Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if I should say this but I visited the Netflix headquarters once and they had this huge lawn chair with the HHN 28 art and it was signed by Mike and orlando people….there wasn’t anything of the sort involving Hollywood’s. Also the way murdy talked about stranger things 2 in his retrospective made it sound like it wasn’t really his favorite thing in the world that’s the only evidence I really have for there being a thing between Hollywood and Netflix and things others have hinted at but I personally don’t know anything about it.
hammer-picture-id96319218

Yeah after 2019's ST house, it's probably better we don't get it. Would rather the sound stage be used for something different.
If the rumor is true that this year has a bigger budget I would’ve liked to see a better take on stranger things here and that’s coming from someone who doesn’t really like the show. But if Orlando gets it Yknow whatever good on them I won’t be upset or anything

If the rumor is true that this year has a bigger budget I would’ve liked to see a better take on stranger things here and that’s coming from someone who doesn’t really like the show. But if Orlando gets it Yknow whatever good on them I won’t be upset or anything

A bigger budget can't help a maze that's poorly designed from the get-go, and that's what folks were saying about ST 2019.

I've always been envious of the Orlando houses and it always bugged how the Orlando crowd thought theirs was weak in its last iteration. It was insanely impressive.

Being one who did experience both Orlando's ST's, I had very low expectations for 2018 and I was blown away. It was a lot scarier than I thought it would be, the look-alikes were fantastic, it honestly impressed me from beginning to end.

As for 2019, well it certainly had effort put into it. There were some really neat transitions, the Mind-Flayer puppet was pretty neat...but...for me it didn't have the scares, the look-alikes weren't as good (I felt for the poor actors who had to wear that horrendous wig for Billy.), and for as impressive as the Mind-Flayer was, I felt the Klownzilla in KKfOS pulled off a better impact of a giant monster you had to walk under. Ultimately, ST 2019 in Orlando was a case of bigger is not necessarily better. While it had some nice moments, it didn't have the spark of the 2018 version.

I've always been envious of the Orlando houses and it always bugged how the Orlando crowd thought theirs was weak in its last iteration. It was insanely impressive.
Same It’s crazy when I hear them not liking their 29 house they had that mindflayer and mall scene. We had the evil dead cabin and like one very good slimey looking hand puppet

While I usually champion my own coast, the simple reality is that an "OK" house at Universal Orlando is usually on par with a "good" house at Universal Hollywood.

Universal Orlando doesn't make bad houses, and it's part of why I fly over there every year. If you've only ever been to HHN at Universal Orlando, you are spoiled and you just don't know what you have. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy Universal Hollywood, but I only wish we got Orlando's budget.

Wild that Hollywood might've gotten the better IP lineup this year.
I honestly had to look a few times because those are very “Hollywood” IPs in Orlando. If Candyman and Evil Dead are inspired by the OG movies . . . wow. Has that been confirmed anywhere? (Not super involved in spec this year.)

EDIT: Not “confirmed” literally, but you guys know what I mean

Reactions: HydraGen2299
While I usually champion my own coast, the simple reality is that an "OK" house at Universal Orlando is usually on par with a "good" house at Universal Hollywood.

Universal Orlando doesn't make bad houses, and it's part of why I fly over there every year. If you've only ever been to HHN at Universal Orlando, you are spoiled and you just don't know what you have. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy Universal Hollywood, but I only wish we got Orlando's budget.
Made the jump and opted out of Hollywood last year and did a week in Orlando instead. Every one of their mazes would have been HOTY in Hollywood. The production value is just insane.

I honestly had to look a few times because those are very “Hollywood” IPs in Orlando. If Candyman and Evil Dead are inspired by the OG movies . . . wow. Has that been confirmed anywhere? (Not super involved in spec this year.)

EDIT: Not “confirmed” literally, but you guys know what I mean
Candyman is supposedly the 2021 one

Status
Not open for further replies.