Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH): Reviews, Photos, & Videos | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH): Reviews, Photos, & Videos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
2022 Mazes Ranked
Halloween
La Llorona
UHH
Scarecrow Reaping
UM:LC
Horrors of Blumhouse
KKFOS
TW: AHN
Terror Tram

Overall score - 7
I thought the event and houses were cool. No standout houses. Terror tram was terrible. La Llorona was the most creative design I saw there. Being there all night due to long lines did take its toll but still got through the entire event.

2022 Mazes Ranked
Halloween
La Llorona
UHH
Scarecrow Reaping
UM:LC
Horrors of Blumhouse
KKFOS
TW: AHN
Terror Tram

Overall score - 7
I thought the event and houses were cool. No standout houses. Terror tram was terrible. La Llorona was the most creative design I saw there. Being there all night due to long lines did take its toll but still got through the entire event.
Out of curiosity, what order did you do at the event?

Part 2 of my review

The theme of the event to me is “cool.” Everything about it was cool but nothing more than that. TT was pointless. They need to create a new character/story and leave JP properties alone.
The worst part was finding out the houses start at 6:30?! WTF?! I’m used to houses starting at 5:30. Universal lost their damn minds pulling that move.
The first 2 houses weren’t scary so that already knocked my score down. I thought they looked good and had spots for jump scares. I did get wet a couple times. I give credit for producing original houses. Toxxxic tunnel needs to be brought back along with the 3rd level lower lot. I think the event would be better if I bought express but from a houses perspective, last year was better.

This is how I went in order

Weeknd, KKFOS, LC, food, Hotel, Llorona, TT, Halloween, Scarecrow, Blumhouse

That’s an order that’ll have you waiting long.

It’s better to whatever 1 or 2 houses (max 2) before official event opening at 7 (klowns at early entry but this has to be first and not paired with weeknd, la llorona at 6:30, or weeknd but only if you’re lined up before early entry) that will get you on time to rope drop halloween and scarecrow at 6:45-7, then do the upper lot and tram then go to lower lot as wait times die later.

Reactions: JS610
1. Scarecrow: The Reaping - WOW! Over my two trips I got 3 run throughs of this, each more intense than the last. New all time Hollywood favorite. Great set design, it felt like I was seeing something new every time. This is probably the scariest Hollywood house I’ve been through as well. Some of the scares are hidden so well, and it’s just absolutely relentless in the best way possible.

2. The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare - I was very skeptical but this is the house I got through the most this year, 5 times, and each was amazing. Noticed new effects, scares, and characters each time. This turned me into a bigger Weeknd fan for sure. Love the character designs, and this house really felt like it took advantage of SS29

3. La Llorona: The Weeping Woman - No surprise that this is amazing. I only went through 2012’s once and that was my first year, so I was so excited to get to revisit it this year. Didn’t disappoint. Great sets, great characters, great scares

4. Universal Monsters: Legends Collide - This one didn’t stick with me my first trip. My 2 run throughs were meh, but my second trip, WOW! The cast found their groove and were nailing all the scares. Yeah that long stretch of black sucks but if that’s the majority of black walls this year I’ll honestly take it. Couldn’t believe the size of some of the warehouse scenes for being in the Mummy tent

5. Halloween - I had this above legends after my first trip, but my second trip it was meh. Had great run throughs and great scares the first trip but the second trip was a terrible run through and ops at this house were AWFUL compared to everywhere else. It’s an upgraded version of 2015, it’s one of the better Halloween houses we’ve had, but Michael needs a long long vacation

These are houses I didn’t repeat my second trip. Had express the first trip but not second.
6. The Horrors of Blumhouse - I enjoyed both these films, which separates this Blumhouse from the previous 2. Freaky was great, had cool effects and some great scenes, but Black Phone was very short and I don’t feel was a great representation of the movie. I will say, I felt a strong sense of dread walking past the shirtless grabber, and he didn’t even hit his trigger.

7. Universal Horror Hotel - Yeah this is a shock for being at the bottom. I normally love originals but I think express ruined this one for me. I didn’t have time to really pick up on the story in the queue. Most of the scares I could see coming from a mile away as well. I will say, the sets were cool and I’m surprised by how much they’re able to fit in TWD. Looking forward to further use of the venue

8. Killer Klowns From Outer Space - Yeah I loved the 2019 one so much, this one just didn’t do it for me. 2019 was SO much fun because of the actor interactions, but I went through when the house was poorly staffed and didn’t have as much fun. Not making any upgrades or improvements is a bit of a let down too. At least I still love the 2019 one

Overall this is a REALLY good year for Hollywood. Things are on the right track. The future of this event is very bright

Wow, this is a super helpful video (missing the Weeknd music videos in the queue, but not entirely necessary)! Makes me realize they really need to add these elements more throughout the queue instead of just the facade. There's no way you'd be able to see (let alone hear) even 1/4 of the information in La Llorona, Halloween, or Legends Collide from the angle of GA's queue.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I've always wondered... what the heck is that pencil drawing at the end of the Halloween pre-show?
I've been meaning to ask that since day one because I also have no idea.

Does anyone have footage of the mini-show they do on the upper lot that supposedly replaced opening scaramonies? I've never seen it or heard anyone talk about it.

Glad I'm not the only one who has no clue what that sketch is! :lol:

I don't have video footage, but I have seen the mini show. Basically, the stilt-walker "Ringmaster" gathers up all the Sideshow performers (they circle around him), he introduces each one, and at the end, they and a few chainsaws rush the crowd. Nothing too extravegent, but it is nice to see throughout the evening.

Reactions: Clive
Glad I'm not the only one who has no clue what that sketch is! :lol:

I don't have video footage, but I have seen the mini show. Basically, the stilt-walker "Ringmaster" gathers up all the Sideshow performers (they circle around him), he introduces each one, and at the end, they and a few chainsaws rush the crowd. Nothing too extravegent, but it is nice to see throughout the evening.
I haven’t seen the original in a while. I have no idea what it’s referencing but I know it’s supposed to be a drawing of Michael in the bushes

Went last night for what will likely be my last visit for this year. Some takeaways:

-Gameplan for me was using early entry, doing Weeknd first, then Monsters, ran upstairs to do Halloween, then Scarecrow. Went to Tram then did Blumhouse, Horror Hotel, breaked for an hour and a half to get food and espresso to keep me going, La Llorona (That line was LONG), then Hotel one more time right before closing. Decided to skip Klowns because I'm over it. I arrived at 2 to be able to get some rides in.

-Noticed several missing spots not filled by any scareactors. I guess the added night didn't help staffing issues at all. There were several spots in Blumhouse that were missing, Anubis in UM was missing again for me. Even Crowdaddy in Scarecrow was missing! Boooo!

-Finally got the pizza fries! Waited 45 minutes to get them but I finally tried them! Kinda like them slightly more than Florida's. WIsh they would use sausage instead of pepperoni though.

-In Hotel I finally got a scare in that door hallway right before you go beneath where that prison catwalk from TWDA would be and right before you go into the dungeon. Never got a scare in that hallway before. Also I never noticed there was an AA rat in that scene where all of those bodies are buried. Seriously never saw that before. Also Im saw a technician staring down from one of the catwalks above observing the house. Imagine being able to stand up there and observe the entire house in action from up there. lol

-Turns out the method of getting up to the backstage houses right at or before 7 worked like a charm! Only waited 20 min for Halloween and 20 for Scarecrow, which is the shortest wait I've had to experience for those two houses.

-Line management was much better. At least for Halloween and Scarecrow they were as those were the biggest offenders. They clearly listened. The ratio of letting in standby and Express felt a lot more balanced. Hope they keep this in mind for next year.

-Waited two hours for La Llorona. That was brutal. Still got a really good runthrough.

Overall had a great final night. My rankings have been updated:

1. Scarecrow
2. La Llorona
3. Hotel
4. Monsters
5. Weeknd
6. Halloween
7. Blumhouse
8. Klowns

I might try my best to sneak in one more night on the 30th, but if not, I enjoyed this year. Look forward to speculation in a couple of weeks!

One Last Review - 2PM Entry Experience (Oct 22)

Went for my last round of HHN and spoiler alert, had a total blast. Probably the best run throughs I had of any of the mazes all season. I'll try to keep this short.

2PM Entry
I had just got an annual pass but came with people who had 2PM entry, so it's basically like I had it too. Arrived and all the lines were insane. It was so crowded, it made no sense. Just for quick reference, I wouldn't say it was this crowded later in the night either. I think maybe they just oversold 2PM entry and the daytime guests intermingling with HHN folks was just insane. First, I wanna say the wristband situation is hilariously not communicated to those who have annual passes. Asked a lady at the front just for verification, and she said wristbands are at box office. Cool, went to box office. She says come back at 3:30. Uh, okay. Come back at 3:30 and now I'm in a 10 minute line. Go to the same lady, she says to just go right outside. There's a guy standing there with no signage and with only one person he's checking in and giving wristbands out. Like, literally that could've just been said from the beginning, but whatever. Unfortunately, didn't have time to plan a lunch beforehand, so figure I'd grab something quick when entering the park. Bumblebee taco truck took me 30 minutes just to get some simple, terrible tacos...there were people around me waiting 15 minutes before me and still didn't get their food until after me. For reference on how long it took, I entered at 2, ordered, finally got my tacos, ate them super quick and by the time I was finished with that, it was already the 3:30pm time to get my wristband. All the lines for food were insane, so there was no finding a quicker place. Went to get on Secret Life of Pets (never been on it and it says 35 mins on the app), and just as I got there, it switched to virtual queue with entry at 5, so that's a no go. At this point, it's almost 4 and we literally only have time for maybe 1 ride since everything is 60-90 minutes. We figure let's head to Jurassic and see if it's over exaggerating. Nope, line goes all the way back to the old Insidious location area. We turn around and head to single rider -- it's the only option at this point. Just as I get in single rider, an employee closes it off -- not sure why, but good thing I got in there. Pretty much all of my party of 6 got on the ride together in batches. Went off to do Mummy with single rider also -- same-ish thing happened, so that worked like a charm. Felt sorry for my group who got the 2PM entry and only were able to do 2 rides, but oh well, it's 5pm and it's time to line up for the first maze.

KILLER KLOWNS had nobody by it, so it was great to be maybe 5th in line. Line-up opened around 5:20ish. Maze opened promptly at 6:00 (was missing the old man out front though) and got in at 6:01 after they shuffled Express in. This was a much better run through of the maze but that's not saying much. It's still pretty lackluster performance-wise (as much as I hate to say that) and there's tons of scares missing. But at least I had a bit more fun this time because of some stand out moments. However, for tonight, I still have to give it an --
F

Lined up for UNIVERSAL MONSTERS at 6:09 and the maze opened promptly at 6:15. Was in the maze at 6:19. I have come to appreciate this maze a whole lot. Something never clicked for me on a set design level, but this time I felt fairly immersed in it. Scareactors were on point and I even got a repeat of this maze later on at 1:26am. They were still on fire then too. The threeway scare at the end is the best part, for sure. Again, I still like the other UCM mazes more, but it was still a very worthy entry.
A

Got back up the escalators and waited for Potter to open -- was basically first in front of the entry ways on the side. People were running, so there was still a huge chunk of people that got ahead of me. Went to Halloween at 6:53, maze opened at 7, and was in by 7:03. God, I am so glad I learned not to do Weeknd first -- the time you save is ASTRONOMICAL. Anyway, I had the best run through of this one than I did on any trip. Michaels were pretty in our face and a lot more aggressive. I actually didn't hate it this time and had fun. For tonight, I am going to give it a --
C

SCARECROW was sporting a 30 minute wait at 7:08, but was actually only 8 minutes, got in at 7:16. My first two runs of this maze on previous trips, the maze felt more action packed while in a conga line. This time, nobody was ahead of me, so I slowly went through and it was a much different experience, as I felt the dread build in a much different way. It was only when the scares came that it felt action packed. I'm used to these guys having tighter intervals with the scares, but this time they waited for their prey. I think I prefer overall the intense insanity of attack-attack-attack, but I sitll loved seeing it like this and it made me appreciate it in a different way. This was my group's favorite until this point, for sure. I definitely think this is maze of the year, although I still have a lot of love for Hotel which was my favorite on Night 1.
A

TRAM said 30 minutes but was only 11, got in at 7:48. The opening was rocking, but Bates Motel was kinda dead. There was only one cat in the alley area. Things didn't pick up again until the plane wreckage. The Us characters were great performance-wise in Jupiter's Claim, but I think the timing was just a bit off when we went because Jean Jacket came when we first walked through -- I think it's much better if it's time if he comes more towards the middle-end. So we weren't getting attacked until the final third of the set, so it kinda just made for a "meh" experience. Super shout out to the an US girl who I saw toward the end bend overbackwards until her head dang near touched the floor -- it was INSANE and I wish I caught it on camera. Also, thankfully they stopped the terrible Munsters trailer at the end and instead showed a villains package -- much prefarbale, but still should find something more Halloween-esque. Overall, this was my worst experience on Tram and I already had a low opinion of it. Some great scareactors here though.
D-

Went to BLUMHOUSE as it said 40 minutes, but it was 26, got in at 8:46. I had the timing off on ALL the scares for almost the entirity. My first two times, and especially my Night 2 visit, were insane, but this was sadly my worst run through of this maze. I was sad to see it a final time and just have everything poorly timed. Still some fun moments though as a maze overall. Tonight, sadly --
D

Did dinner and grabbed some pizza. Ate for an hour simply because we were very good on our schedule.

LA LLORONA said 90 minutes at 10:09 and thought it'd be okay since we were so good on time, one long line wouldn't hurt. It was luckily a bit shorter than that at 77 minutes and we were in at 11:27. This may have been my best run through of the maze, but still I am not impressed by this version. Every time though, my group always says this is their favorite, even if we miss a good whole chunk of scares. I think simply just the feeling of the maze creates a dread the other mazes don't. This whole year, I still have not seen the scare on the bridge. I also finally saw a human in the mouth on the bed. Missed the giant puppet at the end -- there was some cast switching towards the second half of the maze. I don't know, this version is just fine to me and pales in comparison to the originals.
B-

Just a note: LINE CUTTING was insane tonight. Saw plenty of people just be bold and go for it unabashedly. Two times it nearly effected me -- these blonde teenage girls were just jumping from place to place behind me while in line for La Llorona until the people in front of them saw and told them to go, so each time they'd just be like "oh no, how do we get out," and move further up the line. They then tried to go in front of me, but I moved my way in front of them. Guy behind me wasn't having it though, got into it with them, and went to get security -- the girls finally left the line. They had waited at least 40 minutes or so though, honestly they should've just got in line like normal -- if you're gonna cut, go to the front bahaha. Just like I saw this guy do at Hotel. Right at the building entrance, he just slipped on in under the ropes with his girlfriend. Again, tried to do it in front of me but I just went in front of him. People behind me didn't seem to notice though. However, really dumb maze to cut for as it's always the shortest line of the night. He maybe only cut 5 minutes of line, even if it was towards the front half.

HOTEL said 50 mintues, but it was only 25, got in at 11:59. This wasn't as good as my first night, but better than my second night. I still give this maze major props for feeling the longest and evolving at a good pace. We didn't get the door scares like we did last time, but it was still overall a really fun time. I don't know, I just love it.
A-

Had time to do JABBAWOCKEEZ, caught the 12:30am show. It was entertaining for the first half. After the karaoke scene, it all kinda reached a peak. Second half was meh. I really cannot wait for these guys to leave this theater though -- like seriously, I think they've had a longer time here than Bill & Ted's run after 2007. Please Universal, PLEASE. Decent foot rest time though, so --
C

Hit Transformers and a repeat of Monsters, wasting time for it to get more toward the end of the night for WEEKND. Things were slowing down by 1:32, so they were already putting away a lot of the line. Got in at 1:49... this is the best I've seen this maze, but it's still not saying much for me. The cast were trying different tactics than I've seen them do before, just a bit more in your face at tighter intervals. Still nowhere near something I enjoy, overall, though. Plenty of time to hit a repeat of it, but we were all zonked out by that point, and it seemed to be very low on everyone's list of enjoyment.
D-

OVERALL
Despite some seriously low graded stuff, the good stuff this year is pretty good. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any stand out classics. This year will stick out in my mind as them putting the most effort and budget into the event as a whole though, when it comes to decorations and trying new things out in the park itself. I give them props for wanting it to be more HALLOWEEN. I think maze selection will be very important though, if they wish to continue a good streak. If they're going to repeat something, don't do something tired or something so recent, it feels boring. La Llorona was a good choice, I just wish they did the best version of that maze. Killer Klownz and Halloween? No, too recent and too overdone. I appreciate them taking risks, but I also really wish they'd stick to things that strictly ARE horror instead of trying to convince me it's horror -- sorry Weeknd. Good year though, just not great.

Here is my final maze ranking and grading for the year:
Scarecrow: The Reaping - A
Universal Monsters: Legends Collide - A-
Universal Horror Hotel - A-
Horrors of Blumhouse: Vol 3. - B+
La Llorona - B-
Terror Tram - D
The Weeknd - D-
Halloween - F
Killer Klowns - F

Did two nights, first night was 2PM D/N with Express, and second night was General Admission. Will try to get my thoughts, but if I had to rank it with my past 4 years of HHN,

Want to start by talking in D/N, as it is a criminal and great option. I was able to get every house done, and to enjoy my time with family. I was also able to finally ride Pets (will talk about that elsewhere) and got a perfect Studio Tour run despite Jaws and Six Points being as they are. I even got the elusive weekday Courthouse Square moment.

To move more deeply, I also want to get these two out of the way, the Scarezones and Jabba.

Jabba I took as recommendation by former IU member Jonathan Green, in desire of my last time for Castle Theater to be a good one. And despite the volume being too loud, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I even got to participate for the karaoke moment. Wonder what's happen next year, but if Jabbas days are Nearing the end, then this was a good one to go out on.

Scarezone wise, I didn't get to experience them as much but to give more simple rankings albeit..
1: Death Eaters (The effects and lighting makes this worth it)
2: Sideshow Slaughterhouse (that show bit)
3: El Pueblo Del Terror (felt like a really good epilogue for La Llorona. Didn't get to see any actors, but loved the themes.
4: Haunted Forest
5: Clownsawz

Death Eaters is such a fantastic offering. Really love how they wove the group into the event; despite it not being scary--at all, it was great to see Hogsmeade given the love and care that it should for HHN. Massive props to the projections on Hogwarts as-well. Both me and the family member I was with, was mesmerized by how good it looked on the castle.

Now, to tackle Houses. Like last time, I'll start with anticipated and go from there.

Anticipated:
1: The Weeknd After Hours Nightmare
2: Scarecrow
3: La Llorona
4: Universal Horror Hotel
5: Legends Collide
6: Terror Tram
7: Halloween
8: Killer Klowns
9: The Horrors of Blumhouse.

To start with worst to best, I should get it out of the way.

Universal Horror Hotel. (One Run)
For a house that I genuinely had high hopes given the premise, the concept, and the plot; I found it as the least interesting and the least intense of the event. Even with a house I'll talk about later on; it felt like a handmedown. I'll give props for the quick period of time to get this house out, and the inital effects from the first half; but it felt too long for it's own good, and too wide for it's own good. Glad to see the immersion blended in properly with the house for the hotel; but it needed more time in the oven. Ranking: F+

Killer Klowns From Outer Space. (Two Runs)
Jumping up slightly from Horror Hotel, but not getting as far is Killer Klowns. I finally got to see the preshow, and I liked how that was handled; and I think what I find great, is how much fun the actor dynamics are. Especially for the Klowns themselves at various points (especially in the latter half). But perhaps it's me, but it felt...really cheap. The overabundance of black walls; the lack of real and substancial changes to make it better, and the keeping of a bad ending. It has the best promo out of the entire event teasers, but that doesn't mean it makes up for a problematic house in ways i can't give a pass on. Ranking: D-

Halloween. (One Run)
This is my first time with Michael, and I think the jump in quality compared to both Klowns and Horror felt really good, and I got one good scare with the sheet sequence. But perhaps it was due to how people kept talking about it, but something..didn't feel right with it. This is probably going to be the more confusing of the placements; but my time with Halloween didn't leave as much of a desire to see more out of Michael; and that's a shame as I know many loved how Halloween has been made as a franchise for HHN to use. Perhaps if they can do something unique with it, I can give it another go; but for now, I just find myself..meh'ed on it. Ranking: D

Legends Collide. (Two Runs)
So I want to preface the two runs here, as it has two very different thoughts. First run was early in the night, I got a lot of the scares; I got the final scare before Anubis, and I love how layered the theming can be when it gets the chance to go nuts. The second run, was with the conga line. And I didn't get any scares, I saw a lot more of the issues on the house more properly; such as the hallway of darkness; and how much that takes up the house. I kind of wish it was trimmed down, as it could've been shorter than what it was. However, for my first run: I had a much better experience than any of the times I went into Frankenstein v. Wolfman. And I think overall, it has a lot of really good elements with the projections, the makeup, and the sets. It's just that black wall hallway that ruins it. Ranking: C-

I'm gonna break this down into two posts, as it's getting long as it is.

Part two in the houses, and here's where I get to lay down some aspects.

Terror Tram (One Run)
What a jump in quality from 2012 to 2022. Something I really love about Terror Tram is just how well the Hollywood Harry Halloween meshes itself well into the tone and atmosphere of the event this year; and the variety in the sequences is genuinely fantastic for this experience. My favorite bits is Black Cat Alley and Jupiter's Claim; but I genuinely found a lot to love with this. Perhaps it comes down to the time from my last TT to this one, but consider me in love with what they did.

To talk about Jupiter's Claim--nighttime is where it truly is at. The sound design in it is impeccable; and the choreography between the Tethered, the Claim members; and how they clash alongside the sounds of Jean Jacket is absolutely great. Really curious where they go from here, but I'm happy to see the tram extended like this--even if Jupiter's Claim feels like something distinctly separate from the Hollywood Harry Halloween 3 quarters. Ranking: B

The Horrors of Blumhouse (Two Runs)
...So, this is where I drop that laying down. The Horrors of Blumhouse is perhaps the most surprising house to me for this year. I really, really love how well they handled both Freaky's comedic style with the horror; and how dark The Black Phone was. A very weird tonal clash that works intensely well. I really wish Freaky was extended to a full house; as I love what Murdy and the team did here with it; and I actively like how they handled The Grabber's home and how it transitions from the upper floor to the Basement. Had good vibes but needed more with my first, and the second run highly impressed me on how active these actors can go. Ranking: A-

The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare (Two Runs)
Top three, and I'd like to tackle first and foremost a past comment, in that this was the least scary house at the event. That can be a turnoff for those who would want a intense house; but that wasn't the tone I got at for The Weeknd. Visually, it's a really stunning and fascinating look to see how the narrative meshes and moves with the visuals from the music videos. If I had to give a negative, it's actually the queue audio. I wish there was more audio outside of the house. In that I wish they went full distance in having more than the five tracks from DFM, AH, and Starboy. In the wealth of The Weeknd's audio, I wish they had Call Out My Name, I Feel It Coming, and House of Balloons present; to give it that full embracement of The Weeknd.

It's not scary, and I don't think it needs to be in this case. It feels like the new answer to Stranger Things, in just how massive the line was for him; and how congested it can be. But thanks to op teams for The Weeknd, the queue goes by quick; and the pulsing groups is not that much from my two gos with it. I want to see where they go further with The Weeknd, I wanted DawnFM this year; and I hope it gets it's chance next year for the visuals. Ranking: A-

La Llorona (One Run)
I didn't get the chance to do a second run, I had plans too; but timing didn't pan out. La Llorona is an unsettling master-work that expertly combines what makes her houses that good; into a package that can be used as a gateway for new fans. For fans who never got the chance to see what is possible with Universal; and how far they can go. The lake scene is just as unsettling as it was, the scareactors were in top form (especially the stilt before the man-eater segment); and I love how well it blends itself with the entirety of the upper deck. Genuinely floored by Universal; as I can't think of a negative on this one. Ranking: S.

...And with that, it leaves one more. Back in the past, my GOAT's consisted of Alice Cooper Goes to Hell, La Llorona, and Us. La Llorona stays as it is; but damnit if my number one surpasses all of them.

Scarecrow: The Reaping (Two Runs)
Scarecrow The Reaping is the best house that Hollywood has done. It's not disturbing like La Llorona, but in what they have curated; I would call it a haunting and enamoring house that none of the other houses Hollywood has done can get too. From the visuals of the facade; how it lights itself, the sound design with the original audio made for the house, and the scenic enveloping as much as it does. It sets itself within the first few moments; and going into it, it did more and more to wow and impress.

In it's haunting nature, it's also perhaps the most intense out of any of the houses this year; with just how much they layer it thick with the intensity and frequency of the scares, the blending of the various scenic moments (the bird room got me), and the quality of the moments. This feels like the gold example of what a Halloween Horror Nights house should be; in it's quality, in it's scale, and in it's execution. Hats off to Murdy and the team for making a genuinely amazing house. Ranking: S+

The final ranking list as follows.
1: Scarecrow: The Reaping
2: La Llorona: The Weeping Woman
3: The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmares
4: Horrors of Blumhouse
5: Terror Tram
6: Universal Monsters: Legends Collide
7: Halloween
8: Killer Klowns From Outer Space

9: Universal Horror Hotel

Genuine props to Murdy, can't wait for next year.

And that wraps up the season for me! Tram was really well staffed tonight!! Best run I’ve had by a mile. Weeknd kinda struggled with staffing, other than that all my runs were really good (my best Scarecrow run easily). Overall rankings coming very soon