Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't even have to imagine because both have happened in some form whether it be maze, SZ, or Tram

(.....and "show" for Chucky)

Freddy? None of Hollywood’s entries did anything original with him. There might have been 2007’s Dreamwalkers (Orlando) and the Titans of Terror mazes, but both stories were merely smokescreens for movie recreations. Compare that to Chucky’s mazes in Orlando 2009 and Japan where they truly were original.

Freddy? None of Hollywood’s entries did anything original with him. There might have been 2007’s Dreamwalkers (Orlando) and the Titans of Terror mazes, but both stories were merely smokescreens for movie recreations.
An IP original means to create an original story while staying true to the IP/character (which includes iconic movie kill recreations) without doing a straight up retelling of the specific movie(s)

2007's Dreamwalkers in Orlando was most definitely an original IP, despite having the "Hall of iconic kills" from the films, everything else was different settings with epic scares. (Even F13 was an original take for Orlando, not one specific F13 film. ONLY TCM & Dead Silence recreated their respective films as houses)

Um but... Hollywood has never done an actual Nightmare on Elm Street house (we don't count 2010's remake).
- Freddy took over the 2006 Asylum maze for 2007/2008 (loosely turned into Westin Hills).
- Freddy was the 2008 icon/hosted the Terror Tram
- Titans of Terror Tram 2017, he took over the War of the Worlds set in different outfits to create a "he's everywhere" Nightmare.
- The Titans of Terror maze was literally an IP original (in vein of Orlando's "All Night Die-In", except was able to officially use the slashers), Freddy's section was the most original of the 3!
- And let's not forget the most important one, 2016's Freddy vs Jason was NOT a recreation of the 2003 film, but a completely new original story/concept that only used the film's name.

An IP original means to create an original story while staying true to the IP/character (which includes iconic movie kill recreations) without doing a straight up retelling of the specific movie(s)

2007's Dreamwalkers in Orlando was most definitely an original IP, despite having the "Hall of iconic kills" from the films, everything else was different settings with epic scares. (Even F13 was an original take for Orlando, not one specific F13 film. ONLY TCM & Dead Silence recreated their respective films as houses)

Um but... Hollywood has never done an actual Nightmare on Elm Street house (we don't count 2010's remake).
- Freddy took over the 2006 Asylum maze for 2007/2008 (loosely turned into Westin Hills).
- Freddy was the 2008 icon/hosted the Terror Tram
- Titans of Terror Tram 2017, he took over the War of the Worlds set in different outfits to create a "he's everywhere" Nightmare.
- The Titans of Terror maze was literally an IP original (in vein of Orlando's "All Night Die-In", except was able to officially use the slashers), Freddy's section was the most original of the 3!
- And let's not forget the most important one, 2016's Freddy vs Jason was NOT a recreation of the 2003 film, but a completely new original story/concept that only used the film's name.

2007 was the Westin Hills Asylum maze.. 2008 was a straight up NOES maze with 1428 Elm Street facade and everything..

Last edited:
Chucky actually had the HoH overlay, Chucky's Funhouse. Where Chucky was turning people into toy hybrids.

Reactions: Wesker69
Yeah. At the end of the day, I just want the event to be fun and successful. Original mazes can be both; they’re just not my preference.
I guess I just don't understand what this means. I understand level of anticipation not being as high, but what about the actual quality of the mazes? If they're not your preference, are you just stating they're somehow not as good as an IP? Like...where does that disconnect come from to not be able to appreciate something just because it's an original idea? If you walk into an original room that's more detailed and has a bigger scare than an IP room, does that IP room still just automatically win simply because it's an IP?
Not sure what's confusing? I'm not going to write off a maze sight unseen just because it's an original. That'd be lazy and unfair. These originals might be great! Still, I would 100% prefer an intellectual property for all the reasons I stated, especially if it's between an intellectual property and "unoriginal-original" like Scarecrow. If it's gonna be an original, I would love for it to be a true, legit original idea/concept, like Pandora's Box was (only, you know, better than Pandora's Box).

Hey there! I'm going to be attending opening night (Sep 8) this year and was curious if there's any special information I should be aware of. I've heard things such as that there is no early entry during opening night and that the lines are actually shorter than an hour, even though opening night tends to sell out. Any confirmation to these and anything else I should be notified about?

I've never heard of there not being an early entry for opening night. I know Employee Preview Night doesn't have it. And lines can still get pretty backed up to 2-3 hours from 9pm to 12am. As long as you hit 5-6 mazes by 9pm, you should be good.

Reactions: TPFan
Hey there! I'm going to be attending opening night (Sep 8) this year and was curious if there's any special information I should be aware of. I've heard things such as that there is no early entry during opening night and that the lines are actually shorter than an hour, even though opening night tends to sell out. Any confirmation to these and anything else I should be notified about?

Expect delays. Everything will take longer than it should. Ops will still be figuring out how to pace guests/direct queues. Celebrities will show up, causing a complete freeze as they take pictures/tour the mazes. Early entry could happen, but we won't know more until actors start getting call times. Even if an early entry opening is scheduled, it may not happen, because there's a good chance the actors will experience delays getting to the maze.

Basically, try to go with the flow. The night will be pretty unpredictable.

From my experience opening night always has early entry, and while wait times may seem deceptively short at first, don't let that fool you, a seemingly slow night can easily become massively packed by the time non-early entry guests make their way in.
Seconding Freak's comment, since even besides the fact its a headliner, SS29 almost always demands the longest wait times, and gets packed the fastest.
Obviously since we dont know the exact early entry order, its harder to say, but personally, modifying the order that consistently got me into every house last year (assuming you want to stay till close to closing)
First do Weeknd, then Monsters, then Klowns, make your way up to the pseudo backlot section behind Harry potter as they'll likely either be about to open, or just did, do either Scarecrow or Halloween depending on which opens first (last year pandora opened a bit after hill house, leading to the line for pandora being short by the time people who got in line for hill house on the earlier side of things got out of the maze), then tram, then La Llorona and Hotel Deville or whatever they end up calling it, and finish with Blumhouse, since that location tends to get a rush of guests right after formal opening, but it peters off as the night goes on.

From my experience opening night always has early entry, and while wait times may seem deceptively short at first, don't let that fool you, a seemingly slow night can easily become massively packed by the time non-early entry guests make their way in.
Seconding Freak's comment, since even besides the fact its a headliner, SS29 almost always demands the longest wait times, and gets packed the fastest.
Obviously since we dont know the exact early entry order, its harder to say, but personally, modifying the order that consistently got me into every house last year (assuming you want to stay till close to closing)
First do Weeknd, then Monsters, then Klowns, make your way up to the pseudo backlot section behind Harry potter as they'll likely either be about to open, or just did, do either Scarecrow or Halloween depending on which opens first (last year pandora opened a bit after hill house, leading to the line for pandora being short by the time people who got in line for hill house on the earlier side of things got out of the maze), then tram, then La Llorona and Hotel Deville or whatever they end up calling it, and finish with Blumhouse, since that location tends to get a rush of guests right after formal opening, but it peters off as the night goes on.
Your gameplan is almost exactly the same as mine. Parisian courtyard has always had a pretty reasonable wait time by the time you've hit up the Lower Lot, Curious George lot, and the tram. I think the wait times for both the Hotel House and La Llorona will be fairly short. I'm counting on more people wanting to check out Hotel since it will be the first brand new house in TWDA which in theory should balance the wait times.

I've posted this other places, but I will do so here. If I am wrong, I will be fully understanding; but I have been able to get more than enough people to where I have been willing to run with this.

Dark Arts and Death Eaters are happening.

Back in April when the rumor was first making the rounds from that of HauntVault by a singular user, I decided to begin doing some digging to learn and understand the matter; if it had truth or validity. I got a confirmation that they were planning it for this year, but I was told back then--that they were figuring out logistics if it can be done for HHN (Likely as a result of the path leading to H-Lot).

Come to Late July, I ask again, get reconfirmation, and I have since then been quietly making the rounds in the efforts to get a better understanding if the rumor has merit.

As of the past week, I've been able to get more than enough in individuals that I've been wanting to run with it; fully speaking in the prospect. Additionally, there seems to be shipments for seasonal stuff for USH to be done for Hogsmeade. I don't know if this could be connected, or to be more prep for the Holidays, but I can confirm this is something that has been done. If I am wrong I'll be more than able to take the full anger on, but with August upon us and a month awaiting till HHN; I wanted to stir up some excitement with this rumor however I can.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
I heard something is planned, but it may not be the full Death Eater setup that Orlando and Japan get.

Then again, it's important to remember that Death Eaters were 100% happening - to the point where people were cast, costumes were ordered and fitted, scenic elements designed and partially fabricated - until they suddenly weren't, less than one month before event opening.

Last year they were able to create a nice spooky atmosphere with projections on Hogwarts castle, but no full show. I quite enjoyed that; didn't clog up pathways, but still fit well with Halloween.

But I would love for the death eaters to join in some capacity. Here's hoping

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I heard something is planned, but it may not be the full Death Eater setup that Orlando and Japan get.

Then again, it's important to remember that Death Eaters were 100% happening - to the point where people were cast, costumes were ordered and fitted, scenic elements designed and partially fabricated - until they suddenly weren't, less than one month before event opening.

I honestly won't be surprised if your more right on it than I am, especially given the past with Potter and USH trying to get it off the ground.

Hopefully with H-Lot only accessible through Hogsmeade, it gives them the ability to go forward on things, even if it's a lighter version in scale and scope for the Death Eaters.

I honestly won't be surprised if your more right on it than I am, especially given the past with Potter and USH trying to get it off the ground
2019.... it should've happened, but honestly, with as bad as the crowds were that year, I'm slightly happy it was scrapped.

I'm dreading full event post-apocalyptic waittimes & crowds this year, but it would probably work better now that they've figured out how to use the Potter Passageway of Doom!

Status
Not open for further replies.