Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 275 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd love to see the return of La Llorona considering we have the new movie next year, whether original or based on the movie (personally I'd prefer original, since the movie seems oddly white-washed and too Conjuring-esque).

I'd love to see the return of La Llorona considering we have the new movie next year, whether original or based on the movie (personally I'd prefer original, since the movie seems oddly white-washed and too Conjuring-esque).

The new La Llorona is a WB movie.. but it'd be Godly to watch HHN Hollywood troll WB with a return of the 2011/2012 La Llorona maze...

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
The new La Llorona is a WB movie.. but it'd be Godly to watch HHN Hollywood troll WB with a return of the 2011/2012 La Llorona maze...

I'll be blunt: that new La Llorona looks flipping bad. So washed out and dull looking, and Llorona looks like every other ghost in every other movie. Why set a movie in such an interesting, exotic location if it's just gonna look like every other film?

I'm giving the movie itself the benefit of the doubt, but please bring back our crazy giant child-eating Llorona and cow-skull beasties.

Yeah, I can't see La Llorona making it back in the form of the New Line/Warner Bros. film.

If it's brought back, it'd be in a more original form (but not to the exact version that we remember it out to be).

That said..is the topic of 2019 really necessary right now, especially with one week left?

Reactions: HorrorNightsFan13
Yeah, I can't see La Llorona making it back in the form of the New Line/Warner Bros. film.

If it's brought back, it'd be in a more original form (but not to the exact version that we remember it out to be).

That said..is the topic of 2019 really necessary right now, especially with one week left?
It’s close enough!

I loved the La Llorona house, but they really need to move on to something else. I’m pretty sick of HHN retreading themes.

Reactions: HHNManics
They can't possibly do Purge or Insidious again as they have both been milked dry; especially Purge. You realize the Purge has been at the event every. single. year. since 2013? That's six straight years of Purging. I think it's time to move on.

Believe me, I totally agree... but I think we are also being totally outvoted by the GP and casual haunt goer. The lines for Purge, even this year, nearly rival the ST lines. It's crazy. Even though we uber fans are sick of it, it appears the GP, unbelievably enough, still isn't yet. :(

Thursday 10/25
Chill night for me as I only did Trick r Treat and the Terror tram. Didn't go down to the back lot. Rode the Mummy a lot and just enjoyed the park at night. The crowd level didn't seem as bad as last Thursday which is weird as it should be the busiest weekend of the event. Not sure if I have HHN fatigue or just not into it this week. Either way Terror tram was great and had a decent run in Trick r treat. Next Thursday will probably be my last time so I will go full stop.

Wait, why would the original Halloween be off-limits? We were able to do that in 2009 and 2015.. Are there new issues preventing any future use of that particular film?

Yes. Things have changed.

If you held a gun to my head and asked me to predict the lineup for next year, this is what I'd say.

-Stranger Things Season 2
-Universal Monsters Revisited
-Haunting of Hill House
-Hellraiser
-Happy Death Day
-The Thing
-Original maze (Holidayz or Hollywood Harry)

CryptTV being the swing, but I could see that ending up as the gauntlet or upper lot scare zone as people will want pictures. Purge is the other swing, but I see that being the Tram themed around the TV show with a bunch of reused assets.

If you held a gun to my head and asked me to predict the lineup for next year, this is what I'd say.

-Haunting of Hill House
-Hellraiser
-Happy Death Day
-The Thing

CryptTV being the swing, but I could see that ending up as the gauntlet or upper lot scare zone as people will want pictures. Purge is the other swing, but I see that being the Tram themed around the TV show with a bunch of reused assets.

Honestly I think this wouldn't be a bad lineup. After listening to his two Lost Themes albums, could we please get Universal Monsters Revisited: Music by John Carpenter?

Reactions: marip123

-Haunting of Hill House
-Hellraiser
-Happy Death Day
-The Thing

Replace the original with Killer Klowns and I could totally see that. Wouldn’t be bad at all if you asked me. Let’s just hope they don’t get budget cuts.

I don't know why Murdy hasn't taken a shot at the A24 films. the Witch and Hereditary have more than enough content, and Hereditary is without a doubt the more uncomfortable movie I've ever seen. Hereditary could literally be his answer to making up for the Conjuring.

The Witch, It Comes at Night, and Hereditary could make a nice mashup maze. They're all so different from each other.

-Haunting of Hill House
-Hellraiser
-Happy Death Day
-The Thing

I could definitely dig this lineup a whole lot :)

I would love to see Hellraiser, but I just don't see that happening as Dimension/Weinstein are a hassle to deal with and Murdy wanted to wait until a proper sequel comes out. Unless Orlando gets the rights, I don't see them doing it.

This would be out-of-nowhere, but I would love to see a Tremors house at some point. I think there would be some stellar creature effects and puppetry involved for something like that. I'm sure Murdy would rather do the Thing, so I think having two creature-heavy houses would be a bit much.

Reactions: Horror Lover
I would love to see Hellraiser, but I just don't see that happening as Dimension/Weinstein are a hassle to deal with and Murdy wanted to wait until a proper sequel comes out. Unless Orlando gets the rights, I don't see them doing it.

I was ABOUT to bring this up when Fallow mentioned Hellraiser.. Unless whoever owns Dimension NOW are easier to work with.. maybe a two for one deal.. ;)

I was ABOUT to bring this up when Fallow mentioned Hellraiser.. Unless whoever owns Dimension NOW are easier to work with.. maybe a two for one deal.. ;)
I would love Scream to be thrown in there as well. I know Murdy thinks it isn't scary, but c'mon. Except for maybe *properly* recreating Stu's house and maybe some of Drew Barrymore's house, it could easily be a budget house. They can reuse so many props from H4 and 2 for the houses and "yard" scenes and from Stranger Things and Valentine for the high school. Although if he has to do Happy Death Day. Although I would rather have a solid original over Scream.

I would love that lineup. Hellraiser could go either way depending on how Dimension & Miramax reacts if John were to ask for rights usage. Although, I think they’d let us have it since Hellraiser is basically a dead franchise compared to Halloween 2018

I would love that lineup. Hellraiser could go either way depending on how Dimension & Miramax reacts if John were to ask for rights usage. Although, I think they’d let us have it since Hellraiser is basically a dead franchise compared to Halloween 2018
As far as I am aware. Hellraiser 3 and onward is owned by Dimension. And Miramax's only released Hellraiser film was Bloodlines. The Original was actually made by MGM (Poltergeist and Killer Klowns from Outer Space) at least to my knowledge.

Reactions: horrornights789
As far as I am aware. Hellraiser 3 and onward is owned by Dimension. And Miramax's only released Hellraiser film was Bloodlines. The Original was actually made by MGM (Poltergeist and Killer Klowns from Outer Space) at least to my knowledge.

:clap:The day I see Pinhead at HHN I can die happy

Edit - According to Wikipedia the OG Hellraiser is under New World Pictures who’s parent company is Fox. Still think it could happen though

Last edited:
Reactions: TDBLMT