Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
90 pages of speculation... and I have not posted once... wow. I’ve been out of it this year.
Think I got a connection. I started working with all 3 hints when my friend Manics pointed out that only the third hint connects to Terror in the Aisles so I just focused on that one...

The connection is to John Carpenter’s The Thing. John J. Lloyd died 9/20/2014
He was the production designer/art director for The Thing which is a classic film that was featured in Terror in the Aisles
Manics pointed out that the codename could be ‘John’ seeing as John connects to both J. Lloyd and Carpenter as well as Murdy which is a pretty obvious one. Good reason for him to not reveal it. Similar to ‘Howdy’ in 2016 for The Exorcist.

So all that hype about leak catching last year and it turns out we still know basically the entire line-up before the first announcement.

Do we have any idea as to what order things are gonna be announced (assuming we aren't thrown a curveball)?

A tiny part of me is still honestly worried we're gonna, at some random point, have another "Conjuring incident" like last year. Does anyone remember how far into speculation season we found out we were losing The Conjuring? I know it was around this time last year when the lineup was leaked, but I'm still afraid we'll lose our valuable IPs (IT, Stranger Things, Trick 'r Treat, The Thing).

Reactions: tankart150
A tiny part of me is still honestly worried we're gonna, at some random point, have another "Conjuring incident" like last year. Does anyone remember how far into speculation season we found out we were losing The Conjuring? I know it was around this time last year when the lineup was leaked, but I'm still afraid we'll lose our valuable IPs (IT, Stranger Things, Trick 'r Treat, The Thing).

Conjuring was lost around April IIRC. For this year it seems as though they locked everything pretty early so that a Conjuring incident won’t happen again.

Last edited:
Reactions: tankart150
I hope this is the case as well.. the IP licensing game is a very fickle one..

Very true. Side note but does anyone even know why Conjuring got scrapped? Everyone thought it was because of the lawsuit but Murdy said it wasn’t. Hopefully we get it next year considering Conjuring 3 & The Crooked Man come out in 2019

Very true. Side note but does anyone even know why Conjuring got scrapped? Everyone thought it was because of the lawsuit but Murdy said it wasn’t. Hopefully we get it next year considering Conjuring 3 & The Crooked Man come out in 2019

Wasn't there that rumor that Warner Bros is trying to go into the haunt business, and basically is trying to preserve it's IPs for itself? If that's the case, then I'd be worried about IT and Trick 'r Treat, but again, I honestly feel it could be another reason.

Safe to say I think we might've been bamboozled.

That having been said, I like the lineup a lot, so I'm not too excited to see what further curveballs we might be thrown.

Reactions: ush.hacker
Honestly as boring as TT can get I’m glad it’ll be back, will be a good crowd eater to get people away from the mazes. And if Cult is already a zone, what else could the Tram be? My bet is probably a collaboration a la 2016 or a Purge one(although the politics of the new one seem too blatant for HHN to have it)

If they could just get Wizarding World and Despicable Me open this year, that could possibly lead, not only to scare zones being placed again to Baker and French streets, but also really help with crowd distribution, especially with news that Terror Tram is happening this year. Perhaps we're also getting a show this year? I guess time will tell.

I assume this also applies to the Scare Zones as well. To those of you who think we will get AHS Cult Terror Tram.

Last edited:

I assume this also applies to the Scare Zones as well. To those of you who think we will get AHS Cult Terror Tram.

That is if the info about AHS Cult being a scare zone is correct. So far the rumored line up is 0 for 1.

I'm not doubting the rumors just saying they are obviously a bit off.

Reactions: ush.hacker