Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think we were pretty clear on what I meant (since I was quoting someone discussing the Parisian streets), but feel free to try and one-up me...?

Don't take anything I say seriously/literal when I add the ":saywhat:"

Actually... There is room behind the maze but not quite enough to make a break room. My badIMG_6500.jpg

The "word around town" is that he is taking a step back but will still be working for HHN.
That is sort of what I read into his tweets last night. I think he and Universal are trying to figure out a way to have him part of the event with as little travel as possible.

If I had to guess I would think creative consultant to the new CD.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Im pretty sure they weren’t intending on getting HHN size crowds.

Been lurking on here for a while but I wanted to be a part of the discussion.

I went to the Warner Bros. "Horror Made Here" event sometime in early October and it was actually pretty neat. This was their second year doing the event but their first time having mazes (not exactly sure what they did last year if they didn't have any mazes.) They had "A Nightmare on Elm Street", "The Conjuring", and an encore of the Neibolt House from "IT". They really didn't intend on getting HHN sized crowds which is why they only sold a certain amount of tickets each night (I'd say about 300-500 maybe a bit more?) Since they only had about 4 things to do on the lot (including a nighttime tour), they really couldn't spread the crowds out as much as HHN. The lines for the mazes were pretty short too since there weren't that many people there which I'm sure is something they wanted so people can have a more "personal" experience. There were about 5-10 people in a group and we would stop in a room for a scene in the maze which is probably another reason as to why they didn't want their lot to be flooded with people waiting for a 10-15 minute experience.

TL;DR: The "Horror Made Here" event by Warner Bros. did not bomb they just intended on getting a smaller crowd and possibly testing out their event to see whether or not they want to do this again and reach a wider audience.

They had a NOES and a Conjuring maze?! I would've gone if I knew that. Had no desire for the IT maze since it looked like crap. Now I'm mad it wasn't advertised better because all I saw in promos were the tour and IT.

Somebody on this forum a while back said that "We should see something new next year", does anybody else remember that? What could've that possibly meant? Could it mean anything?

Somebody on this forum a while back said that "We should see something new next year", does anybody else remember that? What could've that possibly meant? Could it mean anything?

In terms of IPs or how the event will be run? The only things I remember seeing about next year is the likely possibilities of returning IPs and that next year's budget will apparently be the biggest ever.

Reactions: ush.hacker
In terms of IPs or how the event will be run? The only things I remember seeing about next year is the likely possibilities of returning IPs and that next year's budget will apparently be the biggest ever.

I don't quite remember. I believe it was in terms of how things run.

If the person who wrote is still active they'll remember.

So I decided to do a Tally of the Most Requested Properties by people for tweets/posts about HHN2018. I decided I would tally because it would be interesting to see what People really want. Maybe this numbers aren't 100% accurate due to people still request new propertes but here it is. Only gonna do the top ten most requested properties.

1. IT (25)
2. The Conjuring (18)
3. Scream (11)
4. TRT (8)
5. Hellraiser (8)
6. Annabelle (7)
7. Poltergeist (6)
8. Jeepers Creepers (5)
9. Universal Monsters (4)
10. Stranger Things (4)

1. IT (217)
2. Halloween (86)
3. The Conjuring (76)
4. Stranger Things (66)
5. The Exorcist (39)
6. Scream (35)
7. Hellraiser (35)
8. Jeepers Creepers (34)
9. La llorona (31)
10. TRT (31)

I'm guessing people who wanted Exorcist back must've never gone through it last year. Because with the criticisms regarding black walls this year, although I think Exorcist made it work, and the reuse of the same bedroom, as opposed to the more immersive environments of Orlando's version, I don't think it would be popular to return. And I think it's safe to say they wouldn't do a maze on the sequel, The Herectic, for obvious reasons.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
So I decided to do a Tally of the Most Requested Properties by people for tweets/posts about HHN2018. I decided I would tally because it would be interesting to see what People really want. Maybe this numbers aren't 100% accurate due to people still request new propertes but here it is. Only gonna do the top ten most requested properties.

1. IT (25)
2. The Conjuring (18)
3. Scream (11)
4. TRT (8)
5. Hellraiser (8)
6. Annabelle (7)
7. Poltergeist (6)
8. Jeepers Creepers (5)
9. Universal Monsters (4)
10. Stranger Things (4)

1. IT (217)
2. Halloween (86)
3. The Conjuring (76)
4. Stranger Things (66)
5. The Exorcist (39)
6. Scream (35)
7. Hellraiser (35)
8. Jeepers Creepers (34)
9. La llorona (31)
10. TRT (31)

IT, Halloween, Conjuring, and Stranger Things seem like a lock for next year if everything works out fine; Scream, Hellraiser, and TrT are possible but it all depends on whether they wanna do it or not. 2018 seems like it’s gonna be great since we’re most likely not getting any repeats. I’m surprised with how requested Jeepers Creepers is; seems not everyone knows the backstory about it.

IT, Halloween, Conjuring, and Stranger Things seem like a lock for next year if everything works out fine; Scream, Hellraiser, and TrT are possible but it all depends on whether they wanna do it or not. 2018 seems like it’s gonna be great since we’re most likely not getting any repeats. I’m surprised with how requested Jeepers Creepers is; seems not everyone knows the backstory about it.

I wouldn't say it's seeming like a lock for IT, Halloween, Conjuring, and ST. And that I honestly need to stress this, I doubt a chance in hell until the rights to Scream and Hellraiser go from their parent companies; that they are to be used for HHN.

Although, we have to remind ourselves that the 2018 year seems to be a possible full on adjustment period, if there is what is seeming to be a new CD taking the place of Murdy. I have to think that at this point, if there are ANY IP's locked in as immediates (outside of AHS and TWDA for Obvious Reasons) may not make the cut at first, if they reshuffle the house.

I think a lot of people do, it's just they wanna separate a horror entity from the director's crime. I don't think anyone excuses what he did, but it's not fair that an awesome horror property has to suffer because of actions of the director years before the first movie was made, which is why there are horror fans that hold that IP as a hopeful thing. Also, even though those properties seem really solid, as I want to see them, my main fear is next year, despite the rumor of the major budget increase, they may try to go for IPs that aren't as expensive to replicate into a live attraction. I know I mentioned this a while back, but with properties like AVP, The Thing, AWIL, Krampus, and other monster-based IP attractions, the budget needs to be big enough for animatronics, puppets, and elaborate costumes and masks. Knowing how HHN will sometimes try to cut corners with costs in some attractions, I know it can be a possibility that they'll utilize IPs either from the past or upcoming ones (The Strangers 2 and Halloween), that won't demand a lot of money being allocated into the specific maze. Especially seeing how John was raving about the feedback of this year on Twitter, I'm hoping that's not a sign the higher ups and HHN creative team are gonna make similar mistakes and actions next year.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
What I would really like to see next year is a return of the T2/Minions venue. Enough time has passed to where that extended queue has fulfilled its purpose for demand. They should use that space for a house again. It’s a lot of space, it’s the closest we would have to a sound stage house, and it would bring traffic back over to that area. It would also allow for scarezones in that area again.
Heck yeah! 3rd year La Llorona lets go!
Yeah, let’s waste a venue on something that can offer something brand new for something that’s already been done twice. No thank you.

I'll agree with @Freak, and while I have La Llorona in the top three for me; I do think it's run it's course as a original character.

Honestly, I hope to god they tackle things that are NOT Urban Legends or Clowns if they do original mazes again for HHN '18.

The only exception I would make with Urban Legends, is if they are tackled more from European legends, or Asian legends. There is a huge well that could be tapped with either that I would much perfer that as opposed to Mexican urban legends.

Reactions: HHNManics and Freak
What I would really like to see next year is a return of the T2/Minions venue. Enough time has passed to where that extended queue has fulfilled its purpose for demand. They should use that space for a house again. It’s a lot of space, it’s the closest we would have to a sound stage house, and it would bring traffic back over to that area. It would also allow for scarezones in that area again.
Correct me if I'm wrong but T2/Minions was used for stuff like HOTC, right?