween thing in Australia? At least, I remember it features a property that's only really popular in Australia (Wyrmwood).

I think there's a small enough overlap that Universals can use their IPs too.

Warner Brothers here in burbank had their own Halloween event this year in the backlot. As you can see based on general knowledge of the event it totally bombed.

But, they'll learn.

I wouldn't doubt that Channel Zero is being pushed for HHN in both coasts but either it's low priority or they want to do something like AHS where they mash up the seasons. The whole ideal of using Creepypastas for HHN opens a wide variety of new material but most of it is haunted games/movies/shows or downright awful stories. It'd be a gold mine but most of the treasure is covered by a Saw trap.

Warner Brothers here in burbank had their own Halloween event this year in the backlot. As you can see based on general knowledge of the event it totally bombed.

But, they'll learn.

Huh, looks like that was what the Neibolt House thing was part of.

I guess more competition is always a good thing. I still think that third-party IP holders like Lionsgate can still give their IPs to both sides; failing that, screwing around with IPs (eg a Freddy maze based off of FvJ, not technically the NoES series) could get them the more popular IPs.

I am wondering if IT is gonna come next year for this reason? If WB is serious about getting into the Haunt Market in LA (It's already pretty full, what with Fright Fest, HHN, KSF, Queen Mary's, etc.) that they'd want every advantage they can get, including taking exclusive control of their most popular IP.

At the same time, if the reason why the Conjuring is not here this year is because of the WB event, why did WB never try to go whole hog and do their own version of the Shining along with the Conjuring? I still think they'll be a bit more generous with their IPs this year. Year after is probably when things will start getting a little tighter.

I wouldn't doubt that Channel Zero is being pushed for HHN in both coasts but either it's low priority or they want to do something like AHS where they mash up the seasons. The whole ideal of using Creepypastas for HHN opens a wide variety of new material but most of it is haunted games/movies/shows or downright awful stories. It'd be a gold mine but most of the treasure is covered by a Saw trap.

Channel Zero would be pretty epic for HHN

I wouldn't mind Channel Zero at the event. The show is actually pretty good overall. I do think they'll focus more on No End House and the upcoming Stairway, because Candle Cove is mostly about children, which is a shame because it's my favorite season, but oh well.

I wouldn't mind Channel Zero at the event. The show is actually pretty good overall. I do think they'll focus more on No End House and the upcoming Stairway, because Candle Cove is mostly about children, which is a shame because it's my favorite season, but oh well.
I have yet to see Channel Zero itself but I have read the stories it's based on and of course other Creepypastas. It'd be something new for the event and there wouldn't be much hoops to go through since it does have SYFY synergy. Not only that, it's well received and at least "well known" to be at the event.

Channel Zero at the event would be INCREDIBLE! That being said, what do you think are the chances of next year's Slender Man movie coming to the event?