Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - News & Info | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Last night they were only letting the 2pm combo tickets into SMW. Whoever said more people can go are misinformed. They said there is no policy change and you must have that ticket.
… and this is the reason I don’t think it was officially announced.

The Early Access people def got into SNW that weekend so it’s either possible that … A. Ops that night messed up. B. They decided to revert back. Or C. They adjust based on crowds.

… and this is the reason I don’t think it was officially announced.

The Early Access people def got into SNW that weekend so it’s either possible that … A. Ops that night messed up. B. They decided to revert back. Or C. They adjust based on crowds.
Like all things HHN this year just very confusing and unorganized. Lets hope things get better.

That would be insane with all the merch, drinks, tickets, express pass and food being sold. Along with the parks selling out many days still.
Oh I totally agree, which is why if that’s true there needs to be a huge rework of how the event is run. This could be the beginning of a huge decline in attendance. I don’t think people are willingly waiting 3 hours for a 5 minute house. I think they’re just trying to get their moneys worth after spending $150 to just get inside the park. We won’t know until next year.

There's got to be a ton of people who paid for Early Entry that must be complaining to GR about not really being able to do much, right? If so, is the park going to do anything about it? If it's this bad now, I can't even imagine in October.

I have a FFP, and all this has really soured me on the event as a whole. Last year, we went 17 times (keep in mind we only stayed for a couple of hours each time). This year, I doubt we'll even get to double digits. If it's run like this again next year, there's really no point in getting a FFP next year for me.

I agree with others, I'll be spending a lot more time at Knott's and Fright Fest this year, and likely have a much more enjoyable time.

There's got to be a ton of people who paid for Early Entry that must be complaining to GR about not really being able to do much, right? If so, is the park going to do anything about it? If it's this bad now, I can't even imagine in October.

I have a FFP, and all this has really soured me on the event as a whole. Last year, we went 17 times (keep in mind we only stayed for a couple of hours each time). This year, I doubt we'll even get to double digits. If it's run like this again next year, there's really no point in getting a FFP next year for me.

I agree with others, I'll be spending a lot more time at Knott's and Fright Fest this year, and likely have a much more enjoyable time.
Last of Us and Exorcist have both had to close lines before. So that's about 2-3 thousand people. Stranger things gets 2-3 hour waits and if Last of us is not closed its about the same

So to me it seems like 5+ thousand people easily are allowed during this time. It felt insane when I went on week two during that time

I was able to get Express passes and finish the mazes by 12 but man was it crowded yesterday. Many of my friends who did GA did not enjoy their time and i personally did not enjoy my time at all last year with GA. I know its almost impossible, but I can't help but think opinions might sway a bit if there was more ambiance/ scarezones.

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. What would even prompt them to 1) even consider this and 2) then allow it? Not like it'll make them more money. Just more idiots wanting to scare others.

Reactions: Galactus and Clive
Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. What would even prompt them to 1) even consider this and 2) then allow it? Not like it'll make them more money. Just more idiots wanting to scare others.

Event is already extremely well sold for the rest of the run. Going to cause so many safety, security, and operational headaches. I’m baffled.

Event is already extremely well sold for the rest of the run. Going to cause so many safety, security, and operational headaches. I’m baffled.
Can only imagine the guest relations line on halloween when people show up to the scanners, get turned away for their costumes not being up to vague guidelines, and have to go all the way back to the end of the insane line after walking all the way back to their cars.

Reactions: Clive
I like the idea--as it seems to be adopting the same rulings and applications that are in place for daytime purposes. I do think this could've been brought in either much earlier, or at the start to get everyone on the same page; but I don't think this is a terrible idea.

Hell, this makes me really hopeful they are looking at adding Kid-centric Halloween content for 2024. Either way--curious to see if this is reversed or not.

(and for those wanting the rules itself)
  • Guests must be fully clothed, including shoes and shirts.
  • Guests may not wear clothing or accessories (e.g. uniforms, costumes or props) that may create a false impression that guests work for Universal or as emergency personnel, including, without limitation clothing or items identified with law enforcement, security, firefighters, emergency responders or the military.
  • Except as required by Universal or for religious or medical reasons, guests may not wear any covering that fully or partially obscures a person’s face, including costume masks, facial coverings, and face applications. Face painting is permitted only if it covers no more than one-half of the face (applied vertically only) or is applied in a pre-approved design by professional artists at Universal. Guests may be requested to modify their make-up or remove any type of facial covering to meet the above standards.
  • No prosthetic makeup (including makeup that conceals part of the face, like the eyes, nose, or mouth) is permitted.
  • Clothing that Universal determines is indecent, exposes excessive portions of the skin, or that Universal views as inappropriate for a family environment (including, without limitation, gory or gruesome clothing or accessories) is prohibited.
  • Service animals may not wear or be part of a costume.
  • No weapons of any kind are permitted. Any item that resembles a weapon or is manufactured in the shape of a weapon is not permitted. Any items that could be used as a weapon are not permitted, including, but not limited to: firearms, explosives, fireworks, chemical dispensing devices, clubs, sticks, knives, swords or other object(s) that may be used in any way to inflict bodily injury on another person.
  • No special or atmospheric effects, including, without limitation, balloons, smoke, fog, powered effects, and sound effects, are permitted.
  • No veils, long trains, stilts, or oversized costumes that could pose a safety hazard to guests or team members are permitted.
  • Costumes may not interfere with security screening. Costumes cannot exceed 25 inches wide x 80 inches high to meet Universal’s metal detection regulations. Costumes are subject to secondary x-ray screenings.
  • Universal reserves the right to preclude any costumes that may cause confusion that the guest is part of the Halloween Horror Nights experience. Impersonating a theme park entertainment or character or performing, frightening or otherwise disrupting other guests or event operations is prohibited and may result in expulsion from Universal’s property.

I bought a Dracula poncho/cape that they sold in the UNVRS store at Citywalk (it looks similar to a Harry potter robe, but stops at the waist, and with Dracula logos on it), and when I stood around outside by myself for a moment while my husband was in the restroom, in the span of maybe 3 minutes two different people came up and asked me questions as if I worked there :lol: