Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I still don’t get why we would get Halloween 4 instead of 2018 version. Halloween 4 isn’t that well known and isn’t nearly as memorable as the upcoming one is

^ Wasn't in Murdy's control unfortunately.

That’s a bummer but I get it; starting to see why you said the lineup is underwhelming. I’m guessing they want 0 spoilers for the kills and the finale. Is Halloween 4 pretty good? It’s been a while since I’ve seen it but I remember a little girl in a clown costume and it being 10 years after the original

Edit - After reading the plot in Wikipedia for Halloween 4 it’s actually somewhat similar in terms of scenic to Halloween 2018; bummed we won’t get that version but Micheal is Micheal so bring it on:grin:

Last edited:
Since when did this year's speculation thread become a wish list thread? :rolleyes:

They were already used at the event in 2009... and the new movie was forgettable except for its music selection.
i think they were roaming actors too for one year. the strangers that is.

Well I remember last year people complaining that, towards the end of the Halloween season, that they bought RIP/FoL and there weren't many people there, meaning they could make every attraction in the normal line without the passes, making them unnecessary. Plus, add that with Universal lowering all the prices on some nights towards the end, I'm sure that was a wake-up call that, compared to the previous year, 2017 was a huge slump year.

i remember this as well

Since when did this year's speculation thread become a wish list thread? :rolleyes:

They were already used at the event in *2008... and the new movie was forgettable except for its music selection.

Fixed that for you.

i think they were roaming actors too for one year. the strangers that is.

The Strangers were used for 2008, both as a House of Horrors overlay, and as a scare zone.

Just to say this, to those looking to audition for this years event, you can now schedule your appointment.

USH Auditions | Universal Studios Hollywood

good luck to anyone that's doing this. I'll probably just attend as a guest probably opening weekend and see if there's been changes throughout. ran into a old friend that use to work here and said there's a lot of backstage drama and favoritism, and other nonsense. i personally can't confirm or deny this cause i never worked this event. I understand you can get that treatment at any job anywhere. crazy nonetheless.

while working at knotts I heard about this stuff as well. but you gotta go where you feel comfy. you there for fun, and to scare people as one big family / team.

The next maze announcement is reportedly Parisian Courtyard, so unless that's the Purge, I don't think they're gonna announce it. Unless...

Sure, but at the same time...It's kind of a perfect week to announce the Purge, isn't it?

I dunno, combining the above two, I almost feel like next week could be a double announcement, as one has a gimmick announcement and the other is (and I love the UCM, don't get me wrong) kinda "not hip with the kids," if you know what I mean. The higher profile properties like Poltergeist or Halloween feel like they're coming up for more "spotlight-hogging" events like ScareLA.

The next maze to be announced will be in the Backlot.

Very easy but the First Purge based on the trailer the event is viewed as atrocious or bad because of the atrocious violence/acts committed.

The next maze to be announced will be the Password Maze.

Murdy did say that he was reviewing a announcement video. Which he said he was filming back in April.

Which if he is reviewing it could mean that it could be the next maze announcement.
Horror Nights on Twitter
Q: "Will this also be for @HorrorNightsOrl like Stranger Things?"
A: "No"
Meaning it's a Hollywood Exclusive. Which the First Purge is said to be a Hollywood Exclusive.

I really hope that Halloween based on the new movie coming out this year would make its way to becoming a HHN maze. That's a clever way to promote a new movie rather than the old ones (such as Halloween 4) that barely anyone cares about.

I'd love to see Reanimator come too! I mean, just look at my avatar haha. Even a scarezone could work pretty well.

I love Re-Animator too, but the second they put something like the "head" scene in a maze, the whole event is gonna be in for a PR firestorm.

The next maze to be announced will be in the Backlot.

Stupid Question: when he says "Metro Sets," does he mean specifically the AvED/Krampus tent, or just the backlot?

Reactions: Dr. Herbert West