Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 174 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Was sorta expecting an announcement today...no "Something wicked this way comes" tweet either. Anyone have any idea when the next announcement is?

I didn’t think there’d be one today, given that it’s a Wednesday and a holiday where a lot of people might not be watching social media. If a Purge announcement is imminent then I’d expect it tomorrow.
According to John, a lot is going to be revealed this month. Hopefully a lot is more than two announcements. But I mean two is still better than last year

Typically when it comes to auditions, nothing actually happens... no secrets revealed, no insider info, etc etc... They literally make you stretch, act like a scary monster, then make you do something solo... thats it. There is nothing epic happening. You only know that you've either made the cut or didn't. And even if you've made the cut, you're not actually officially cast (which is a flawed system and how we end up with understaffed years like last year)...

Honestly, if the stupid Terror Tram is a legit "original" theme, they should've announced it already. Same goes for any other SZs that are also "original" like "Holidayz in Hell".

And yea, complete missed opportunity to announce The Purge (IF its actually happening) monday or tuesday BEFORE the movie came out. That would've made more people go see the new trainwreck film. Yes, I saw it last night after work. Only a few minor differences from the advanced screening, but just editing related. Hopefully the tv series isn't a letdown..

Reactions: HauntfanLA
Typically when it comes to auditions, nothing actually happens... no secrets revealed, no insider info, etc etc... They literally make you stretch, act like a scary monster, then make you do something solo... thats it. There is nothing epic happening. You only know that you've either made the cut or didn't. And even if you've made the cut, you're not actually officially cast (which is a flawed system and how we end up with understaffed years like last year)...

Honestly, if the stupid Terror Tram is a legit "original" theme, they should've announced it already. Same goes for any other SZs that are also "original" like "Holidayz in Hell". And yea, complete missed opportunity to announce The Purge (IF its actually happening) monday or tuesday BEFORE the movie came out. That would've made more people go see the new trainwreck film. Yes, I saw it last night after work. Only a few minor differences from the advanced screening, but just editing related. Hopefully the tv series isn't a letdown..

Crazy

I think the new movie is on par with the other ones. Nothing much better or worse. I'd watch it over the first one any day. Election Year is still my favorite though (by just a smidge). I can definitely see elements from the movie being used for a movie, but there's not a lot of maze material. The glowing eyes will definitely be cool. I'm sure the show will have more.

The new Purge movie terrible generic trash compared to Anarchy & Election Year. It was better than the first, but that doesn't mean much. But it is nowhere near on par with the previous two. It was lazy honestly. I'm annoyed I had to pay to see it this time around & it end up having nothing improved with reshoots.

The exploding toys alley, flashing emergency light hallway, rusty abandoned building... yea thats pretty much it for good maze environments. As for the glowing eyes, yea don't actually expect that to be a scareactor feature because it'd be very difficult. Not everyone can wear contacts & those would be expensive. The only way you'd get glowing eyes is from the 101 recycled mannequins Murdy likes to fill mazes/scarezones with.

Honestly, if the stupid Terror Tram is a legit "original" theme, they should've announced it already. Same goes for any other SZs that are also "original" like "Holidayz in Hell".

And yea, complete missed opportunity to announce The Purge (IF its actually happening) monday or tuesday BEFORE the movie came out. That would've made more people go see the new trainwreck film. Yes, I saw it last night after work. Only a few minor differences from the advanced screening, but just editing related. Hopefully the tv series isn't a letdown..

Probably like most companies / jobs they don't wanna give out more money for more people unless they have too. I've noticed that one person has access to 2 scene's in some cases in a maze. I'm pretty sure other's noticed that as well and if the maze is pretty dark most can't tell but if it has bright lighting its a clear giveaway.

And as a fellow talent / fan of these events i just wish anybody a good luck no matter where they go to be a talent at.

I've heard a lot of up's and down's behind the scene's while working at knotts about universal. whether their true or not is beyond me I've never worked there. Let's just put it this way from what I've heard people have more freedom, creativity , leway to work with as opposed to others.

I don't think they employ as many talents / backups as knotts does. but i understand where your coming from about being understaffed.

that's the casting / company fault right there at most cases. They make it hard on themselves by being selective on who they want. the masses show up but out of all those they only pick a few for some odd reason. there's a lot of random roles they can give scare zone people and a few mazes.

Last edited:
I didn’t think there’d be one today, given that it’s a Wednesday and a holiday where a lot of people might not be watching social media. If a Purge announcement is imminent then I’d expect it tomorrow.
According to John, a lot is going to be revealed this month. Hopefully a lot is more than two announcements. But I mean two is still better than last year

well as a universal property you know purge is gonna be there. im sure that's a giveaway regardless.

well as a universal property you know purge is gonna be there. im sure that's a giveaway regardless.
Yeah I’m about 98% sure The Purge is coming, I always leave a little room for doubt and that grain of salt that I take this inside info with. but I’m not speculating whether or not it’s comingc I’m trying to figure out when they’ll announce it. Seeing as the movie came out yesterday it would have been perfect had it not been a holiday. I think there’s a chance it happens today but I’m not sure how big of a chance.

Reactions: NuteGunrayWasFramed
Yeah I’m about 98% sure The Purge is coming, I always leave a little room for doubt and that grain of salt that I take this inside info with. but I’m not speculating whether or not it’s comingc I’m trying to figure out when they’ll announce it. Seeing as the movie came out yesterday it would have been perfect had it not been a holiday. I think there’s a chance it happens today but I’m not sure how big of a chance.
Usually Murdy gives some sort of heads up of an announcement though?

Part of me was skeptical of them doing an announcement during SDCC, however, with Jamie Lee Curtis apparently going to promote the new film with Blumhouse there, I can definitely see Halloween being the 4th maze announcement around that time. Perhaps UCM will be announced early next week? and of course the rest of the scare zones and Terror Tram at Midsummer scream.