Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they're smart they might try to spin it as a throwback year.
Even though their choice of throwback mazes isnt exactly what most people would want.
Though honestly if theyre just doing a Halloween 4-esque conversion of what they already have built, i probably wouldn't mind that.
At that point it's better than a straight copy of the 2018 maze, practically just a Halloween themed original a la blood brothers.

I mean, are we really gonna pretend like Paranormal Inc. isn't kind of dull seven years in? I guess folks can do that if they want but idk . . .

Again, these "problems" that require a "reboot" of the overall design, format, and strategy of HHN aren't actually "problems" at all, IMO. It all seems to boil down to a personal preference of "I don't like black walls and boo holes." Nobody here does. And nobody here is saying that the event couldn't use a shot in the arm in certain ways. But let's not act like other events don't get stagnant or recycle things or rely on the same stuff year in and year out. I mean, come on.
IMG_20210718_131725.jpg

Kinda funny when you think about it
In 2018 we assumed we were getting Rob Zombies halloween, then we assumed it was gonna be H2018, turned out to be Halloween 4 and a lotta people were disappointed.
In 2021 we assumed we were getting Halloween 3, then we assumed it was gonna be Halloween Kills, turned out to be Halloween 4 and a lotta people are disappointed.
History repeats itself in funny ways.
(They shouldve repeated Halloween 2 instead though)

In all honesty I would've been more disappointed with Halloween 3. Would I prefer Halloween Kills? Yes but at the same time I don't want the maze to spoil the movie. So 4 is as good as it gets.

Y’all acting like we didn’t just get out of one of the worst pandemics of the century. Hollywood had a strong lineup planned and everything fell through due to contracts or other reasons likely out of their control. But let’s go through the reboots:

-TCM will be a maze that we haven’t seen before, just a new take on a property they’ve done. It could be much better than y’all think.
-The Exorcist is one of the best mazes they’ve done now in a bigger space. Those who didn’t get to do it are excited. I’m excited.
-Pandora’s Box is an original a lot of people loved and I know a few people excited to see it back.
-Halloween, whether Halloween Kills or Halloween 4, will probably not be the same as Halloween 4 in 2018. But even if it is, that maze was fantastic.

I’m not saying y’all aren’t entitled to your frustrations with how this year is turning out but I want you all to remember that Hollywood as it stands right now may not have the budget, resources, and/or staff to make the event the best they can this year. And that’s okay. It’s fine to be frustrated but please keep in mind that there are still people that had to design, build, write, and staff these mazes, and you should at least give them a chance before dunking on them based purely on what property it’s based on. It’s discouraging to those who worked on them, especially when they’re likely feeling the same frustrations you are that their original plans for the mazes fell through.

-TCM will be a maze that we haven’t seen before, just a new take on a property they’ve done. It could be much better than y’all think.
-The Exorcist is one of the best mazes they’ve done now in a bigger space. Those who didn’t get to do it are excited. I’m excited.
-Pandora’s Box is an original a lot of people loved and I know a few people excited to see it back.
-Halloween, whether Halloween Kills or Halloween 4, will probably not be the same as Halloween 4 in 2018. But even if it is, that maze was fantastic.
1. Murdy already confirmed TCM is an exact repeat of the 2012 Maze with a few tweaks. Pretty divisive maze right there.

2. The Exorcist was a pretty fine maze but was loaded with black walls. It doesn't help that we have had so many mazes over the past 3 years copying the formula of that maze.
3. Pandora’s Box was extremely divisive in the HHN Community and while it did well with GP Holidayz ranked higher than it.
4. Halloween 4 was a pretty bad maze and the fact that they lost Halloween 3 in June (I'm assuming then because they took down the sign then) is really bad for this maze.

Like I get it that we just had a Pandemic and Hollywood lost properties but you gotta roll with the punches and if you're gonna repeat mazes why not repeat ones that are higher rated than the ones they selected?

Insidious 2015, Krampus, Halloween 2, TCM BB, Poltergeist, Holidayz, Klowns, Us. Like it's easy.

Or better yet just do what Orlando does and keep the sets and stuff and just go over it easily like they did using Hive and Purge as replacements. We have tons of options in terms of original concepts.

There is options is what I'm trying to say.

1. Murdy already confirmed TCM is an exact repeat of the 2012 Maze with a few tweaks. Pretty divisive maze right there.

2. The Exorcist was a pretty fine maze but was loaded with black walls. It doesn't help that we have had so many mazes over the past 3 years copying the formula of that maze.
3. Pandora’s Box was extremely divisive in the HHN Community and while it did well with GP Holidayz ranked higher than it.
4. Halloween 4 was a pretty bad maze and the fact that they lost Halloween 3 in June (I'm assuming then because they took down the sign then) is really bad for this maze.

Like I get it that we just had a Pandemic and Hollywood lost properties but you gotta roll with the punches and if you're gonna repeat mazes why not repeat ones that are higher rated than the ones they selected?

Insidious 2015, Krampus, Halloween 2, TCM BB, Poltergeist, Holidayz, Klowns, Us. Like it's easy.

Or better yet just do what Orlando does and keep the sets and stuff and just go over it easily like they did using Hive and Purge as replacements. We have tons of options in terms of original concepts.

There is options is what I'm trying to say.

It’s not so easy as that.
All I’m saying is that I see a crap ton of negativity on the Hollywood thread based purely on what you’ve heard instead of seen. I want people in the thread to give the event a chance before dragging down both the event and the people that worked a whole year on it.
I get the frustration, I am frustrated too. But it’s not any good at this point to complain about it. I say we go ahead and focus on the positives for once. It’ll help improve the whole vibe.

That’s all I’ll say on this, as I don’t feel like debating it. But just give it some thought y’all, please. I want the HHN community to be a more positive place :)

Weirdly enough I'm excited for The Exorcist just because it's in a soundstage but everything else... cmon man. It's literally cherry picking from events past. 2016 was like that sure, but at least it did it with icons over the exact same properties.

Also the notion of being positive about it is just, bleh. Criticism does go a long way. Believe me, it's not hating for the sake of wanting this event to suck. I still think its the best of the LA Haunts but damn, it's just a shadow of itself at this point.

I feel like we can cut them some slack this year, its not like they actively chose to replace all the new promising properties with things theyve already done before.
Especially since every other major haunt event in the state relies pretty heavily on exact repeats.
To me, they just really have to pick back up again next year. This year gets a pass for the sheer amount of compromises that had to be made, and its a bit of a miracle that they were able to hold it at all given the circumstances. I can't think of another year where they had to lose 3 different mazes.
As for the HHN Hollywood community as a whole, it waxes and wanes in terms of positivity and negativity. Just as much as I can't think of another year where this many mazes were lost, I can't think of a year where there wasnt a significant portion expecting the event to suck.

I feel like we can cut them some slack this year, its not like they actively chose to replace all the new promising properties with things theyve already done before.
Especially since every other major haunt event in the state relies pretty heavily on exact repeats.
To me, they just really have to pick back up again next year. This year gets a pass for the sheer amount of compromises that had to be made, and its a bit of a miracle that they were able to hold it at all given the circumstances. I can't think of another year where they had to lose 3 different mazes.
As for the HHN Hollywood community as a whole, it waxes and wanes in terms of positivity and negativity. Just as much as I can't think of another year where this many mazes were lost, I can't think of a year where there wasnt a significant portion expecting the event to suck.
Exactly this.

Reactions: Bojack and Banshee