Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 173 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Double Post; Sorry

Also, if The First Purge is the maze he's talking about in the backlot, then I think it's safe to assume this month that maze and UCM are our two maze announcements, Midsummer Scream will probably have a scare zone announced, and maybe Terror Tram, given that Scare LA is at the end of August this year. I'm not sure if they're willing to announce during SDCC, since I know last year someone said they wouldn't due to fear of that announcement being overshadowed by those convention announcements.

Reactions: Joey
So is this Purge maze gonna be sort of a “Purge Universe” maze and encompass all 4 films & show in the maze or will it be more like From Dusk Till Dawn and have the show and The First Purge represented?

So is this Purge maze gonna be sort of a “Purge Universe” maze and encompass all 4 films & show in the maze or will it be more like From Dusk Till Dawn and have the show and The First Purge represented?

I think that would be the smart idea. Given how all our experiences with the Purge have been in outdoor settings, having an enclosed attraction should incorporate as many characters, environments, and scenarios as possible from any of the movies and/or show. Hopefully our Purge maze won't "suffer", like Orlando's, in the sense that there are obvious environments and set pieces that were originally meant for another IP, before getting scrapped at the last minute, and our maze will feel more authentic in regards to the atmosphere.

Will The Screecher return for this years hhn? What if he is the host for this year terror tram with original characters?

Will The Screecher return for this years hhn? What if he is the host for this year terror tram with original characters?
I did watch TLEV's latest video and made it through the massive amount of mistakes the video had so I'm assuming that's where you got the idea from.

The thing is... No. The Screecher is not gonna be a host for the tram with original characters.

I did watch TLEV's latest video and made it through the massive amount of mistakes the video had so I'm assuming that's where you got the idea from.

The thing is... No. The Screecher is not gonna be a host for the tram with original characters.
Yea I got it from them which gave me an idea. I really do wanna see screecher return though

That would require Murdy to be involved (unless they recast the role and actually gave the character a purpose... although, THAT would require Murdy to not be involved).

So at the moment what would you guys compare the lineup to? To me I think it has a ton of potential(2016 esque if it goes right) as long as Murdy actually cares about the mazes and won’t let them get budget slashed to death

So at the moment what would you guys compare the lineup to? To me I think it has a ton of potential(2016 esque if it goes right) as long as Murdy actually cares about the mazes and won’t let them get budget slashed to death

Honestly, I'm apprehensive. It has the capability of being executed well, however I'm not as excited for the majority of mazes on this lineup as I was for the entire 2016 lineup. Hopefully the maze and scare zone problems of last year won't rear their ugly heads in a couple of months. However, if RIP is offered again this year, I may just cash in for the FoL, the first time I've ever done that during a year that offers RIP/VIP, cause if it turns out to be a similar execution as last year, at least I won't have wasted as much money on the event, as I kind of felt last year. Then again, I'm not sure USH will be willing to have RIP again this year, given last year's unimpressive ticket sales and them having to not only decrease the prices to attract more guests to sell out, but it may not seem like a wise investment if they have another poor year, causing word of mouth again to prevent people from going this year.

Honestly... we actually legit don't know the line-up for this year well enough to be able to compare it to previous years. We legit can't speculate on what the other mazes actually might or will be until we see the facades further along. Previous years the rumored line-up was more or less dead-on, this year the event has gotten balls... curve balls.

Even without having a clear picture of what the mazes or SZs will be, we just have to hope the quality is not that of last year. And with auditions coming up on Thursday, lets hope Universal is smart enough to actually fully staff everything & NOT get slim with casting those who make the cut.

Reactions: Freak and Clive
Either that or those who truly know it decided to just keep their mouths shut.

I'm sure these forums are watched like a hawk for these events or any theme park haunt event.

Higher ups, corporate, etc.

Read somewhere in the past that they can track your email, or ip address to see if you mentioned anything prior to the park, or venue announces anything.

Think it's also in the paperwork you sign before working these events as well.

So be careful to what you say on these things. Especially people that are going for talent roles for any of these events universal, knotts, 6 flags, etc

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak and Joey
Honestly, I'm apprehensive. It has the capability of being executed well, however I'm not as excited for the majority of mazes on this lineup as I was for the entire 2016 lineup. Hopefully the maze and scare zone problems of last year won't rear their ugly heads in a couple of months. However, if RIP is offered again this year, I may just cash in for the FoL, the first time I've ever done that during a year that offers RIP/VIP, cause if it turns out to be a similar execution as last year, at least I won't have wasted as much money on the event, as I kind of felt last year. Then again, I'm not sure USH will be willing to have RIP again this year, given last year's unimpressive ticket sales and them having to not only decrease the prices to attract more guests to sell out, but it may not seem like a wise investment if they have another poor year, causing word of mouth again to prevent people from going this year.

I think there trying desperately to do whatever it takes to save this event. Well maybe