Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll agree with @Freak, and while I have La Llorona in the top three for me; I do think it's run it's course as a original character.

Honestly, I hope to god they tackle things that are NOT Urban Legends or Clowns if they do original mazes again for HHN '18.

The only exception I would make with Urban Legends, is if they are tackled more from European legends, or Asian legends. There is a huge well that could be tapped with either that I would much perfer that as opposed to Mexican urban legends.
La Llorona was AMAZING. Still in my top five favorite houses ever for Hollywood. I don’t want it to get Insidious’d or Titans’d and get rehashed to death. Leave it alone.
Correct me if I'm wrong but T2/Minions was used for stuff like HOTC, right?
Correct. And Alive Cooper Goes to Hell. Those were the only two mazes there.

It was only used for HOTC and Goes to Hell, and that I doubt T2/DMMM to ever be used for a maze again, primarily on that there isn't a logistical way to queue there at this point due to the changes made with Despicable Me Minion Mayhem's Extended Queue.
Disagree. They tore down a wall and replaced the railings in the queue when they did HoTC in T2. They can easily do it again. They can just have the queue for Minions go out front.

La Llorona was AMAZING. Still in my top five favorite houses ever for Hollywood. I don’t want it to get Insidious’d or Titans’d and get rehashed to death. Leave it alone.

Correct. And Alive Cooper Goes to Hell. Those were the only two mazes there.

This.

Do you really want that, when you can save money off of an IP and to bring something that diversifies HHN. Hell, I hope that's somewhat for the future of HHN in a way, outside of tent-pole IP's; similar to Orlando.

Disagree. They tore down a wall and replaced the railings in the queue when they did HoTC in T2. They can easily do it again. They can just have the queue for Minions go out front.

I would disagree to an extent, mainly due to that I believe the Globe Theater is used for special events. I could be wrong, but I thought that's the case.

Not to mention, doesn't TWDA use Baker Street and that French Street was pretty much vacant this past year?

This.

Do you really want that, when you can save money off of an IP and to bring something that diversifies HHN. Hell, I hope that's somewhat for the future of HHN in a way, outside of tent-pole IP's; similar to Orlando.

I would disagree to an extent, mainly due to that I believe the Globe Theater is used for special events. I could be wrong, but I thought that's the case.

Not to mention, doesn't TWDA use Baker Street and that French Street was pretty much vacant this past year?
We should get stuff like a Singapore has:

This is going to be something that I say with being completely blind. I, hope to god, that the CD of Singapore (which was from Hollywood if I am not mistaken), takes the throne. Because he is KILLING it at Singapore.
latest

Inside The Mind is really weird, not in a bad way though. It distanced itself from the usual environment for a Haunt and brought something new to the table. I'd really like to see us get something like that (original obviously) or even the same maze itself but it's not likely for that to happen. Hex was a really cool maze too, reminded me of Voodoo over at Knotts.

IT, Halloween, Conjuring, and Stranger Things seem like a lock for next year if everything works out fine; Scream, Hellraiser, and TrT are possible but it all depends on whether they wanna do it or not. 2018 seems like it’s gonna be great since we’re most likely not getting any repeats. I’m surprised with how requested Jeepers Creepers is; seems not everyone knows the backstory about it.

I think a lot of people do, it's just they wanna separate a horror entity from the director's crime. I don't think anyone excuses what he did, but it's not fair that an awesome horror property has to suffer because of actions of the director years before the first movie was made, which is why there are horror fans that hold that IP as a hopeful thing. Also, even though those properties seem really solid, as I want to see them, my main fear is next year, despite the rumor of the major budget increase, they may try to go for IPs that aren't as expensive to replicate into a live attraction. I know I mentioned this a while back, but with properties like AVP, The Thing, AWIL, Krampus, and other monster-based IP attractions, the budget needs to be big enough for animatronics, puppets, and elaborate costumes and masks. Knowing how HHN will sometimes try to cut corners with costs in some attractions, I know it can be a possibility that they'll utilize IPs either from the past or upcoming ones (The Strangers 2 and Halloween), that won't demand a lot of money being allocated into the specific maze. Especially seeing how John was raving about the feedback of this year on Twitter, I'm hoping that's not a sign the higher ups and HHN creative team are gonna make similar mistakes and actions next year.

The production for jeepers creepers 3 was a really hard and troubled one.
The director was almost not able to find funding for it ( as tiny as the budget was)
No studio wanted to touch that property and the movie had a release on theaters of only ONE Day that was heavily criticized and boycotted where a lot of theaters got angry calls and online messages asking to stop the showings.
The movie was barely released and received a lot of negative reviews from people that were angry at the third movie for existing at all.

So yeah...no.... i seriously just cannot see universal getting into that hornets nest and risking a huge backlash and controversy by ever bringing jeepers creepers as a house. It would be worst than the bill and ted closing controversy or the remival from the purge lady combined.
Even horror sites like bloodydisgusting.com refused to write about jeepers creepers 3 or review it to avoid backlash.

Jeepers creepers is never happening.

The production for jeepers creepers 3 was a really hard and troubled one.
The director was almost not able to find funding for it ( as tiny as the budget was)
No studio wanted to touch that property and the movie had a release on theaters of only ONE Day that was heavily criticized and boycotted where a lot of theaters got angry calls and online messages asking to stop the showings.
The movie was barely released and received a lot of negative reviews from people that were angry at the third movie for existing at all.

So yeah...no.... i seriously just cannot see universal getting into that hornets nest and risking a huge backlash and controversy by ever bringing jeepers creepers as a house. It would be worst than the bill and ted closing controversy or the remival from the purge lady combined.
Even horror sites like bloodydisgusting.com refused to write about jeepers creepers 3 or review it to avoid backlash.

Jeepers creepers is never happening.
Not to mention it was never really great to begin with.

I'm really happy to see Scream in the top requested properties. Gives me hope. Wish Resident Evil (games) could be up there as well, but give it another 3-4 years of returning used out properties and people will want something different eventually :)

Just looking at next year's horror movies and trying to determine if any of the ones that haven't been at the event before have potential is sort of daunting.

Just looking at next year's horror movies and trying to determine if any of the ones that haven't been at the event before have potential is sort of daunting.

To be completely honest, 2018 seems more lacking in horror movies coming out to be honest, outside of Halloween and possibly Purge to an extent for Hollywood.

But once again, we have to take into account that things are seeming to be possibly changing for Horror Nights; and that a part of me would wonder if they may try to play it safe next year, to allow a potential new CD (if Murdy leaves) to be introduced to how the event works, with how he/she carries the torch.

To be completely honest, 2018 seems more lacking in horror movies coming out to be honest, outside of Halloween and possibly Purge to an extent for Hollywood.

But once again, we have to take into account that things are seeming to be possibly changing for Horror Nights; and that a part of me would wonder if they may try to play it safe next year, to allow a potential new CD (if Murdy leaves) to be introduced to how the event works, with how he/she carries the torch.
If this coming year is lacking in horror films, this should be a fantastic opportunity to try something stuff. Not to mention they already have four potential heavy hitters to get them to next year (Conjuring, It, Halloween, and Stranger Things). Other than that, they really need to try new ideas.

Murdy has been playing it safe for the past several years. I cannot stand another year of the same rehashed properties and apparently lots of people I know can’t either. It’s time to branch out for some risky properties and original ideas.

If this coming year is lacking in horror films, this should be a fantastic opportunity to try something stuff. Not to mention they already have four potential heavy hitters to get them to next year (Conjuring, It, Halloween, and Stranger Things). Other than that, they really need to try new ideas.

Murdy has been playing it safe for the past several years. I cannot stand another year of the same rehashed properties and apparently lots of people I know can’t either. It’s time to branch out for some risky properties and original ideas.

Agreed. If they decide to do a smaller budget year and play it safe for the new CD I’m gonna be very annoyed after how “meh” this year was. If they wanna keep a smaller budget and give us The Strangers, AHS Cult, a reused property and Halloween it’s gonna be so redundant and feel all too similar. The black walls, Insidious, the New Line Trio, and the properties I mentioned(besides Halloween and the other seasons of AHS) should not be even considered for next year as they need to try something new.

Off the top of my head, here are the major IPs that are gettable/likely. This is said with no inside information.

IT
Stranger Things
Blumhouse's Halloween
Insidious: Chapter 4 (...I could see them doing a larger build-out exclusively geared to the 4th movie as originally planned)
Purge 4
The Thing (been on wish lists for years, is another "classic IP" that could be leveraged)
Trick r Treat (would probably go in the Krampus/Ash vs Evil Dead slot as the cult favorite. Significantly more likely after successful zone in Orlando, who I bet would also get their own maze)

What won't happen:
Conjuring/Annabelle/The Nun (Court date is in April. Universal won't touch it until the rights are free & clear. Depending on how everything shakes out, maybe in 2019.)

IT should be listed as #1 priority for here and Orlando, hell Japan too if it even got released there. A lot of people want it for next year, myself included but there's a little feeling inside of me that thinks it still won't come. Even if King didn't work on the new film he still had a lot of involvement with it and knowing his comments about haunts, it doesn't look too well... Then again, Neibolt house in Burbank/WB Studios happened and so did Carrie in Fox Rewind.

˙˙˙ʇᴉ ɹoɟ sqɯᴉl ƃuᴉsol puᴉɯ I plnoʍ ɹou ┴I ɟo pɐǝʇsuᴉ ƃuᴉɯoɔ ʇɐɥʇ puᴉɯ ʇ,uplnoʍ I 'ǝɯoɔ ǝɔɐdS ɹǝʇnO ɯoɹℲ suʍolʞ ɹǝllᴉʞ ǝdoɥ llᴉʇs I

Reactions: chris.g